Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

Its satellite channel wned by True so Truevision is the first place to look, Might be available on other sats though.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yellow shirt leader has just admitted that the Abhisit & Anupong's days are numbered.

Just to go over something put on another thread.

Sondthi, the coup leader who granted himself immunity and said he would never enter politics, who now is in a political party............. (tells you everything)

Sondthi said that he was scared Thaksin would invoke the SOE, as once the SOE is invoked the top brass can be replaced for failing to follow orders.

I think we are seeing a massive fight between Annupong and Abhisit/Suthep.

In order to appear to follow orders its why the Army put up a weak fight, fired some tear gas and then fell back at Thaicom.

Annupong has followed orders so Abhisit and Suthep cannot replace him.

Its all a game but it tells you loud and clear that the invoking of the SOE was a game by Suthep/Abhisit to get rid of Annupong.

We now have the Reds against the Democrats and the Army against the Democrats.

There could well be a coup soon, or more likely Annupong, the man said to be behind getting the small parties to go with the Democrats, will tonight get the small parties to join PTP and get the Democrats kicked out of office.

Yellow shirt leader has just admitted that the Abhisit & Anupong's days are numbered.

Sondthi, the coup leader who granted himself immunity and said he would never enter politics, who now is in a political party............. (tells you everything)

Sondthi said that he was scared Thaksin would invoke the SOE, as once the SOE is invoked the top brass can be replaced for failing to follow orders.

In order to appear to follow orders its why the Army put up a weak fight, fired some tear gas and then fell back at Thaicom.

Its all a game but it tells you loud and clear that the invoking of the SOE was a game by Suthep/Abhisit to get rid of Annupong.

There could well be a coup soon, or more likely Annupong, the man said to be behind getting the small parties to go with the Democrats, will tonight get the small parties to join PTP and get the Democrats kicked out of office.

From the Army's magnificent performance today at Thaicom, Anunpong certainly does deserve being sacked.

From what was shown on TNN News, the army basically threw smoke and tear gas grenades towards the protesters, without noticing that the wind was blowing their way. Dozens of soldiers had to be treated, by red shirts for breathing problems.

I think the reds will win.

The yellows set the bar with their airport seizure and the reds raised it.

When the reds get in, they will need to immediatey start a program of national reconcilliation. Given the players involved, I can't see that happening.

What will happen then is that it will be yellows turn to raise the bar.

The police are just around to line their pockets with bribes and the army appear to be poorly trained and even more poorly motivated. It's a case of 'not my problem mate'.

The army aren't on anyones side as I see it.

As I say - without a serious reconcilliation program, we are headed for civil war.

Edited by pedro01

I have seen no sign whatsoever of any reconciliation sentiment from the red side. To me, that rates as the most irrational assertion in many days. They may have more popular support (winning by a mad mob is not the same thing as popular support) if their rhetoric was indeed more about national unity. But it hasn't been. Not at all.

Edited by Jingthing

When the reds get in, they will need to immediatey start a program of national reconcilliation. Given the players involved, I can't see that happening.
I have seen no sign whatsoever of any reconciliation sentiment from the red side.

A few months ago, Thaksin offered a power-sharing deal to Abhisit. However, Abhisit quickly declined it.

Edited by rainman

From the Army's magnificent performance today at Thaicom, Anunpong certainly does deserve being sacked.

Anunpong? More likely Suthep.

Abhisit is finished. Cooked. Done like a kipper.

He buys 24 hours with his SOE announcement, now the Army doesn't back him up, allows Red Shirts to pile up the points.

1 day, 2 days? Not much more.

I agree with your conclusion, but sadly I think it was more a case of the Army not being well prepared in crowd control. The Army was under attack, they responded with water cannons and tear gas and then were over run. This doesn't sound like the Army was not backing Abhisit up, but more like the soldiers on the ground gave up.

Abhisit is finished. Cooked. Done like a kipper.

He buys 24 hours with his SOE announcement, now the Army doesn't back him up, allows Red Shirts to pile up the points.

1 day, 2 days? Not much more.

The interesting thing will be what comes after. Cant have lawlessness. Usually after street demos in thailand you dont go to an election but to a change in government

No disagreement on Abhisit beinbg finished. Even his supporters must be deserting him enmasse.

Thaksin to declare victory at ten?

Many saying it's over. It's complicated, but not over for Abhisit. Losing some face and not having full control of your troops is embarassing, but it's not the end of the game. It appears that Abhisit's side has lost control of an intersection and a TV station. Not the end. He could bring in competent brass (to replace incompetents), and take back control. The fat lady hasn't yet sung, though Thaksin is probably singing a happy tune right now.

Many saying it's over. It's complicated, but not over for Abhisit. Losing some face and not having full control of your troops is embarassing, but it's not the end of the game. It appears that Abhisit's side has lost control of an intersection and a TV station. Not the end. He could bring in competent brass (to replace incompetents), and take back control. The fat lady hasn't yet sung, though Thaksin is probably singing a happy tune right now.

That's all we need is the fat lady getting involved in this!

I agree with you Abhisit will come out the winner.

During tonight's press conference Abhisit was flanked by Anupong, Prawit, and Suthep. This speaks volumes about the state of the relationship between the government and the military.

It appears that this afternoon was a simple cock-up. My guess is a combination of inept leadership on the ground, poor planning, and soldiers and police who cannot help but be reluctant to fight their own people. Thai on Thai is a very ugly business.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

During tonight's press conference Abhisit was flanked by Anupong, Prawit, and Suthep. This speaks volumes about the state of the relationship between the government and the military.

It appears that this afternoon was simply a major cock-up. My guess is a combination of completely inept leadership on the ground, a total lack of planning, and soldiers and police who didn't want to help and were also reluctant to fight their own people. 10 Thais on top of one Thai is a very ugly fight.

I agree.

It appears that this afternoon was a simple cock-up. My guess is a combination of inept leadership on the ground, poor planning, and soldiers and police who cannot help but be reluctant to fight their own people. Thai on Thai is a very ugly business.

Well any policing or national guard force is asked occasioally to do the same.

Physically confront and control their fellow citizens.

Either you do your duty, or you need to leave the service, end of story.

Contrary to what the Nation editor is spouting out of his backside, the signal from People Channel is very clear tonight. The signal from Saudi Arabia was less clear, but still perfectly audible. The Nation editor must have a really poor Internet connection.