Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

It would be very interesting to see what you red supporters would be saying if there was bloodshed , The PM has put lives first how else would a well educated person in his position react ?

Well done Abhisit

Agreed.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photo collage here from the Thaicom incident today, including lots of "peaceful" red shirts and even the ladyboy red bra platoon!

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/gri...haicom+Teleport

From these photo's it appears that the redshirts are in possession of lot of guns, are they keeping these or what are they doing with them? its a worry.

The red shirts took them, and they will probably keep them. That photo probably isn't the entire cache, as if you were watching the live videos, there were a lot of soldiers who were deserting and joining the red shirts.

Also interesting that these photos show that the red shirts weren't exactly "non-violent". Loads of rocks were thrown, a Molotov cocktail was in one photo, a baton-wielding red shirt was attacking soldiers in another. And the most violent act of all would be been being attacked by that thing in the red bra.

Nice photo collage here from the Thaicom incident today, including lots of "peaceful" red shirts and even the ladyboy red bra platoon!

From these photo's it appears that the redshirts are in possession of a lot of guns, are they keeping these or what are they doing with them? its a worry.

Seems to me that the red shirts are the government now.

The government is becoming more and more of a joke now.

TNN News showing police chiefs negotiating with red shirt leaders, who are supposed to be arrested on sight, to leave ThaiCom police station, in return for PTV to be turned back on.

They negotiated, came to an agreement, and let the red shirt leaders go back to Sukhumvit.

Abhisit is clearly not in control anymore and it'll be fun to watch how he'll explain this in the next news conference.

He was never in control, every Thai prime minister is merely walking on egg shells until the army have enough of them.

From these photo's it appears that the redshirts are in possession of a lot of guns, are they keeping these or what are they doing with them? its a worry.

Seems to me that the red shirts are the government now.

:):D:D

From these photo's it appears that the redshirts are in possession of lot of guns, are they keeping these or what are they doing with them? its a worry.

that's what they stole from the police trucks. Not sure if it was returned at this point yet.

How about the rock throwing? It's all so childish.

The red shirts took them, and they will probably keep them. That photo probably isn't the entire cache, as if you were watching the live videos, there were a lot of soldiers who were deserting and joining the red shirts.

Also interesting that these photos show that the red shirts weren't exactly "non-violent". Loads of rocks were thrown, a Molotov cocktail was in one photo, a baton-wielding red shirt was attacking soldiers in another. And the most violent act of all would be been being attacked by that thing in the red bra.

If you guys would understand what is being said on Thai television, you would know that the weapons have already been returned when the red shirts left ThaiCom. So don't make up rumors please.

How about the rock throwing? It's all so childish.

Oh where is your sense of humour?

Thailand Rocks.

That's the new ad campaign; this entire red shirt event is what we call in marketing, guerilla marketing.

Red is the new black.

I guess maybe Abhisit and Somchai aren't in such a different position; however i can't help but feel that these red shirters probably need to see some 'balls' pretty soon as this is dragging on.

They are pushing...time for security to push back.

A line of monks were seen leading as shield for the red shirts while a line of policewomen were deployed to deter the red shirts from advancing.

Under Buddhist disciplinary rules, monks are not allowed physical contacts with females.

:)

Police are a bit thick. Women aren't allowed to touch monks

It's monks that aren't supposed to touch females.

Ah, achmm, but what about katoeys?

You mean the government will use katoeys dressed in full riot gear next? I want to see that. :)

Another 'D'oh!' moment for the police and government.

Nuttawut earlier today clearly seen sitting down with local high ranking police officers negotiating the reconnection of the TV signal.

I know the police are a bit scared of the naughty red shirts, but what better chance do you need to make an arrest???

Granted ... the police were surrounded by a few thousand red shirts which would have made the walk of shame a little tricky.

Like I said earlier Police Generals do not like Abhisit, because he is a block on their upward mobility...

Pay for positions is very low on Abhisits list of allowable things

If you guys would understand what is being said on Thai television, you would know that the weapons have already been returned when the red shirts left ThaiCom. So don't make up rumors please.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, and I'm very sorry for being able to speak Thai.

I suggest you guys turn on TNN News. While not in English, they're showing a lot more live coverage than other Thai news channels. I bet their ratings will skyrocket after this is all over, kind of like CNN during the Gulf War.

Another 'D'oh!' moment for the police and government.

Nuttawut earlier today clearly seen sitting down with local high ranking police officers negotiating the reconnection of the TV signal.

I know the police are a bit scared of the naughty red shirts, but what better chance do you need to make an arrest???

Granted ... the police were surrounded by a few thousand red shirts which would have made the walk of shame a little tricky.

Like I said earlier Police Generals do not like Abhisit, because he is a block on their upward mobility...

Pay for positions is very low on Abhisits list of allowable things

Amazing isn't it that the PM that hates corruption the most in Thai history is hated by Westerners?

I guess maybe Abhisit and Somchai aren't in such a different position; however i can't help but feel that these red shirters probably need to see some 'balls' pretty soon as this is dragging on.

They are pushing...time for security to push back.

It doesn't seem as though either the army or the police are pushing back right now. If I were one of the Redshirt leaders right now, I would take advantage of this squeamishness or power vacuum or whatever it is and take over the parliament house right now. I don't see how this situation can last much longer and they probably will find someone less gentlemanly than Abhisit in control in a few days.

"If anything, the firing of that tear gas is what provoked them to push through and break through the lines into the building." Reported by BBC (neutral enough?).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8610740.stm

Ah, so the reporter is claiming they shoot the teargas behind the protesters? Otherwise the usual reaction is to run away from the teargas, not attack the military. Unless it isn't the women and kids the Red clappers seem to pretend is walking the crowd, but men highly set in mind to fight and cause trouble.

just watched an interview of Thaksin with a pretty good resolution. It seems as if he's completly shaved and wearing a wick. This may explain his new hairline? I don't think that this is a result of chemo therapy, but I think he travels bald.

Hmm, don't even Muslim suicide commandos shave completely before an attack?

Then there's a wordtreade center in Bkk too. :):D :D

I suggest you guys turn on TNN News. While not in English, they're showing a lot more live coverage than other Thai news channels. I bet their ratings will skyrocket after this is all over, kind of like CNN during the Gulf War.

What channel is TNN on TrueVisions? I have the gold package. It's for my wife and I don't usually watch much TV.

Its funny how most of the Thai channels don't give this a lot of coverage at all compared to the kind of 24 hour rolling news we have in the west, if this kind of thing was happening in the uk then the bbc would be giving it blanket airtime.

Does anyone know where the thread is that was started the day before the actual 'million man' march stating how the reds had failed? I just want to laugh at the OP for his naivity.

The million man march on Friday, uh, Sunday, uh...a week ago, is a failure in demonstradum. As it never happened and it was clearly seen that the widespread support isn't.

That a small bunch of thugs could attack the police or military is something we already knew.

What channel is TNN on TrueVisions? I have the gold package. It's for my wife and I don't usually watch much TV.

7 (TNN) & 8 (TNN2) ... not much on there though.

Not sure what number, I moved all the numbers around to my liking from the default set-up. Their website is www.tnnthailand.com so just look for the same logo on the channels. It's usually an orange "TNN 24".

Its funny how most of the Thai channels don't give this a lot of coverage at all compared to the kind of 24 hour rolling news we have in the west, if this kind of thing was happening in the uk then the bbc would be giving it blanket airtime.

TNN have had almost continual coverage. I think the other channels may be under orders to keep it low profile

For that matter what happened to the Friday updates here on Thaivisa?

Edited by Guest

Not sure what number, I moved all the numbers around to my liking from the default set-up. Their website is www.tnnthailand.com so just look for the same logo on the channels. It's usually an orange "TNN 24".

TNN24 is located on Truevisisons channel number 7. I have watched it for more than 18 months. The reporting is generally accurate and impartial. I think they do a good job.

Does anyone know where the thread is that was started the day before the actual 'million man' march stating how the reds had failed? I just want to laugh at the OP for his naivity.
The red rally that is underway, dubbed '1 million red man march' by some, is by all accounts a huge failure in terms of turnout and local support.

The observed sentiment from local residents in middle to low income areas has been dismissive and rejective of the red shirts call for support.

The leadership is scrambling as how to say themselves from this apparent failure to bring any impressive numbers or the apparent lack of support from even their mother party and from all military officers associated with the party. Latest is that they now proclaim that the demonstrations will end at 5 pm and will resume, at a much higher number one must presume, on Sunday instead.

Will they succeed to gather any impressive numbers on Sunday and if they don't, will they fissile out like a fart in the wind or will their last battle be declared to not be their last stated battle anymore and more tries announced?

There is even claims from within UDD leadership that if they gather enough people for 7 days that the parliament would be dissolved, as if there was a rule that forced this to happen. Desperate last call?

Discuss.