Songkran Festivities Cancelled In Bangkok?

Songbkk2

:)

I haven't seen anything official, but I think unless the situation improves that is going to be what happens.

If you like to be sprayed by laughing idiots in pickup trucks with high power hoses spraying water that is mixed with some blue chemical goo that stings your eyes, dries on your hair in less than 5 minutes, and smells like sh-t on you're clothes...then go to Pattaya. If you like that kind of thing you'll enjoy Pattaya.

That's how the boozers-and-losers celebrate Songkhran down there.

:D

Whatever happens, Songkran will be celebrated in Khao san road, Nana Entertainment Plaza, and on Soi Cowboy... There will be plenty of Farangs in each of these areas, and they will be throwing and squirting water all over eachother, and anything else that moves. Likewise plastering eachother with white dyed paste...

To what extent Songkran will be "Officially" Celebrated depends on how the Red Shirt protests proceed. So far They have occupied the main "Commercial" tourist areas, but these sites are not known for Songkran festivities anyway... mostly consisting of Posh hotels and up-market shopping malls.

Fear not, Songkran will be celebrated. It takes more than an order from the government to stop it.

Yeah, whatever happens, Songkran goes on! If there is talk of cancellations then it'll surely only apply to government organized things; who cares about those things anyway, it's the party that matters!

That said, the situation in Bangkok could get dicey. So indeed it's better to party up-country, just about any town will do really. Chiang Mai is particularly awesome. I'm seriously looking forward to it, I went Songkran-supplies shopping today. :D

The anticipation is just like that before Christmas when I was 8 years old.. Can't wait, can't sleep!! :)

Where did you see a 'ban' suggested? Around Songkran there are all kinds of ceremonies and organized events and parades. Cancelling some of those in Bangkok does in not mean that people can't go 'play water'. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

^go to Pattaya then :)

Or Chiang Mai, Song Kran is wicked here.

Wonder if UG has barricaded himself in his humble abode for said Songkran festivites in CM?

I am of the opinion that locking yourself inside is a lot more boring than joining in. It is always a lot of fun in front of John's Place keeping the shy and demure ladies company. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.