Pcx Plastic

PC800

Thinking about a PCX as I like the styling best of any new Honda. But hate the "chocolate" plastic pieces. I have read where some people have easily taken off the seat bump and recovered it, but don't know who can replace or paint plastic. Honda does have some "carbon fibre" pieces for other models (110-i for sure) but not for PCX. If properly prepped, I assume plastic can be painted. Has anyone done this in Pattaya?

Honda offers a "wooden" replacement option which looks quite good.

I bought the black version and "invested" in some accessories like the "wood" and the chromium stickers. Looks good but it is quite expensive for only 'looking good"... :)

But the machine itself is amazing - the first really "adult" (European style) scooter with a powerful engine and a safe chassis.

Your plastics can be painted but the shop better know what they're doing.

That brown plastic on the PCX looks like it needs an adhesion promoter because its composition is meant to deter stains and be self cleaning.

Adhesion promoter goes on before the primer layer and keeps the paint from just chipping off as the plastic flexes.

An auto paintshop should know what they're doing as urethane car bumpers need this adhesion promoter.

Of course this is Thailand so you really should do your homework on a good shop and explain this paint process or you might just get some idiot using rattle can spray on your bike.

• 4 months later...

I think vinyl dye is the way to go. It "soaks into" the plastic. Google it and you will see people using it for everything from computer plastics, model car plastics to plastic bumpers and motorcycle plastics.

VHT_Dye.jpg

Now the BIG question. Where do you get this stuff in Thailand?

:jap:

Honda offers a "wooden" replacement option which looks quite good.

I bought the black version and "invested" in some accessories like the "wood" and the chromium stickers. Looks good but it is quite expensive for only 'looking good"... :)

But the machine itself is amazing - the first really "adult" (European style) scooter with a powerful engine and a safe chassis.

do you have any pictures of your bike with these wood panels?