Car Restoration

Thetyim, WOW mate. This is exactly why I started this thread. Look at those machines. I can't decide which one i like more.

I will definately keep on top of this as so far it seems my best bet.

Your a champ mate.

Cheers

Sale 12170 - Sports, Competition & Collectors' Motor Cars, F1 Memorabilia, Automobilia & Models Goodwood, Festival of Speed, Chichester, Sussex 24 Jun 2005 at 10:00

Lot No: 642

The ex-HRH Prince Birabongse of Siam

1932 MG F2 Magna

Registration no. MG 1976

Chassis no. F1479

Engine no. 1741AF

Way out of my price range but someone here might like this investment

Piccies available

Thetyim, WOW mate. This is exactly why I started this thread. Look at those machines. I can't decide which one i like more.

I will definately keep on top of this as so far it seems my best bet.

Your a champ mate.

Cheers

A 911 like mine, or one of those nice machines would look good in your Driveway of that great house of yours, good pics, made a nice job, cheeky ferang has done a good job also. check mine out on members photo albums.

I have been to the "Mercedes" Wat,

Do not get your hopes up , very little work gets done,

the young monks are not doing the work , just looks like a few 20 year old kids,

work is Ok, nothing great,

I think you get good "merit" if you give a Mercedes to the monks,

there are 30-40 of them, nothing special 4 door sedans from the 60s-70s that are waiting "restoration"

there are a few cars on display , the best being a couple early 300 sedan Adenhauers,

I think I was one of the few visitors they got, I was hoping for a real restoration shop , like the guys that make alms bowls but make fenders :D,

this is NOT the place.

If anyone knows of a place that could make fenders etc I would love to know :o

• 3 weeks later...

The most important classic car club is the:

Classic Car Club Thailand Website

Over 400 members, 500 Thb 1 year membership, no need to own a classic car for be member. Over 400 members already. Some farang are members and new one are particulary well welcome. The office is on RCA in front of Route 66 disco 2nd floor.

Also http://www.benzclassiccars.com/ The mercedes Benz Club Thailand, many members, many cars. Website

Both club have many activities and a big expo yearly hosting in Seacon Square.

Also close to CCCT, Bangkok Classic Car Club Website

Also Sunday Morning Drive an unformal meeting of classic and sports cars on sunday morning 8AM at Rama9 Premier area. (not every sunday but often) Website

Also many club of brand: Ferrai Club Thailand, Thai Lotus Cars Club etc...

The best and more convenient classic car to own in Thailand... a Benz of course: for parts, maintenance (many workshop some excelent and fair price), reliability, some models are drivable everyday, and the after sale value is everytime interesting. Classic Benz start at reasonable price and condition at only 100,000 Thb to reach... 15 M Thb for a gullwing for example.