Bts On Sunday, 11 April?

DaninBangkok

I just dropped my girlfriend off at Thonglor BTS, and she said the system isn't working.

I don't know if it's just this station closed, though I doubt it, or in fact the whole system is down.

Edit - Apparently the travel info is saying that the BTS is running, but Thonglor is certainly shut.

Edited by theoldgit

The BTS is not running on Sathorn since yesterday afternoon. The MRT was operating yesterday evening but had it's roll up doors to the stations down a little and I had to duck under to get in. Not sure about MRT today. Anyone have any current info on MRT today?

I've tried calling a number of times and all I get is a busy signal. Truly they could use some improvement in their customer information department, especially at times like this.

Woud it be asking too much to put an announcement on their webpage?

I called a friend who works as station staff at BTS this morning...around 10... She was sleeping when I called. I asked her if she was supposed to be working today, and she said yes. I asked her if she would be working today, she said she wasn't sure.

There was another report elsewhere that the lines would be running after 10 am, but not all stations would be open. Unfortunately, can't confirm any of this as yet.

Indeed, the BTS web site not only has no info about today, but also no info about the fact they shut down yesterday.... Geez.....

I JUST got off the phone with the BTS office. Took a bit to get through, but did it. The BTS is supposedly running at 10am, and 6 stations will not be serviced:

Sala Daeng, Ratchadamri (sp), Siam, Chidlom, Ploenchit & Nana...

Hope this helps.

ya, I just heard a report on NBT TV to that effect.... missing the middle portion of the Sukhumvit line...

Can't understand about Nana though, since there's been nothing big going on at that locale...which is near my home.

pobably more of a safety cushion. i hope tomorrow all stations are opened, if not i will be walking from nana to us embassy for appt, which if tonight gets crazy, may get cancelled. getting in that mess isnt worth new pages in passport

Does anyone know... are the trains actually running thru and just skipping the closed stations? So in other works, one can travel from On Nut to Morchit, no problem.

Or, as some reports suggest, are they somehow stopping inbound at Asoke and Ratchathewi and somehow turning back around to go the opposite way.

I don't think they can reverse direction at those mid-line stations. But some reports elsewhere are making it sound like that.

jf - Sorry, can't say for sure. That picture was tweeted. The only info I have (below) suggests that trains are actually terminating at Asok coming from Onnut and Rajathewee coming from Mo Chit - i.e. actually stopping and turning back. Personally I seriously doubt that trains will be traveling the stretch of the track around Rajaprasong (bear in mind National Stadium is closed meaning trains on the Silom line don't have to travel past Rachadamri). MRT Silom is apparently still closed as well. Anyone with a clear view of the track between Asok and Rajathewee seeing any trains?

RT @tulsathit: BTS stations near Rajprasong still not servicing. Train coming from Morchit ends at Rajthewee. From Onnuj ends at Asoke.

The only issue about that is... I don't know how the trains can "turn around" at Asoke and such.. There's no facility to do that there... unless they're simply running in reverse on what normally would be the wrong (inbound) side of the track...

I think they can jf. I have a pretty good view of that part of the track from my office and there's a bit before Asok station (between Asok-Promphong) where the two tracks kind of balloon outwards leaving a single, train size track in the middle connected to both main tracks by points. I assume this is some kind of 'siding,' albeit in the middle. Anyway, I'm off to Lad Prao. Needless to say, I won't be taking the train.

Well, to my surprise, the original version is correct.

I talked with the station staff at Asoke BTS...and at least for today...indeed, the inbound trains from On Nut on the Sukhumvit line are stopping/ending at Asoke. And the southbound trains on the same line from Morchit are only going to Ratchathewi.

The stations between those two points will remain closed all day today, and the trains aren't traveling at all between those two points.

So, someone in the north, at least for today, would need to go north to Morchit and change to the MRT line, then head down on the subway from Morchit to the Sukhumvit MRT/Asoke BTS station, and then could continue outbound from Asoke to On Nut...

Or, do the same thing in reverse heading from On Nut to Asoke, then up the MRT to Morchit, then down on the Skytrain line to anywhere between Morchit and Ratchathewi...

And yes, Nana Station is closed up as tight as a drum...

Who knows what tomorrow will bring....

post-53787-1270981767_thumb.jpg