Car Wax

Im the proud owner of 2 new cars and try to keep on top of keeping them clean. I wash them at least once a week, and have been using some liquid wax I bought at Lotus for around 375 baht for a medium sized bottle. The salesman at Lotus tried to sell me a bottle for 2200 baht, but I told my wife to tell him he is crazy.

The 375 baht wax goes on easily but I end up putting on 2 coats every few weeks because it does not hold up well to the elements and what appears to be acid rain collecting on my paint on a daily basis.

Im open to see what everyone else uses and how often and how many coats you use. My Vigo is black and if I wash it Sunday its usually dirty again by Wednesday despite being waxed.

Edited by rideswings

Black a the worst colour you could have got. Show's every mark. Anyway I use a wax called KIT can get it in load's of place's. And I wax it every three month's. Liquid wax Ive found is not that good. But no matter how much you wax It wont stop it getting dirty. Dust it off day'ly with one of those feather duster's.

I have had good luck with the Meguirs line of products. Not cheap, but they work well. Also, the S100 line - especially their cleaners - I have found to be good. A quality wax, or the new synthetic variants - will not wash off easily. So long as you use a soap made for washing cars and not washing dishes, I would think waxing would be a once-a-month affair. Do you store your vehicles in the shade?

I use Turtle Wax, Zip Wax ultra concentrate. I buy it in the USA, usually Walmart for about $5.00 for the 32 oz. A little goes a long way. Last week I was in Carrefore and they had Turtle Wax, about half this size for B1,800. doubt if I would use it at that price although it's an excellent wash/wax.

I’ve used TuffKote Dinol (German franchise) for years in America where there is a lot of salt on the roads to de-ice in winter. Your car is absolutely white from the powdered salt and the underbody is sprayed with salt slush from your wheels as you drive. Tuff-Kote never let the salt penetrate. Use it here in Thailand too, especially their shine-guard. Just checked their website for you and they now have a special wax for black and dark-colors.

Worth a visit to see if you like them. They mail you reminders when it's time to recheck how well their shine-guard or anti-rust coat are holding up.

In CMai they have a wash service with a discount card which works out to less than 100B per wash. They do ‘detailing’ as extra.

http://www.tuff-kotedinol.com/tcc/

Promotion

New product.

Deluxe Black Shine.

Liquid coating. Shopping for dark colors, especially special army - Coat the Accessory Cable only

http://www.tuff-kotedinol.com/tcc/promotion-last

The ad was translated by Google translator which asks if you want the web page translated; you can tick to have it do so automatically, for many languages. I use Firefox, but imagine you can dwnld the google toolbar of Explorer too. The translations are reasonable enough to allow you the gist of it.

Cheers,