Bombs Going Off

FarangCravings

I was dancing on a beach at a Full Moon Party one year to some techno when I heard "pop pop pop" and I thought to myself, "Wow, this DJ is good" because it sounded good with the music (ok, i was a little out of my head), but then everyone started running and I immediately realized what the poping was all about, grabbed my girl's hand, and ran too.

Later learned a Thai guy shot a Thai girl in the face.

To think I was dancing to a girl being murdered. :)

You all sound like it could not happen

I was 200ft away when the bomb that went off near mandalay a few weeks ago sitting in Blue Sky havin a beer

It not like its impossible guys and I am certainly not paranoid either

Already been established that it was not a bomb, but a "thunderflash"

Whatever

all I know is, I was sitting not far away from it and it sounded and felt like a bomb when it went off all I know is if that aint a bomb I dont wanna ever experinence anything bigger than that.

I was also nearby and very lucky not to have been injured - It was a proper BOMB as it was reported on the local news that a quantity of Plastic Explosives was used - that is not a 'thunderflash'

You all sound like it could not happen

I was 200ft away when the bomb that went off near mandalay a few weeks ago sitting in Blue Sky havin a beer

It not like its impossible guys and I am certainly not paranoid either

Already been established that it was not a bomb, but a "thunderflash"

Whatever

all I know is, I was sitting not far away from it and it sounded and felt like a bomb when it went off all I know is if that aint a bomb I dont wanna ever experinence anything bigger than that.

I was also nearby and very lucky not to have been injured - It was a proper BOMB as it was reported on the local news that a quantity of Plastic Explosives was used - that is not a 'thunderflash'

If it was PE the phone boxes would not be standing.

... snip ... and I am certainly not paranoid either

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun FarangCravings,

We believe you ! And it does not seem like paranoia to us to consider that, at this time of "national violent psychodrama," something other than firecrackers could be going off here in the Chiang Mai we all know, and oscillate between agony and rapture in :)

For some reason, it has been very quiet this Songkraan, so far, in our neighborhood (not far from the Gymkhana Club) in terms of firecrackers. We are thankful: our Divine Cat Master was traumatized for days in last year's Loy Khratong: we think he got a firecracker thrown at him, or one exploded near him. He's out of PTSD now, however, but we are worried he may have flashbacks.

In our humble opinions, we believe that a degree of paranoia, particularly about one's own motives, is actually required for mental health. It is unfortunate, we feel, that the word "paranoid" is used as a "binary" description: you are paranoid ... or, not : we'd like to see this kind of dialogue take place more often :

"Hi, how's your paranoia ?"

"Graceful, dude, thanks ... hey: how's yours ?"

"Got a hint of bitter in the honey today, but we're coping, man."

Seems ridiculous that anyone has to ever deny "being paranoid." Or that we call someone "paranoid" when what we really mean is "we don't believe you," or "we think your perceptions and conclusions are invalid."

Long ago our human (not yet conjoined with Orang) was once at a party in Berkeley, and someone who was also a psychotherapist started a conversation with him.

She asked : "Do you think could be in denial about that ?" in response to my human saying something about he was not looking for an intimate relationship at this time of his life, that he was quite happy living alone, and felt quite at peace without an incarnation of the Divine Female in his bed and thoughts.

My human replied : "I'm so far in de-Nile, that people think I'm Egyptian."

Now, why would she walk away so abruptly, after our human said that ?

In retrospect, now, we think her paranoia was in some strange state like a bubbly froth produced by ultrasonic cavitation in some weird solution you wouldn't want to drink.

Sleep well, and may all your cravings be fulfilled, your silences not punctuated by sounds of bombs or weapons.

best, ~o:37;

Grenade launchers and home made explosives have been using in Chiang Mai over the last few weeks.

Why is it paranoid to assume a loud bang might be another one?

Hopefully they'll only be throwing water around for the next few days.

We believe you ! And it does not seem like paranoia to us to consider that, at this time of "national violent psychodrama," something other than firecrackers could be going off here in the Chiang Mai we all know, and oscillate between agony and rapture in :)

For some reason, it has been very quiet this Songkraan, so far, in our neighborhood (not far from the Gymkhana Club) in terms of firecrackers. We are thankful: our Divine Cat Master was traumatized for days in last year's Loy Khratong: we think he got a firecracker thrown at him, or one exploded near him. He's out of PTSD now, however, but we are worried he may have flashbacks.

In our humble opinions, we believe that a degree of paranoia, particularly about one's own motives, is actually required for mental health. It is unfortunate, we feel, that the word "paranoid" is used as a "binary" description: you are paranoid ... or, not : we'd like to see this kind of dialogue take place more often :

Seems ridiculous that anyone has to ever deny "being paranoid." Or that we call someone "paranoid" when what we really mean is "we don't believe you," or "we think your perceptions and conclusions are invalid."

Long ago our human (not yet conjoined with Orang) was once at a party in Berkeley, and someone who was also a psychotherapist started a conversation with him.

She asked : "Do you think could be in denial about that ?" in response to my human saying something about he was not looking for an intimate relationship at this time of his life, that he was quite happy living alone, and felt quite at peace without an incarnation of the Divine Female in his bed and thoughts.

In retrospect, now, we think her paranoia was in some strange state like a bubbly froth produced by ultrasonic cavitation in some weird solution you wouldn't want to drink.

Sleep well, and may all your cravings be fulfilled, your silences not punctuated by sounds of bombs or weapons.

Where can I get what you are currently on?

Where can I get what you are currently on?

Can I have some too?

So, just wondering...sounds like you heard this on an actual news report...is their more information anyone?

And by the way, lest you think I am either drunk or paranoid, I don't drink, and I allowed my 19 son to go songkranning the whole day. I do know that so far anything that has happened here in Chiang Mai has been very late at night, seemingly so that folks will not get injured or killed. Still, I like to know what is actually happening. There is always the possibility that angry non reds will try to revenge or retaliate.

I think the trick is an Absynthe/SangSom/Lipo mix, taken with JUST the right amount of Xanax; take too much and you lose out on the paranoia-vector.

Sawasdee Khrup, Esteemed Khuns Hanuman1, GaryH, and Winnie The Khwai,

We have said this before, but will say it again : Orang37's human meat-package consumes no drugs, and no alcohol, and doesn't smoke anything. and, whether the Orang component now commingled with the human's being would like some of whatever herbs they used in Kalimantan to get high, he cannot control what the human eats which is mainly soy-milk. Now, if you consider caffeine a drug, yes we are caffeine junkies.

Anything we think or say comes from the same creativity, and levels of consciousness, found in your good selves. My human component has been writing poems and stories for 55 years (he started spontaneously doing this age at 11). Of course we leave room for a universe where you can think what we might say is drivel, drool, and random ravings.

If you consider "running off at the mouth" a drug : yes, we are probably hard-core addicts.

May you find all you need in the dreams you are living.

So, just wondering...sounds like you heard this on an actual news report...is their more information anyone?

And by the way, lest you think I am either drunk or paranoid, I don't drink, and I allowed my 19 son to go songkranning the whole day. I do know that so far anything that has happened here in Chiang Mai has been very late at night, seemingly so that folks will not get injured or killed. Still, I like to know what is actually happening. There is always the possibility that angry non reds will try to revenge or retaliate.

Ok just got this clarified it was a 'Plastic' Pipe Bomb with a timer not PE.. I smelt pyrotechnic smoke immediateley afterward. As a previous poster mentioned the Phone box would not be standing if it was. Anyhow it was a hel_l of a bang and I had heard similar 'explosions' throughout the night about 2 weeks ago. Why they were not reported in the media I do not know, maybe no damage caused and away from the 'tourist area'? There was (is) a low level campaign to cause alarm but not injury by the use of these devices although if someone is close enough they could kill.