Bombs Going Off

FarangCravings

Indeed it is Songkran if anyone isn't aware. :) Heard them starting last night in Hang Dong area as I do most years at this time.

Didnt sound like fireworks to me or the missus

They're fireworks. Can hear them now and see them in Hang Dong - guess without the visual cues paranoia comes into play. :D

Indeed it is Songkran if anyone isn't aware. :) Heard them starting last night in Hang Dong area as I do most years at this time.

Didnt sound like fireworks to me or the missus

They're fireworks. Can hear them now and see them in Hang Dong - guess without the visual cues paranoia comes into play. :D

I hate suffering from paranoia, I even stopped going to watch rugby because I thought they were talking about me in the scrum.

Yeah the bombs are probably just that, fireworks.

You all sound like it could not happen

I was 200ft away when the bomb that went off near mandalay a few weeks ago sitting in Blue Sky havin a beer

It not like its impossible guys and I am certainly not paranoid either

The reason it can't happen here (at least not right now) is that anyone with any inclination to fight is currently in Bangkok. Do you think they'd be sitting around here now, given everything that's happened over the past few days? Bangkok, as usual, is where all the interesting stuff goes on. New thread on that subject, anyone?

I was 200ft away when the bomb that went off near mandalay a few weeks ago sitting in Blue Sky havin a beer

I heard what you heard last night and had the same thought... after midnight, almost 12;30....did NOT sound like regular fireworks to me, either....

Got to say from Chiang Mai Land it didnt sound too much like fireworks, especially the smaller 'pops'

Iain

Yes...there was just something in the sound that was not right....to similar...same sound over and over...if anyone has more and reliable info, please post. been here for over a decade and definately know what fireworks sound like...this was not the same

I agree the loud explosions sounded like big fireworks, but the smaller noises in bursts of 2 to 3 sounded like gun fire.

yes, iain, that is what i thought at the time...not bombs...gunfire. and I have heard that before...in the 80's got caught in the middle of a fire fight between New Peoples Army and soldiers...at night. Thought at first it was fireworks, being new to asian fireworks at the time. soon learned the difference in the sounds....

I've just been looking at the internet and "apparantly" it is customary today to let off firecrackers at dawn, but then its supposed to be customary to sprinkle scented water at Songkran.....so no surprise that rockets replace firecrackers really

Already been established that it was not a bomb, but a "thunderflash"

I've just been looking at the internet and "apparantly" it is customary today to let off firecrackers at dawn, but then its supposed to be customary to sprinkle scented water at Songkran.....so no surprise that rockets replace firecrackers really

this was not at dawn...look at the time of the OP...it was after midnight last night

this was not at dawn...look at the time of the OP...it was after midnight last night

I posted within a few minutes of the 3 explosions I have lived here for almost 4 years and know what fireworks sound like and I dont think they were firecrackers it sounded like it was far away but still I could tell they were big loud explosions glad some others heard them too as I was starting to beleive I am hearing things. I never heard any small pops or any other sounds after the 3 big bangs

Already been established that it was not a bomb, but a "thunderflash"

Whatever

all I know is, I was sitting not far away from it and it sounded and felt like a bomb when it went off all I know is if that aint a bomb I dont wanna ever experinence anything bigger than that.