All Uk Airports Closed 15 April

Dah fahrang

An Icelandic volcano erupted yesterday, and the cloud of volcanic ash has spread across UK and Scandinavia.

ALL airports in the UK are affected, with most completely closed, and flights cancelled.

If you are due to travel to UK today Thursday and tomorrow Friday - as flights cannot depart any UK airport to fly to Thailand check with your airline.

Disruption to schedules is severe.

I'nm due to fly to Manchester on Monday - hopingf for a change in wind direction in the next 24 hours!

All UK on-line newspapers care carrying the story.

Wow, looks bad.

My local UK airport website shows ALL further flights cancelled for today, and only the first two got away this morning.

I remember hearing how the ash can lead to engine failure on aircraft as in KLM flight 867 in 1989, and a BA flight a few years previously.

Anybody know how long this might last?

A bit of a b*gger. Due to fly out to Birmingham via Frankfurt tomorrow night. Looking decidedly unlikely I can make it past Frankfurt unless the wind changes. I suppose we'll find out more tomorrow.

And to think that my main concern was a BKK closure because of red shirt activity! Ah well, live in hope.

DM :)