What If You Get A Thai Girl Pregnant?

BigA

Very few Thai girls of her standing would ever consider abortion and even fewer not regret it later. 

I've no idea of what "her standing" is but I do know that many Budhist Thai girls use abortion as a second line of birth control.

Last week I met a girl who claimed that she had become pregnant by a Brit (she gets pregnant most years), she already has three mixed race children who are cared for by relatives, my friend was asked to pay for the abortion as the natural claimed-to-be "father" denied any responsibility. It is quite normal in her circle of friends but she may not be of the same "standing" as the people you know.

Guest IT Manager
I take it you disagree with something I said?

to the extent of calling me a dick?

Does Pillock mean "dick". Cool.

Big A is a pillock as well as a curmudgeon and a cad.

Time he was off to the public schools for a few lessons in self control. :o

I've no idea of what "her standing"
Five years US education MA from middle class family per first post.
Last week I met a girl who claimed that she had become pregnant

Yes/maybe. I am sure that there are a lot of these claims and abortion payments made. I suspect this money would have gone to sister to take care of another if true. You seem to be giving a good example (three live children) that most do not abort.

It is quite normal in her circle of friends but she may not be of the same "standing" as the people you know.

With 3 foreign children and perhaps a 4th on the way probably not. But I still believe she will have the child if given the chance no mater what standing. Only that those with a higher standing have more options available so it is an easier choice. It is a real hardship for someone whose looks/body is key to their survival to have a child. But most will. And I respect them for it.

I don't know if this would work here in the states you could do a prenep and marry her and save face for her and protect yourself form her and the family.

That said there are enough unwanted children in this country that no one takes responsibilty for. You were man enough to get in her pants, now be man enough to to pay the frieght.

The only thing I would disagree with here, is if you can't look beyond yourself in this situation, then do the kid a favor and stay out of it's life. Take the financial responsibilty.

Based on what you have written you seem to be sure it is your child?

Obviously you didn't use birth control with this woman, did you at least bother to discuss it with her at any point. Did you go outside the realtionship and not use a condom and then have unprotected sex with her. Man if you did, do you have any concept of what you could do to her. You decide to be stupid and if you are the only one who pays the price that is one thing, but endangering someone else, I'm sorry that one goes way beyond my understanding.

At some point you must have cared about this person, why in the world would you want to endanger her life. I truly hope you didn't if you did it may take years to find out what has really happened here.

You my friend need to start thinking beyond your own satisfaction, grow up this is a real world your functioning here.