Rival Thai 'Yellows' Discuss Moves As 'Reds' Rally On

webfact

I thought the protestors were all "poor farmers". They wouldn't have enough money to bring down the Bangkok Bank would they?

And I guess that when there isn't a run on the bank next week the whole myth of the reds being supported by most of the country will be well and truly exploded.

If only 100,000 Reds hardcore supporters will truly withdraw their money from BBL, say everyone have an average 100,000 baht in the bank then BBL will dip 10 billion baht; that is peanuts...

And if there's a proper run on the bank, the bank (having been notice, isn't that nice) will load up on its stock of ฿20 notes, and count them out individually because the counting machines will be broken. Whoever doesn't get their money by closing time will have to wait till the next day...and the next...and the next. That technique saved a fair few banks during the American Great Recession.

And ฿10 billion? How many tens of billions has the central bank used to keep the baht strong? As someone said, peanuts, no problems.

So, let's say there's a thousand Red Shirts out there in the protest venue, each having say, ฿10,000 in 20s in their (very) bulging pocket. Will they stay awake all night to make sure nobody takes it while they're asleep? Because they won't have time to go to another bank and deposit it. It should be very interesting in the next few days.

Bail money for next week?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You got that right !!! My Isan farm boys are some tough dudes ,, real men used to hardship and staying power. I would love to have video of some of these spoiled rotten , pampered elitist teenagers going against them.

Any of you yellows have some thoughts of a fight ? I suggest you stop by the rally site and quietly walk among the crowd and see what you are up against.

You will see many ex military types, ( as black shirt guards ) and some very tough fanatical, committed people some of whom are ready to die for this protest.

The elites had their way with the country and brought it to its knees last time and imposed their minority will on the country. Now its our time and our right to express our opinion,, and if they try to get in our way all I can say is:

LET THE MAYHEM BEGIN !!! Its payback time.

Congratulations, I think this is the stupidest post I've seen on ThaiVisa

But you must admit there's a lot of competition. :)

Oh am sure this isn't in the running but gets a dishonorable mention.

As bad as this is we have had some corkers that defied all redemption of comprehension.

Permanent_Disorder / HagonVonTronje has him beat for idiocy and length.

Not to mention several Hiku quoting troglodytes long banned and semi-forgotten.

Edited by animatic

There may be another way. Suppose the Army suits up, M-16s at the ready, and confronts the Yellow Shirts and loudspeakers them to disperse...and they do disperse, peaceably.

Then they turn around and go to the Red Shirts and say, OK, the Yellow Shirts demonstrated illegally, we told them to disperse, and they did.

Now you disperse, or we will take immediate action, using all available weapons.

And if there's a proper run on the bank, the bank (having been notice, isn't that nice) will load up on its stock of ฿20 notes, and count them out individually because the counting machines will be broken. Whoever doesn't get their money by closing time will have to wait till the next day...and the next...and the next. That technique saved a fair few banks during the American Great Recession.

And ฿10 billion? How many tens of billions has the central bank used to keep the baht strong? As someone said, peanuts, no problems.

So, let's say there's a thousand Red Shirts out there in the protest venue, each having say, ฿10,000 in 20s in their (very) bulging pocket. Will they stay awake all night to make sure nobody takes it while they're asleep? Because they won't have time to go to another bank and deposit it. It should be very interesting in the next few days.

Your second excellent idea of the day, both very Thai style. Assuming the banks were open 8 hours a day, it would take 69 years to dispense the money if they counted slowly.

"Oh, sorry, we have only one teller today, the others got stuck in the red jam"

"No que ticket, sorry you must go the the back of the line at Sukhumvit 31"

there is no sense of responsibilities within the red and yellow leadership. It's never taught in school either. It's still the hierarchical thing at all ends wit no care for common folks. The situation develops as predicted. The leaders from both sides, as well as coup leaders and most of all Thaksin try to sneak out of punishments for very serious crimes committed.

Conclusion:

The elite faces some addition and changes and the average and poor will suffer more.

Fortunately the airspace is closed over Europe. No easy escape for those who want to. :)

You will see many ex military types, ( as black shirt guards ) and some very tough fanatical, committed people some of whom are ready to die for this protest.

The elites had their way with the country and brought it to its knees last time and imposed their minority will on the country. Now its our time and our right to express our opinion,, and if they try to get in our way all I can say is:

If you are so gung-ho about mayhem, why don't you log off and get in the front lines? :)

Only a complete idiot would hope that this turns violent.

Amazing how some people not only advocate but seem to relish in violence and talking up the violent abilities of one group versus another. I wonder if these people are actually in Thailand or why they are bitter enough to want to see more people get hurt which of course wont involve them from behind the keyboard and beer glasses and their fantasy existances.

If you are so gung-ho about mayhem, why don't you log off and get in the front lines? :)

Only a complete idiot would hope that this turns violent.

Idiot? You flatter him I think.

That's vertebrate, and be careful because gigiman has "farm boys" working for him. Come to think of it, isn't this precisely the sort of condescension that they Reds are protesting about? You know, being treated like children? I'll have to ask my pukka wallah.

LOL, that missing "t" made me loose my whole face, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. :) By the way, do you mean to ask your punka wallah?

Careful now, or I'll send my "farm boys" over to sort you out!

Yours,

Eugene Terreblanche

Just using that name to sign off shows how stupid and ignorant you really are

Not really Lew, it shows how condescending someone would need to be to call those working for him his "farm boys" and to casually do so whilst advocating violence for a cause which, if its rhetoric is to be believed, is aimed at eliminating the very condescension that the use of the term illustrates.

There may be another way. Suppose the Army suits up, M-16s at the ready, and confronts the Yellow Shirts and loudspeakers them to disperse...and they do disperse, peaceably.

Then they turn around and go to the Red Shirts and say, OK, the Yellow Shirts demonstrated illegally, we told them to disperse, and they did.

Now you disperse, or we will take immediate action, using all available weapons.

Your second excellent idea of the day, both very Thai style. Assuming the banks were open 8 hours a day, it would take 69 years to dispense the money if they counted slowly.

"Oh, sorry, we have only one teller today, the others got stuck in the red jam"

"No que ticket, sorry you must go the the back of the line at Sukhumvit 31"

don't anybody use ATM anymore? :)

I wish we had a simulator that would show the present situation without Takki redistributing a bit of his loot. We'd most probably be talking about the Icelandic cloud and its effect on bargirls (or such).

Unfortunately we don't, and to get back on topic, I believe the govt. must disperse the redshirts before the pinks and yellows see red. Cause it doesn't matter who'll win those battles, as the whole lot will lose. Big time.

This said, sometimes one could get the impression that certain groups want Thailand to be catapulted further back rather than into the future.

Amazing how some people not only advocate but seem to relish in violence and talking up the violent abilities of one group versus another. I wonder if these people are actually in Thailand or why they are bitter enough to want to see more people get hurt which of course wont involve them from behind the keyboard and beer glasses and their fantasy existances.

Yep, it's actually very depressing.

I wish we had a simulator that would show the present situation without Takki redistributing a bit of his loot. We'd most probably be talking about the Icelandic cloud and its effect on bargirls (or such).

Unfortunately we don't, and to get back on topic, I believe the govt. must disperse the redshirts before the pinks and yellows see red. Cause it doesn't matter who'll win those battles, as the whole lot will lose. Big time.

This said, sometimes one could get the impression that certain groups want Thailand to be catapulted further back rather than into the future.

The way some the the Red Spruikers talk that would be "Year Zero".

if the yellows are so against corruption as they say they are, why are they not demonstrating against the dems with the two recent rulings of corruption by the EC? Maybe because they played a part in putting them in power and one of their top brass being foreign minister.

Hypocrites of the highest order.

Probably more of a Western mentality. In truth, none of the Thai's in any of the factions harbor such bitterness or anger. Not Thai style.

What's almost as depressing is the attempt to paint us a haters of the rural population.

Edited by humfurry

What'a almost as depressing is the attempt to paint us a haters of the rural population.

Yep, particularly since it's done by those who by their very use of language ("farm boys") points to a contempt for those they pretend to champion.

If there is a physical clash, the Reds will win, provided the army stays out of it. the Reds are tough folks. The men are real men, not delicate city dwellers that are not used to physical hardship. The Reds are not the ones that will need to put on the whitening cremes, scents and body lotions before the go into battle. I'm sure if there is some girl on girl 'rassling action the redshirts will win. :)

You got that right !!! My Isan farm boys are some tough dudes ,, real men used to hardship and staying power. I would love to have video of some of these spoiled rotten , pampered elitist teenagers going against them.

Any of you yellows have some thoughts of a fight ? I suggest you stop by the rally site and quietly walk among the crowd and see what you are up against.

Reading only this single "gigiman" post, one knows already that at least one mentally ill farang stays in Thailand.

I think your family isn't too proud of you or you just a coward and don't use this kind of language in your own country?

Yeah, the way "gigiman" says "my farm boys" reads disturbingly like Boer farmer from the 1960's. "My farm boys" ..... Sure sounds like someone of democratic inclination. "My farm boys"..... I assume he's talking of grown men, but they're his "farm boys". Sounds like a very condescending attitude to me but I could be wrong so I'd better ask my pukka wallah...."boy, boy come here...."

True Democrat? :D

What's almost as depressing is the attempt to paint us a haters of the rural population.

Yep, particularly since it's done by those who by their very use of language ("farm boys") points to a contempt for those they pretend to champion.

Certainly the you tube link he posted suggest that he dislikes anything that well "isn't like he is". Machismo run amuk.

Indeed, what amazes me is the following falang-redshit logic here on TV

Annoyed by disruption = against red = pro yellow = against the rural poor = against democracy etc. ad nausea.

So, in other words, the fact that it annoys you that you're losing money and being prevented from living a normal life makes you a political activist with intentions to oppress the poor poor (who in return love Takki the emperor, but let's cut that out for now) in a hypocrite, dictatorship like fashion.

You oppressing bastard! :)

if the yellows are so against corruption as they say they are, why are they not demonstrating against the dems with the two recent rulings of corruption by the EC? Maybe because they played a part in putting them in power and one of their top brass being foreign minister.

Maybe it's because the EC ruling is only a recommendation to the Constitution Court to make a ruling. The Democrats have a right to defend the case first and only then will the Constitution Court make a decision. The Democrats may well win because the contribution was made in between the 1997 constitution and the 2007 constitution and thus was not illegal, or so the argument goes

Edited by rabo

Maybe it's because the EC ruling is only a recommendation to the Constitution Court to make a ruling. The Democrats have a right to defend the case first and only then will the Constitution Court make a decision. The Democrats may well win because the contribution was made in between the 1997 constitution and the 2007 constitution and thus was not illegal.

Don't confuse him with facts, he's made up his mind.

There are an awful amount of mentally sick Farangs in Thailand. Maybe they should seriously think about going back to their respective countries or are the Mental hospitals full in their home countries?

Violence won't help or solve real issues and problems facing the thai people. Weither its the reds or yellows protesting the real problems don't seem to ever really get addressed. Should we have a violent stand off between the 2 fractions, nothing good can come from it. I see neither side being able to negotiate on anything or willing to find a middle ground to lay down a do able framework. Oh well.I guess well see what happens over the upcoming days and weeks.

There are an awful amount of mentally sick Farangs in Thailand. Maybe they should seriously think about going back to their respective countries or are the Mental hospitals full in their home countries?

Due to cut costs during the recent world wide recession, the US and The EU decided to send them all to Thailand.

Edited by humfurry

What an insightful and valuable addition to the subject. I, for one, am in awe.

What an insightful and valuable addition to the subject. I, for one, am in awe.

Thats correct you are the first that should be deported.

Indeed, what amazes me is the following falang-redshit logic here on TV

Annoyed by disruption = against red = pro yellow = against the rural poor = against democracy etc. ad nausea.

So, in other words, the fact that it annoys you that you're losing money and being prevented from living a normal life makes you a political activist with intentions to oppress the poor poor (who in return love Takki the emperor, but let's cut that out for now) in a hypocrite, dictatorship like fashion.

You oppressing bastard! :)

If you mouthed off against the Yellow Shirt mob closing down the airport you were denounced as Thaksin accolyte.

I you mouth off against the Red mob's tactics and their predilection for short cuts backed by violent ultimatums you're denounced as a supporter of upper echelon suppression of the aspirations of the poor.

If there is a physical clash, the Reds will win, provided the army stays out of it. the Reds are tough folks. The men are real men, not delicate city dwellers that are not used to physical hardship. The Reds are not the ones that will need to put on the whitening cremes, scents and body lotions before the go into battle. I'm sure if there is some girl on girl 'rassling action the redshirts will win. :)

Wrong,this time.

The kid-gloves are off.

The yellow's I would say ,the sot so silent mayority has reared its ugly head.

The money,the aristocrats,autocratss,the clerics are fed-up by beeing disturbed by ANYBODY on the street.

Let them pissfully demonstrate,l

let them make their point,

let them send their negotiators to the roundtable,

let them use LEGAL means.

Dont let them use Riff

Raffs,would be Rambos to prove their might.

Democrazy or not,its not acceptable to cause such turmoil and aggrevation in the strrets.

The perpetrators should be apprehendet and charged for disturbing the peace.

If they declere war,let them do it in written.

If they threat to burn bangkok down,then lets go to their villages und burn them down.

or exersise Sippenhaft.

The parents are in Cahoot with their sons and daughters, put them in reeducation camps.

Obama would have called the National Guard and it would have been over in 5 days from the beginning.

Beiing colored he is beyond critisism,or else you or I are than branded Racist,simple as that.

I tell YouI am no racist,I just dont like...

Taksin is racist,he is Liu chinese from Chiang Mai.

If you follow his career from schooling onward,you will be surprised at the sorry facts,that he was supported by some higher -up poeple.

just see his father,brothers,stepbrothers,all career soldiers.

T.Came from a poor family, and now this family/clan is among the richest in thailand.

I ask you ,where did all that money come from??

Puff the magic dragon,down by the beach ??

What is dimly spoken only reflects the confused, dimwit mind of yours. Keep to your beers, please!