Yes Amex are the easiest card options for expats. And then KBANK and KTC. First you guys have to build some credit history with amex, say around 6 months, and then re-apply at KBank and KTC. Most likely that you'll be approved to either of them. This is what I did and now I hold Amex, Kbank and KTC credit cards.

On the other hand, all other banks will reject your application no matter what you earn, how long you are here etc and how good is your credit history. I've built a good credit history with all above three credit cards but still got rejected with other banks. I know there are some expats who got credit cards from other banks, but it's only once in a blue moon that 1 in a million expat gets a credit card out of them.

So in my humble opinions, expats shouldn't bother applying cards with any other banks other than Amex, Kbank and KTC.

Yes Amex are the easiest card options for expats. And then KBANK and KTC. First you guys have to build some credit history with amex, say around 6 months, and then re-apply at KBank and KTC. Most likely that you'll be approved to either of them. This is what I did and now I hold Amex, Kbank and KTC credit cards.

On the other hand, all other banks will reject your application no matter what you earn, how long you are here etc and how good is your credit history. I've built a good credit history with all above three credit cards but still got rejected with other banks. I know there are some expats who got credit cards from other banks, but it's only once in a blue moon that 1 in a million expat gets a credit card out of them.

So in my humble opinions, expats shouldn't bother applying cards with any other banks other than Amex, Kbank and KTC.

I totally agree with you and i'm gonna follow ur footsteps :) .

Edited by Blackberry9700

I make 50k/month and have been living in thailand for the past 24 years. Provided the banks with the following documents:

- Work permit copy with the same company for more than 3 years

-Passport copy

-Letter from my company stating my salary and number of years i have worked for the company

- Copy of my bank book(saving account)at TMB bank where my salary gets wired in.

- Pay slip for the past 2 months

Updated Results as of 6th May 2010

I applied for a Credit Card at the following banks:

-TMB - Rejected

-SCB - Rejected (Received a SMS 3 days from the app submission date)

-Bank of Ayudhya - Rejected

-AMEX - Waiting for the messenger to deliver the Card , most probably today(6 May 2010)

-KTC - A staff from the bank called me yesterday(27/4/2010) on my cell phone number to verify the information provided to the bank and said that I will know the results in 2 weeks time. - Rejected

-Kasikorn - Still waiting for the call. - Guess Rejected too

I don't know how it works in Thailand but i had no problem getting credit cards from both SCB or Citibank in Thailand. I am only living here for 2 years now and i do own my company less than a year. Both banks issued me credit cards with good limits, in fact scb upgraded my platinum card with beyond platinum also waived the yearly fee of 5000 baht.

All i provided was the company registration, vat and tax papers, my work permit , passport , oh and how much i make "since i am the owner of the company they did not ask for any statement".

So based on my experience it is not impossible to get cc. cards from certain banks but its important what information you give to them.

I don't know how it works in Thailand but i had no problem getting credit cards from both SCB or Citibank in Thailand. I am only living here for 2 years now and i do own my company less than a year. Both banks issued me credit cards with good limits, in fact scb upgraded my platinum card with beyond platinum also waived the yearly fee of 5000 baht.

All i provided was the company registration, vat and tax papers, my work permit , passport , oh and how much i make "since i am the owner of the company they did not ask for any statement".

So based on my experience it is not impossible to get cc. cards from certain banks but its important what information you give to them.

I will most probably apply at Standard Chartered next month once I get my work permit and visa renewed. I dont mind paying a yearly fee until or unless they are happy with issuing me a credit card.

Edited by Blackberry9700

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (dandun @ 2010-05-06 13:08:57) I don't know how it works in Thailand but i had no problem getting credit cards from both SCB or Citibank in Thailand. I am only living here for 2 years now and i do own my company less than a year. Both banks issued me credit cards with good limits, in fact scb upgraded my platinum card with beyond platinum also waived the yearly fee of 5000 baht.

I will most probably apply at Standard Chartered next month once I get my work permit and visa renewed. I dont mind paying a yearly fee until or unless they are happy with issuing me a credit card.

Re-applied at KTC , got the KTC Platinum Visa Card with 50,000 credit limit on 14th June 2010.