Notification Of Address Every 90 Days

i have a work permit i work in bangkok and i have to notify immigration of my address every 90 days , where do i go , cos i went to rasa tower (immigration) to do it and they sent me somewhere else , where is immigration , they change every month. please help

The office at Rasa Tower closed in January and relocated to Chamchuree Square. Services at Chamchuree Square are now only available for use by BOI employees, otherwise you will need to use immigration HQ at Chaeng Wattana for 90 day reporting - see your other post for location details. Are you aware that you can mail in your 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana if you need to use that facility?

I have never done this in the 18 or 19 years I have been living and working here. A company that will remain unnamed handles my yearly visa and wp renewal and has never advised me to do that. One would think that if this were a big issue it would come up at renewal time? At any rate, what is the punishment/fine for failure to do so?

Edited by qualtrough

It is the law to report your address to immigration if stay in the Kingdom exceeds 90 days, but has only been enforced in recent times. The maximum fine detailed under the Immigration Act is "a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with."

The fine for failing to report is currently being applied at 2,000 baht for voluntary declaration, and 4,000 baht if arrested.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Normal fine is 2,000 baht if you come forward or up to 5,000 baht if found out.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Normal fine is 2,000 baht if you come forward or up to 5,000 baht if found out.
Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Thanks! Is that for each failure, or just the one time 2,000-5,000 baht fine? Not really worth complying if the former, since going down there 4 times per year would cost far more than 5,000 Baht in lost time, etc. Seems to me enforcement must be really hit and miss, because I have never had immigration mention that to me on renewal ever, and I don't recall any friends having a problem with that. Favor last words...

Applying by post

•Photocopy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp or latest visa stamp)

- the personal info and photo page

- the original visa page (or the page showing the original visa from any previous passport)

- the page showing the most recent visa extension approval

- the page showing the stamp of the most recent entry into Thailand

- the current re-entry permit page, if you already have a valid re-entry permit

•Photocopy of departure card (front and back)

•Original previous 90 days slip (but keep a copy at home.)

•Form TM 47

•SAE B10 stamp affixed

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail/EMS

It is the law to report your address to immigration if stay in the Kingdom exceeds 90 days, but has only been enforced in recent times. The maximum fine detailed under the Immigration Act is "a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with."

The fine for failing to report is currently being applied at 2,000 baht for voluntary declaration, and 4,000 baht if arrested.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

So does this mean that let's say in a case of someone not reporting for 20 years will get a fine of 5.000 Baht plus an additional fine of 1.460.000 right? thanks :)