:o I have a U.S. passport and would like to get a visa from the U.S. -- such that I don't have to leave the country every 30 days.

I am told I can apply for a tourist visa that is good for 60 days. (maybe). How do I apply for a multuple entry visa if I am not working or retiring?

Thank you in advance for info and advice.

D:

You can contact the Thai consulate in Los Angeles at (323) 962-9574 through 9577. They are available by phone from 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. Monday through Friday PST. The address is 611 Larchmont Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90004-1321. Mail them your passport with a Visa application and a photo. You can download an application from their website (http://www.thai-la.net). It will cost you $ 25 USD per entry and you can request a 90 day tourist Visa. It's best to mail it FedEx or some other provider such as this because you have accountability. You will need to include return postage. The processing time is approximately 10 business days. I'm sure there are other Thai consulates in the USA but this is the one I'm aware of. How do I know this? I dropped my passport in the mail two days ago with $75 USD and one photo. Good luck. A phone call is well worth the time. They are prompt, efficient and courteous. Wait time was less than one minute.

• 2 weeks later...