Older Men, Younger Women

rrose070

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter anyway, the girl in the photo clearly looks older than 15 and he did say the mother approved.

(Assuming the girl was 'not his own wife' in which case age 13 would be OK)

So therefore well within Thai law no matter what was going on.

Despite what the judgemental self righteous would want, not your country, not your place to judge.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I have overheard tourists in Thailand referring to men walking with their daughters as "child molesters" a number of times. You can be sure that they go back home and tell everyone they know. Some people need to get their sick delusions under control (am not alluding to anyone on this thread).

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well B.B., you post a pic of your kid dressed like a "freelancer" and then make those allusions what do you expect. Good fun?

That's a bit untidy mate.

You're speaking about a bloke's young daughter there.

I think an apology is warranted.

Regards

Will

Well B.B., you post a pic of your kid dressed like a "freelancer" and then make those allusions what do you expect. Good fun?

What do you mean by "freelancer"?

The original pic was taken at Dara Academy after a school concert in November, 2004 as was this one. My daughter and her school friends were 13 years old at the time. The concert was organised and correographed by the teachers.

And Eek, yes she has caused the aging process to accelerate somewhat. I was only 24 at the time the pic was taken. :)

Back home, I would occassionaly take my son's gf out to dinner. She dressed in a short skirt and platforms. You can only imagine the looks I would get mainly from women my own age. People will always assume the worst.

Try to respect your elders. Age has nothing to do with a person's morality.

I have some understanding of BB's situation, and also how quick people are to criticize.

But for me there was one more insidious aspect to the simple act of walking round the local shops with my daughter, and that was the amount of men my own age that would be looking at a 15 year old girl with something more than a passing interest. It used to, and still does, make me extremely angry to the point that sometimes in summer, I would rather she went off by myself than have Dad in tow (while being seen with Dad in public is still not teenage a faux pas).

Its comments like the "freelancer" title that annoy me, it says more than about the author than the girl. Do you think that about every young girl? Is 12 years of age ok to call a freelancer, or just 15? I wonder if someone thinks the same of your daughter/neice/cousin/sister?

simmer down boys and girls, the comment (freelancer) was my opinion of the fashion, clothing style, actually the look more like "deg cheer bea" if morgan was a new brand. Hard to judge age from photos on the small screen. That fact that the outfit was chosen by the school is amusing. Only thing missing is the hoop earings.

I have overheard tourists in Thailand referring to men walking with their daughters as "child molesters" a number of times. You can be sure that they go back home and tell everyone they know. Some people need to get their sick delusions under control (am not alluding to anyone on this thread).

Exactly my point, Ulysses. The press in other countries tries to set Thailand up as some sort of perverted nation of paedophiles. I hear it all the time in Canada. The truth of the matter is sexual abuse no less common in our own western world. The ignorant people read this crap and naturally make false assumptions about what really goes on in Thailand. Sometimes I feel like posting pictures of parents in Canada with their sons and daughters and make the same false assumptions.

On a Canadian fishing forum I posted this picture of some of my Thai friends innocent daughters just after their highschool graduation. I won't go into all the details, but some idiots started talking about prostitution in Thailand and the whole thread got closed. The original topic was on schooling in Canada but it went sideways when I posted a picture of the Thailand kids. It shows just how ignorant some westerners are... and the western press can be held directly responsible. These girls are so straight they wouldn't be seen alone with a foreigner for fear they might be confused as bar girls.

Bier_group_4.jpg

simmer down boys and girls, the comment (freelancer) was my opinion of the fashion, clothing style, actually the look more like "deg cheer bea" if morgan was a new brand. Hard to judge age from photos on the small screen. That fact that the outfit was chosen by the school is amusing. Only thing missing is the hoop earings.

daoyai, I'm still confused about your non-specific use of the word "freelancer". Could you please tell me what you are referring to? Is it a freelance photographer? A freelance journalist? Perhaps a freelance graphic designer? Well my daughter is still at school and none of these. Please enlighten us.

daoyai, I'm still confused about your non-specific use of the word "freelancer". Could you please tell me what you are referring to? Is it a freelance photographer? A freelance journalist? Perhaps a freelance graphic designer? Well my daughter is still at school and none of these. Please enlighten us.

I got it the first time, and I'm sure you're just being rhetorical.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

We regret we were immersed in a technical book whilst in Laos, and missed reading this fascinating pot-pourri of opinions, cowboy songs: this absorbing meander through lechery to love and back, through the influence of money, power, and gender, on what brings (and maybe keeps ?) people together (for a while ?) ... as it evolved.

What can this old-meat-bag-human-mixed-up-with-orang possibly add to the spectrum of issues addressed here ?

Well, we can say we enjoyed Khun CMX's post : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Older-Men-Yo...30#entry3525530 very much, but, ioho, there were other heights "attained" by our thoughtful, and intelligent, so fully-erect members; and other troughs "snuffled in" by the usual oinkers.

True story (we know the man described here). A disabled man (hereditary, something like ALS), in wheelchair, but still with strong upper body, came here, met a Thai woman, "fell in love," took her to Holland. The day they were married in Holland she told him she would never have sex or sleep in the same bed with him again.

They are divorced now, and she's married another younger, non-disabled, Dutch man. Is it to our friend's "spiritual credit" that he did not try and have her deported for "fraud" (as, we understand it, you could do in America) ? Well, that's between him and him to work out. Did he suffer ? Yes. Is he bitter ? Yes. Will he ever come back to Thailand ? No.

With voluntary associations across gaps of education, gender, power, income, age : what's not to like or love ? That these tend to be "skewed" towards older males controlling, mating with, younger women: is just something on the regular menu for the human condition ? And somewhere on that menu, between just appetizers, and just desserts: are there entrees for older men with wealth and power creating "harems," or being "serial young-women bangers," and the same for females, the same for straight and gay, also ? We think so: it's a hel_l of a diverse menu :)

There is a semi-fictional essay we wrote a few years ago we'd love to publish on this thread : but we've asked TV multiple times for clarification of copyright, and whether or not the Nation has the right to reprint or quote anything we write here, and received no reply. PM me with a valid e-mail if you want a copy of the essay, and respect copyright.

Let me ask you one question : how do you think educated Thais feel about the fact that disabled men from all over the world come here to get laid ?

How would you feel if your home country, your home state, your home district, province, or county, or your neighborhood was a place famous for any male with money being able to have sex with younger men or women ?

And how would you feel if your "place" was also famous for massive export of women for forced prostitution, or prostitution under duress, to many countries in Europe, as well as Asia ?

best, ~o:37;

Actually I was just hitten the ball back to you in your game of nonspecific, semiambiguous inuendo, I believe you chose that photo specificly to support your humorous uh..... trolling. Welldone.

Personally, I don't think it's appropriate or wise for anyone to be posting pictures of their teenage daughters on forums like these. I understand that parents are proud of their children, but why would you want other men drooling over your daughter? Unless you're a newbie to TV, you will have seen the kind of comments that posters make about most of the pictures that are posted of younger women/girls (it hard to tell the difference sometimes).

how do you think educated Thais feel about the fact that disabled men from all over the world come here to get laid ?

How about proud of the service that their young ladies were providing for the disabled?

(and are the feelings of 200 people in any country significant?)

How would you feel if your home country, your home state, your home district, province, or county, or your neighborhood was a place famous for any male with money being able to have sex with younger men or women ?

You mean it isn't already like that!

Edited by sarahsbloke

I might ask my daughter's school to stop dressing 13-year-olds up like 'freelancers'. A start.

I might ask my daughter's school to stop dressing 13-year-olds up like 'freelancers'. A start.

While everyone is and should be allowed to have and express their opinions, it is also obvious that some people cannot properly handle the right/privledge

:)

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

We regret we were immersed in a technical book whilst in Laos, and missed reading this fascinating pot-pourri of opinions, cowboy songs: this absorbing meander through lechery to love and back, through the influence of money, power, and gender, on what brings (and maybe keeps ?) people together (for a while ?) ... as it evolved.

What can this old-meat-bag-human-mixed-up-with-orang possibly add to the spectrum of issues addressed here ?

Well, we can say we enjoyed Khun CMX's post : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Older-Men-Yo...30#entry3525530 very much, but, ioho, there were other heights "attained" by our thoughtful, and intelligent, so fully-erect members; and other troughs "snuffled in" by the usual oinkers.

True story (we know the man described here). A disabled man (hereditary, something like ALS), in wheelchair, but still with strong upper body, came here, met a Thai woman, "fell in love," took her to Holland. The day they were married in Holland she told him she would never have sex or sleep in the same bed with him again.

They are divorced now, and she's married another younger, non-disabled, Dutch man. Is it to our friend's "spiritual credit" that he did not try and have her deported for "fraud" (as, we understand it, you could do in America) ? Well, that's between him and him to work out. Did he suffer ? Yes. Is he bitter ? Yes. Will he ever come back to Thailand ? No.

With voluntary associations across gaps of education, gender, power, income, age : what's not to like or love ? That these tend to be "skewed" towards older males controlling, mating with, younger women: is just something on the regular menu for the human condition ? And somewhere on that menu, between just appetizers, and just desserts: are there entrees for older men with wealth and power creating "harems," or being "serial young-women bangers," and the same for females, the same for straight and gay, also ? We think so: it's a hel_l of a diverse menu :)

There is a semi-fictional essay we wrote a few years ago we'd love to publish on this thread : but we've asked TV multiple times for clarification of copyright, and whether or not the Nation has the right to reprint or quote anything we write here, and received no reply. PM me with a valid e-mail if you want a copy of the essay, and respect copyright.

Let me ask you one question : how do you think educated Thais feel about the fact that disabled men from all over the world come here to get laid ?

And how would you feel if your "place" was also famous for massive export of women for forced prostitution, or prostitution under duress, to many countries in Europe, as well as Asia ?

best, ~o:37;

Let me ask you a question Orang37.......

What have the educated Thais been doing to rectify situtation for the last 100 years?

the comment (freelancer) was my opinion of the fashion

I think he made a fair comment on the fashion, not good to dress a thirteen year old like that.

How is the way she's dressed so inappropriate? I see nothing wrong with her attire even at the age of 13.

With the mass hysteria in the west over paedophilia and Thailand's terrible image abroad, it's hardly surprising tourists would jump so quickly to such appalling conclusions. Very unfortunate that and a sign of the kind of brainwashed society we are living in.

With the mass hysteria in the west over paedophilia and Thailand's terrible image abroad, it's hardly surprising tourists would jump so quickly to such appalling conclusions. Very unfortunate that and a sign of the kind of brainwashed society we are living in.

And I don't think it helps when men on this forum have lengthy debates about whether the legal age of consent is really 15, 16, 17, or 18.

And I don't think it helps when men on this forum have lengthy debates about whether the legal age of consent is really 15, 16, 17, or 18.

Well at least those discussions show that the posters have a keen interest to stay within the law :)

Don't forget that the Thai society (from the top down) has been PUSHING young girls into being portrayed as mature women. Just look at the costumes and Thai dances. It is all based on a sensuous theme. It is only natural that young girls follow along with this way of thinking.

Thai_dancers_1.sized.jpg

Flower_girl_dancer.sized.jpg

And, it's not only in Thailand. I see western mothers dressing their little girls up in clothes more suitable for hookers. I think it's sad.

Blinky, I have teenage daughters and I would be wary of posting their pics on an open forum. I've advised my daughters to avoid posting personal pics anywhere. Sick horndogs around the world do all sorts of things with pics of pretty young girls. That (and more) is what I told my daughters. They were very uncomfortable having such conversation with their dad, but I needed them to feel the ickyness and it worked; they promptly removed all pics from their facebook pages.

Before we married, Mrs T was a front desk manager at a hotel. I once told her I could understand how in the face of great poverty, why girls would want to work the bar scene or marry "below" their physical status.

She harrumphed and introduced me to one of the hotel's chambermaids. This pretty 17+-year old helped her somtam-selling mom prepare food early every morning, then attended school and after school cleaned hotel rooms and made beds. When I met her, she was still in her school uniform just getting into work. Working at the hotel, this girl had had ample opportunity to latch on to any number of letchrous old tourist but was clear about her goals: finish school, go to uni, build a career, stand on own two feet, make her parents proud.

Mrs T is a proud, but practical woman. She went on to explain that any woman who says she didn't seriosuly consider the financial status of a potential marriage partner is either irrisponsible, flakey or lying—usually the latter. But (in her view) a sucessful relationship cannot stand on that pillar alone.

Do wide-gap (gaps of any sort) marriages work? Who truly knows what goes on behind closed doors? Who can see into the inscrutable mind of a Thai (any?) woman? Who can measure the human capacity for self-delusion or the huamn ability to 'love the one you're with' (if you can't be with the one you love)?

Most pertinent of all: why should any of us care?

Before we married, Mrs T was a front desk manager at a hotel. I once told her I could understand how in the face of great poverty, why girls would want to work the bar scene or marry "below" their physical status.

She harrumphed and introduced me to one of the hotel's chambermaids. This pretty 17+-year old helped her somtam-selling mom prepare food early every morning, then attended school and after school cleaned hotel rooms and made beds. When I met her, she was still in her school uniform just getting into work. Working at the hotel, this girl had had ample opportunity to latch on to any number of letchrous old tourist but was clear about her goals: finish school, go to uni, build a career, stand on own two feet, make her parents proud.

Mrs T is a proud, but practical woman. She went on to explain that any woman who says she didn't seriosuly consider the financial status of a potential marriage partner is either irrisponsible, flakey or lying—usually the latter. But (in her view) a sucessful relationship cannot stand on that pillar alone.

Do wide-gap (gaps of any sort) marriages work? Who truly knows what goes on behind closed doors? Who can see into the inscrutable mind of a Thai (any?) woman? Who can measure the human capacity for self-delusion or the huamn ability to 'love the one you're with' (if you can't be with the one you love)?

Good question. Perhaps, because there may be a significant number of children growing up without fathers (given that 'wide-gap' age differences in marriage may lead to very young children growing up without a paternal influence after experiencing the death of their fathers). Could this effect the children adversely as they approach adulthood, and therefore the future of society? I don't know. Just putting it out there.

Regretfully many girls do not feel the same way and more to the point do not have the intelligence (or moral upbringing) to go to school/Uni etc. not their fault just the way it is - I wonder (as a percentage) how many actually do attend Uni and get a degree?

My admiration goes out to this girl and I hope she achieves her aim - not just in avoiding lecherous old sods but also handsome Thai motorbike riders who will make her pregnant them bugger off.

The last point - no we shouldn't care - unless it is manipulation of a minor (sub 18) who is not old enough to make her own decisions and is a girl not a young women.

Edit: spelling

Edited by ChiangMaiFun