Red-Shirts Blockade Thai Military Train

webfact

I've said all along the Army General should be replaced. Secondly form two lines of soldiers/police. One line with rubber bullets and tear gas. If this line is broken or fire is returned then it may be time for real bullets.

I mentioned earlier that the events in Thailand are fairly unique and this type of behavior would not be tolerated for an instance in the West. Surprisingly some members stated that the West would tolerate mass protests and insurrection. I highly doubt it.

Although this is a testament to the patience of the Thais it is getting ridiculous. Sad fact is that its all fueled by Thaksin's desire to simply get money and power back. Additionally, its not even large contingents anymore but most likely local thugs and bored and unemployed youth acting.

I hope the reds come to their senses before the Army is forced to act.

thaksin is over-rated her.....

he is not that great a man.......

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So back to the real post.

The CRES (note, not the army who are supposed to be in charge) have sent four companies of police and army to rescue this train.

10 more train nappings and the CRES is at full stretch!!! or is that overstretched.

This is the means of maintaining power this time.... the CRES are trying to run the show, undermine Anupong and Abhisit... well. Nice haircut is about all he is bringing to this process.

That great ex PAD member is now in charge of CRES. Wonder if he ever read about Mussolinni! He better leave a lot of forces around his base for the rest of his life now.

Sorry BASIJKE, there is a full report on it, the log and the pylone on Bangkoks remaining plausible news outlet. Sorry you don't like to leave the safe confines of ASTV and the Nation.

Again more UTTER NONSENSE.

My claims re the train and CRES are on the news, in the papers and on the internet. Back your claims up then. You have to take your news from a variety of outlets to get a broader view.

Then you will be able to post rather than just sneer and flame. It's a big step but you can do it.

Try Wiki for some background, try google for some background. Human Rights watch report saying PAD have Fascist tendencies.

Get out of this forum more mate and learn something. You don't know who you are blindly backing. It is not a football match to cheer on and shout about.... but hey, live in ignorance if you like, but don't blame me when your posts are easily picked apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban Why not start here. I picked the highlights out for you. Disqualified MP, distributing land in Phuket. What a contrast to Thaksin!!! Now you are at a stage where you can start to think about thaksin not being the beginning and end of corruption. I know this land and if you knew who owned it you really would be on to something. Why not find out? It's easy, and most in Phuket know this.

1995 Corruption Scandal

The Democrat Party won elections in 13 September 1992, shortly after Black May, and formed a government. Suthep became Agriculture Minister. As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปก.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Unrepentant, Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in their hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.[1] The scandal led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate. In subsequent elections, the Chart Thai party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government.[2]

This guy arranged a mob to come to Bangkok and forced HIS OWN government out of office.!

2009 Disqualification as MP

In 2009, Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep had supported, Members of Parliament are banned from holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. In July 2009, the Election Commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the Constitutional Court to disqualify Suthep and 12 other Democrat MPs for having allegedly violated the charter. Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from Parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted that his resignation was not a proof that he had done something wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister.[3]

So you see, the CRES is run by this character that I have been Banging on about for weeks not. If his name were Thaksin, the PAD would be running him out of town.

But that's only a dream, He is now there sole hope of keeping power for their backers.

I've said all along the Army General should be replaced. Secondly form two lines of soldiers/police. One line with rubber bullets and tear gas. If this line is broken or fire is returned then it may be time for real bullets.

I mentioned earlier that the events in Thailand are fairly unique and this type of behavior would not be tolerated for an instance in the West. Surprisingly some members stated that the West would tolerate mass protests and insurrection. I highly doubt it.

Although this is a testament to the patience of the Thais it is getting ridiculous. Sad fact is that its all fueled by Thaksin's desire to simply get money and power back. Additionally, its not even large contingents anymore but most likely local thugs and bored and unemployed youth acting.

thaksin is a smaller man after all this fiasco.

in fact you have over-rated him..... :)

thaksin is over-rated her.....

he is not that great a man.......

In fact where is thaksin right now? Why is he suddenly silent? Why is he letting the rural naive poor do his dirty work? Shows you heaps about the mans lack of morals and values.

If this action isn't a form of domestic terrorism, what is?! If for any inkling of a thought that this was in fact for the south, what a pity. It sounds like Pattani could use the extra help about now. The reds definitely have more blood on its hands now. No more time for talking, we need some action now. What a mess!

yes.

bring in operation "agent orange"... all you guys calling for blood, please help.....

repeat the "My Lai" massacre.....

yes, bomb the reds out of the south east asian map.......

level isaan too :) ......

Edited by hoilai

If this action isn't a form of domestic terrorism, what is?! If for any inkling of a thought that this was in fact for the south, what a pity. It sounds like Pattani could use the extra help about now. The reds definitely have more blood on its hands now. No more time for talking, we need some action now. What a mess!

yes.

bring in operation "agent orange"... all you guys calling for blood, please help.....

repeat the "My Lai" massacre.....

yes, bomb the reds out of the south east asian map.......

level isaan too :) ......

Bizarre response to a suggestions that upholding the law and fighting terrorism should take place since talking clearly doesn't work with those refusing to talk.

I believe peace should always be the first option but in a case where insurgents have seized a train full of weapons ... there needs to be no warning given and F16, tanks and Black Hawks should have immediatly been dispatched and to take out the insurgents and if needed all the military equipment (train) to prevent these guerrillas.

Do not be fooled, this was an act of war. An immediate and forceful response is the only way to respond. By not doing this, then you encourage more actions like this from others. Until Thailand shows it is unacceptable to attack authority (police / military) there will be no respect for the law and civilians who want to take arms for bad intentions will simply do this again or do like the Reds have done in BKK.

The comedy section can be accessed via the main panal. Nice of you to try and being some light relief to the debate, but you could have stopped short of absolute hillarity.

The Airforce are more likely to attack the army.... which shows how much of Thai history you know.

Since the army has both tanks and Blackhawks there would be no need for the Airforce unless you wanted to take out the train itself with F16 strikes to prevent the insurgents from gaining more weapons through seizing military transports.

...too late, all the red train drivers are heading to coverge at hualapong to immobolise the trains dipatching the military..... :):D:D:D .

It is a shame that no body has thoulgh to ask tacksin to put a stop to this before there is blood shead. If he professes to love this country as he sead then I would think it would be to his advantage to bring this to a peacefull end.

Later at about 4.30pm, a group of 1,000 soldiers blocked an intersection in Khon Kaen's Ban Pai district and seized three army buses which had 150 soldiers on board for the same reasons.

If this is truly a fact well, military against military. What would be the name for this type of conflict? This is a very serious development in this sad state of affairs.

Later at about 4.30pm, a group of 1,000 soldiers blocked an intersection in Khon Kaen's Ban Pai district and seized three army buses which had 150 soldiers on board for the same reasons.

If this is truly a fact well, military against military. What would be the name for this type of conflict? This is a very serious development in this sad state of affairs.

Pretty sure this is just one of the many translation typos in the news section.

Khon Kaen reds agree to release military train

The red shirts in Khon Kaen on Thursday's afternoon agreed to release their blockade of the military train bounded for reinforcement in Pattani, officials said.

The train was blocked since Wednesday on suspicion that the soldiers, military vehicles and supplies might be diverted for anti-riot operation against the red shirts in Rajprasong, Bangkok.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Time to close this thread?

The red shirts in Khon Kaen on Thursday's afternoon agreed to release their blockade of the military train bounded for reinforcement in Pattani, officials said.

The train was blocked since Wednesday on suspicion that the soldiers, military vehicles and supplies might be diverted for anti-riot operation against the red shirts in Rajprasong, Bangkok.

The Nation

PART TWO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban So you read the profile. Now read on to see how it impacts today and why he is in such a powerful position.

Thaksin when he was in power ordered an investigation into this scandal and sent down a team in helicopters to survey the land. It was a sort of "Get foreigners off our land" type thing, but we all knew (all Thais certainly knew) who the targets were.

These very powerful people who own this land (am sure you have googled this, unless you are just o nhere to snipe) then saw Thaksin as a threat to their position. It was part of a wider campain on Thaksins part to dismatle this elite system of Army, coucillors, courts, etc.

This land is still there and any potential buyers only have to do a bit of due dilligence (it is a lot of land and they will do it) and hey presto, it still cannot be sold.

So, until they establish full control over everything in Thailand, there are areas where they (the elites) are scuppered. Land and assets they cannot realise or dispose of. Phuket was but a part of it, but I was there at the time and remember it well.

Don't wish for the end of the Reds until you are sure you know your yellows. Believe me, this man is the man in charge now and it is him pushing the other generals to act independelty of Anupong.

Remember also, and learn you newbies about FBA2 which the elite tried to push through after the coup and just before the rigged election. That would have rid Thailand of most of us and had our homes repossessd.

If you only read TV, look at those old posts on here.

I often right, even if you think I am only right when I post in other sections. Believe me, I am right on this.

PART TWO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban So you read the profile. Now read on to see how it impacts today and why he is in such a powerful position.

Thaksin when he was in power ordered an investigation into this scandal and sent down a team in helicopters to survey the land. It was a sort of "Get foreigners off our land" type thing, but we all knew (all Thais certainly knew) who the targets were.

These very powerful people who own this land (am sure you have googled this, unless you are just o nhere to snipe) then saw Thaksin as a threat to their position. It was part of a wider campain on Thaksins part to dismatle this elite system of Army, coucillors, courts, etc.

This land is still there and any potential buyers only have to do a bit of due dilligence (it is a lot of land and they will do it) and hey presto, it still cannot be sold.

So, until they establish full control over everything in Thailand, there are areas where they (the elites) are scuppered. Land and assets they cannot realise or dispose of. Phuket was but a part of it, but I was there at the time and remember it well.

Don't wish for the end of the Reds until you are sure you know your yellows. Believe me, this man is the man in charge now and it is him pushing the other generals to act independelty of Anupong.

Remember also, and learn you newbies about FBA2 which the elite tried to push through after the coup and just before the rigged election. That would have rid Thailand of most of us and had our homes repossessd.

If you only read TV, look at those old posts on here.

I often right, even if you think I am only right when I post in other sections. Believe me, I am right on this.

Grandpa put your glasses on mate, this is the Rob the Stagecoach thread, political bickering can be found two aisles over.

Time to say to Illegal gatherings" You have * hour to move or you will be removed" thats the standard fair, reasonable way of removing such a gathering. Only in Thailand the security forces and politicians haven't got the determination to uphold law and order. Pathetic State

Time to say to Illegal gatherings" You have * hour to move or you will be removed" thats the standard fair, reasonable way of removing such a gathering. Only in Thailand the security forces and politicians haven't got the determination to uphold law and order. Pathetic State

Oh they have the determination to order it, but they don't have (or are not sure that they have) the right numbers.

Move in if you don't have the numbers and you are toast.... even if you are the Army!

I think when Newin gets in it will bring the PAD and The Reds together..... and I am not joking on this one! Until then the country will be divided.

Thai TV were showing footage this morning af all the unrest. Very fair and sad reporting with a peace song been played over the top of it.... Think it was chanal 3 Good piece and a popular station.

One of the clips showed the blue clad militia lining up. Now you think Thaksin and PAD are bad people.... which they are. Just wait until this lot get tooled up!

Yep..........amazing Thailand!

Now the train has been "released" by the Reds.

And some Reds have negotiated (demanded?) that they ride with the train to its destination to make sure it is not going to Bangkok.

What a joke :) Is this for real?

I don't know any other country in the world that would allow this sort of thing to happen.

What <deleted>. The best thing about their forces is the totty. What major wars have the Israeli military fought and won in the last 50 years, bar stomping on the little man?

lols! The Israelis have the world's best military???!!! Proof? Evidence? ???????

You need evidence? Israel is a small bit of land with a small population - every few years its larger neighbors attack it with the full force of their combined military, and every time the Israeli military knock 'em out. What more proof do you need? If the Israelis followed up and did what nearly all militaries have done in such circumstances, they would have possession of most of Middle East real estate from southern Egypt to the Turkish border and east to the Persian Gulf.

Is that so? Tell me, which LARGER NEIGHBORS have attacked it with their FULL FORCE..... ?

OK, maybe they're not all larger neighbors individually, but Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Hezbollah from Lebanon certainly are larger collectively, particularly when they coordinate their military attacks. Plus, at various times, Israel's enemies have had backing from Iraq, Iran, and the Saudis, and possibly other Middle eastern and north African governments. If that's not a 'David and Goliath' match-up for modern times, showing how the little guy can beat the big guy, then I don't know what is. All in all, it shows Israel's military prowess. As for getting weapons from elsewhere (Syrians and Egyptians got their Migs from USSR), you can twist the argument all sorts of directions when you realize you're dead wrong, but you'll still wind up wrong. Don't sweat it. Sometimes you're just flat out wrong. Dust yourself off and go on to something else. Perhaps argue about something you know about, like the comparative stupors you get from Thai beer.

Some things even an israeli won't do for money!

Ha ha - now that's REALLY hard to believe. Anyway they're not as 'special' as they boast - look at the way they were exposed in Dubai - don't they know in Tel Aviv that other places have CCTV cameras or do they think everyone else but themselves is dumb :) As for the wonderful supertank the Merkava they were so proud of - in their 2006 invasion of Lebanon it was thrashed by Hezbollah foot soldiers with RPGs

<h1></h1>

Israeli Merkava tanks fail to rise to expectations Hezbollah fighters destroyed more than 50 Merkava tanks among 400 used by Israel in the war on Lebanon.

I rest my case - forget the Israelis :D

Time to close this thread?

The Nation

When I Posted awhile back that the reds control the North, there were childish, disbelieving responses. Surely you don't need an IQ of over 80 to realise it takes some kind domination to commandeer a fully equipped military train, with hundreds of soldiers, without getting arrested.

If you still don't believe the red army in this civil war holds the Northern territory, put on a yellow shirt and head up there.

Choosing between the red or the yellows would be choosing the lesser of two evils NOT the good side or the bad side.

Either way, Thailand is heading for a worse future than, even, it terrible past.

Sad, really, so much potential going down the drain.

Given the highly inflammatory nature of some posts and posters in the News forum, we are instituting a zero tolerance policy with regards to posting inflammatory comments, comments advocating violence, trollish comments, and flames. You will receive an automatic posting rights suspension for this behavior in the News forum. Bear that in mind when posting

If you notice my post (the OP) it says "tonight or the following days".

Lets wait and see what they do tonight and in the following few days first.

And now let me ask you.

Did people die in the following days as I suggested in the post ?

Yes they did, last night one. Maybe tonight some more.

Its following a script, playing out like a soap opera.

Open your minds to the reality of what is going on. Sadly from now until Monday there are likely to be more deaths, its going to be a hot weekend as the Yellows hiding in multicolors attempt to incite more violence and third hands possibly supply it.

Are Team Yellow trying to mount pressure to take Anupong out and then use Martial Law ?

If you notice my post (the OP) it says "tonight or the following days".

Lets wait and see what they do tonight and in the following few days first.

And now let me ask you.

Did people die in the following days as I suggested in the post ?

Yes they did, last night one. Maybe tonight some more.

Its following a script, playing out like a soap opera.

Open your minds to the reality of what is going on. Sadly from now until Monday there are likely to be more deaths, its going to be a hot weekend as the Yellows hiding in multicolors attempt to incite more violence and third hands possibly supply it.

Are Team Yellow trying to mount pressure to take Anupong out and then use Martial Law ?

Given all the "experts" its strange there is no reply to this.

It was obvious that certain "black hands" on the anti-reds wanted to incite violence to get a martyr and make the reds look bad.

And as I suggested it happened exactly as suggested it would.

Sae Daeng also suggests today it was "Government men in black" who fired from a high rise in the vicinity.

Whoever did this crime needs punishment, however the "script" with which the story went was all too obvious from well before this person died, which raises many questions marks,

Red supporters still don't get it. The grenades were fired from the Red encampment at Lumpini park. Despite Reds trying to block out many security cameras, there were other security cameras which clearly show the RPG's were fired from the Red camp.

Plus, all the victims were anti-reds or people mingling with them. Go figure.

It gets so tiresome to keep hearing Reds and their supporters claiming things that are obviously not true (example, "we're peaceful") and at the same time they always deny responsibility for many bad things their people are doing.