Emergency Road Service, Thailand

pcruzer

:) As far as I know they don't. When I lived in Hua Hin I travelled a lot and I had the phone number of the auto shop I used in my phone. A couple of times I had problems they sent someone out. They had one of those little 4 wheel tuk tuk looking trucks. THis did require an ability to speak Thai. Back in those days (early 2000's) they weren't that many farngs living there that had vehicles. I would just say "Falang mee Mitsu roht pickup see Dahm",then they knew who it was.

LL

I think you'll find info on this in the insurance forum. I have been in touch with one of the insurance companies about this, but apparently they only want to deal with me after my red plates are replaced by white plates.

I get a Roadside assist with my insurance (organised through here) and have used them once when I broke down with a flat battery, they came within 20 mins, directed me to a garage that could sell me a new battery (8:30pm on a Friday night, was planning to drive on Saturday morning at 5am, so I needed the car to work), mechanic spoke no English, however he relayed all info back to his base, who then called me on my mobile and they told me what he said, all in all very good service