US Calls For Peaceful Resolution To Thai Political Crisis

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The USA has to shut up their mouth talking about "peaceful solutions". How peaceful was the USA in Irak, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Granada?

O.k. I know some clever Americans, who I like, but too many of them are narrow minded, dumb or stupid.

Don't the USA understand that calling for new elections will trigger similar problems in the future?

Go play cowboy!

Unbelievable how some people will bash the US and its citizens with any opportunity. The comments above that basically bash every American other than the "clever" ones that the poster knows tell a tale about this poster...who is obviously not from the States and has a chip against them.

Please try to stay on topic and stay away from your bashing of Americans. Posts such as this one only serve to make the poster appear to have a serious issue.

Attacking populations from any particular country serve no positive purpose. Calling out Americans or any other countrymen as "narrow minded, dumb, or stupid" is reprehensible and has no place in this forum.

O.k. I know some clever Americans, who I like, but too many of them are narrow minded, dumb or stupid.

I guess you're not American, right. Please be aware that they could fire a Bung Fai on your house if you're writing posts like that.

The USA has to shut up their mouth talking about "peaceful solutions". How peaceful was the USA in Irak, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Granada?

Don't the USA understand that calling for new elections will trigger similar problems in the future?

Go play cowboy!

Agreed. What hel_l has it got to do with the Yanks anyway. Mind your own business and get on with your own wars.

Wars such as saving the suicidal and looney Europeans from themselves during the Great European War (1914-1918) and then again from the European generated Nazi tyranny of the Second World War (Europe 1939 - 1945) (US 1941 - 45)? Your welcome very much for saving you from speaking Nazi German to this day.

FYI, I and many others opposed the war in Vietnam and quickly opposed the war in Iraq after Bush's WMD - Words of Mass Deception. Afghanistan is a genunine and legit war but the Europeans have orientated their militaries towards peacekeeping rather than fighting wars and can't even do peacekeeping right as evidenced so starkly in Rwanda, where despite a UN peacekeeing force primarily of Europeans genocide between the Tutsis and the Tootoos was rampant after a significant period of British colonialism which did much to promote the lunatic primitive genocidal resentments.

This hate the USA pathology is a serious problem among those who suffer from it and needs serious professional attention.

Red Shirts urge UN to dispatch peacekeeping troops to guard protesters - Look out, we're for it now then!

What is wrong with some of you? All the USA did was express a wish for peace? Is it a crime to ask for calm and for peace?

There was no statement of public interference. The Americans couldn't be anymore clear when they stated; This is something that has ultimately to be resolved in Thailand," said Crowley.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but the EU did send a delegation in addition to the individual messages delivered by various Ambassadors expressing the same sentiment.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, the Volcano fallout has pushed alot of things to the side as European governments had todeal with tens of thousands of stranded nationals. Besides, the Iranian situation is foreign affairs issue number 1 right now. Maybe if Thailand was threatening to incinerate 1/2 the world, people would pay more attention, I dunno.

Well said, no harm in making a call for a peace, I wish for a peaceful resolution to this issue too. Not that I think its very likely.

I think some of us just find it comical when the most war driven nation on the planet this last century, which is also currently engaged in 2 wars, calls for peace in a conflict that looks similar to the grassroots of its own foundation. I love the US, but the double dealing is entertaining sometimes. :)

"similar to the grassroots of it's own foundation" is the key here. Should this movement be supported by a government of the people by the people for the people (which is now a slogan with little substance) or should it be deemed a terrorist movement by the powers to be because it challanges their "system". Sounds like the tea party debate is spreading.

Thomas Jefferson quote "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

What you did?! you seem to forget the number of people in other nations that fought in the war, the war didnt even have anything to do with you other than pearl harbor and losing a couple of ill-gotten islands in the pacifci (from spanish american war), the war was fought on very little american land, the US mainly was basically a war free zone. I am not saying the US did nothing, because they did massecre innocent japanese with the atomic bomb, but i am saying that you should give others credit too. They thais fought, the french fought, the chinese fought, the english/british fought, aussies fought, soviets fought, so many other people fought in the war not only the US.

I know I'm going to be scr*wed for saying this, but is Hitler really a bad leader? He fought patriotically against the oppression of his people by the WWI allies through the Treaty of Versailles, he brought order to a country devastated by the great depression, i know he has many bad sides but I still admire his efforts as a leader to help his own to greatness

You didn't take History at school did you?

I guess if you ignore some of his bad qualities you might think Hitler did OK. He did inspire a lot of people to follow him, so maybe he was a good motivational speaker. He did manage to conquer most of Europe for a while. So if you forget about the millions of dead people you could say that he successfully led his people. I imagine you could find the bright side of Kim Jong Il's regime if you really wanted to. The problem is you can't just forget the negatives forever. And you did manage to point out that these sorts of people, and maybe some Thai people who shall remain nameless, are obsessed with their own greatness, not the greatness of their nation. They are willing to sacrifice the many for their own wealth and power. So if you admire those sorts of people grab a bamboo stake and put on a t shirt.

What you did?! you seem to forget the number of people in other nations that fought in the war, the war didnt even have anything to do with you other than pearl harbor and losing a couple of ill-gotten islands in the pacifci (from spanish american war), the war was fought on very little american land, the US mainly was basically a war free zone. I am not saying the US did nothing, because they did massecre innocent japanese with the atomic bomb, but i am saying that you should give others credit too. They thais fought, the french fought, the chinese fought, the english/british fought, aussies fought, soviets fought, so many other people fought in the war not only the US.

I know I'm going to be scr*wed for saying this, but is Hitler really a bad leader? He fought patriotically against the oppression of his people by the WWI allies through the Treaty of Versailles, he brought order to a country devastated by the great depression, i know he has many bad sides but I still admire his efforts as a leader to help his own to greatness

16,354,000 men & women served in the U.S. Armed Forces during WW 2. This number includes members of the Army, Army Air Corps, Navy & Marines.

As you say, they didn't fight in America so they must have done something.

Well, why don't the red shirts talk?

Do they want more people dead?

Let me think; Shouldn't another country give America the advice to stop the war in Iraq, occupied because they want cheap, or free oil.

Arni is the solution, okay he had gained some weight, but they should send him to Indochina to TERMINATE.

It's that easy.

Iraq would otherwise be in total chaos and anarchy, or even more violent. I'm not sure where your knowledge is very insightful, because it has a lot more to do with than merely oil.

16,354,000 men & women served in the U.S. Armed Forces during WW 2. This number includes members of the Army, Army Air Corps, Navy & Marines.

As you say, they didn't fight in America so they must have done something.

worldwariimilitarydeath.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Edited by kissdani

Well, why don't the red shirts talk?

Do they want more people dead?

well if the reds are getting paid. which they are. now it is danger money. pretty crap wages for danger money

Yeah but they have been "promised" between 100K and 1 million baht for victory money from Thaksin. That's pretty good for many poor Thais.

I'm pretty disappointed in my government for such a wishy washy statement. It had the significance of a Hallmark greeting card.

Something like --

So you're on the verge of a civil war. Take care. Smile!

Edited by Jingthing

I do wish Euro nations would get their heads out of themselves, if only for a minute and do the same. Sadly with the volcano and EU Greece finacial implosion, how could you expect them to give a tinkards cuss for any other nation on the face of this earth besides their own and their two bit little problems.

It's like trying to get water from a rock

Whatever are you on about? It's nobody's business but Muang Thai's. Just because you don't hear anything from European nations in the tabloids, doesn't mean they don't give a hoot. It's called decorum. The only reason the Yanks are mouthing is that's the way they like to operate and think they're the world's momma.

well said...