Italian To English Translation Of Certificates

I agree by Farang standards it is honorable to pay them but loyalty to Farangs is not a Thai strong point. I'm sure they would appreciate being paid yet I don't think it will make them better workers in the long run.

Lots of hogwash being spouted her by people who have brought western ideology to Thailand and seem insistent that they are correct. You go think you are doing them a good turn and believe that they love you all the more for it and then hear them talk about how stupid their western boss is for paying when not working, out of earshot or not, if they know he cannot understand Thai.

Lots of crap being touted to say that if the OP's business cashflow is not good enough etc. blah blah, then he should not be in business and should go home. Again, moralistic western values which have no place in Thailand.

Some Thai owned places will pay and some will not. I think I would tell my staff that this was causing a great hardship but that for this week I will pay. You cannot just decide to pay indefinitely. You will likely get no better work from the staff and no increased loyalty. You just have to look at it as offsetting the cost to recruit new staff and train them up. When that cost is less than the cost of paying for non work, you have to revisit the argument. It is better for your staff that they know where you stand.

Thai people don't need much money so just tell them to <deleted> off and they will respect you more than shoving cash at them for nothing and they certainly will not give you any loyalty, If they are not happy just sack them and train up someone else how to stand around all day and play with their mobile phone whilst ignoring customers - I guess that it might take all of 5 minutes.

• 6 months later...

What was that..I'm not sure.

Anyway, Jumbo, here I am again, I understand this post is from a while ago, however, if you are still looking I might be able to help with this one too..just PM me please.