Thai Army Tells Red Shirts To Disperse From Rally Base

webfact

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6000 hard core reds. That sound manageable.

Pity they did'nt crackdown on the yellows previously, if they had of, maybe the reds would'nt have copied them. The two airports and government house were occupied without any resitance from the army or police. Double standards.

So who's fault is that anyway? Certainly not this government, the government was made up of Thaksin's friends.

Sloppy and weak government that let that happen. And who exectly do the reds want back in the government?

Exactly, the weak government that did not uphold the law during the Airport closure. Congratulations.

You made a strong point for a strong response of this government to the current occupation of the center of Bangkok.

They indeed should not act as lame as the 'red' government that did NOTHING about the airport closure.

The police and the army work for the government.

There is no Thailand if the government can't disperse a mob of 6000 armed rebels occupying an important district of the capital. No, it is not a game. It is about the very existence of Thailand as a nation. This is civilization vs. anarchy. Would the red thugs be tolerated for weeks in your country? You say yes? I don't believe you.

Good Point Jingthing, how would this be handled in let's say Holland?

It would never be necessary in Holland- people are enfranchised, well-educated, they have removed the priviledges of title and inheritance, they receive sufficient pay for their work, have more than adequate health care and welfare provision and have plenty of Heineken.

I can say in the US they would simply have labeled the insurrection as terrorism and opened fire at the airport, the inner city and wherever. Anyone doubting this should not forget what happened on American campuses at an earlier time.

And he is not in charge. Watch your back mate. If he shouts fire, who knows which way the bullets will be flying. Certainly Thailand will be flying up the UN's list of oppressive regimes and even onto US sanctions lists.

PAD, the people who wrested power from the People on the premise they were too stupid to vote, through mob rule and army control by their elite backers are now coming back on to the street to ensure that the power is not returned through the ballot box.

Can I have accurate soundbite of the day for that please on the BBC?

Nice organisation and I am not surprised they are disguising themselves as multi colourted protesters.

Once the yellow shirts go on, then the army will split.

What utter Nonsense Sir.

Actually, he got it exactly right. Sounds like you are another one of these guys who make every excuse in the world for the yellows SEIZING AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, with no jail time for anyone, and no crackdown and yet cheer for the end of the reds.

Last night there were a lot more reds in their territory and today there are more than 6,000. These numbers are laughable.

The army would be insane to attack these people, as the only results would be bloodbath, a probable fracturing of the army as some units and soldiers refused to fight, the descent on bkk of hoardes of enraged red shirts from upcountry, and the beginning of a (second) armed insurgency in thailand, this one right in the capital.

Either pariament is dissovled sooner rather than later, or we will be heading for the exits.

The reds want a blood bath. They have been pushing for violence since day one. The deaths 2 weeks ago wasn't the PR success that the reds were hoping for. So they are looking for more blood and more death.

Last night there were a lot more reds in their territory and today there are more than 6,000. These numbers are laughable.

The army would be insane to attack these people, as the only results would be bloodbath, a probable fracturing of the army as some units and soldiers refused to fight, the descent on bkk of hoardes of enraged red shirts from upcountry, and the beginning of a (second) armed insurgency in thailand, this one right in the capital.

Either pariament is dissovled sooner rather than later, or we will be heading for the exits.

when you have thousand of red shirt playing suicidal games what do you expect

an afternoon tea party

The is a normal democracy where people have a choice to do what they want

and accept the results

one more thing when evaluating the reported numbers of red shirts, beyond the suspiciously low numbers reported in the press.

walk among the reds manning the barricades on one side of sala daeng, then walk among the multicolors marching in their demonstrations on the other side of the intersection. you will never see a more different group of rivals in the same country.

the multicolours are obviously middle class.

now look at the reds in their straw hats and ruddy faces.

what i see in the faces of the multicolors is fear; in the faces of the reds, anger.

an angry you man is worth three scared ones.

The last time the army warned people like this, 25 died on Saturday... so of all the false warnnings I've heard - and there are a LOT... this one has some credibility.

Bets on exactly when the crackdown will be? I say sometime today or latest tomorrow morning... tomorrow is when the multi-colored shirts rally... and the army should crack down to avoid any more large emotional gatherings!!!

If there is no crackdown before Friday, there will never be a crackdown. Maybe playing the wait-it-out game? But with the Yellows and multi-colors soon joining the fracas and adding extra dimensions and complexity to the situation, I can't see the wait game working. Maybe Abhisit should agree to the Red's demands (as much as I am against this). Where else can all this lead? Lawlessness and chaos thoughout the country leading to civil war?

As the reds are always using history as an answer to their problems

I will do the same

Where can all this lead?

After the Civil War in the USA, they became the United States, and went on to be a mighty power in their region

In nature the catepillar must die to become a beautiful butterfly

Not that we need more butterfly's in Thailand

And he is not in charge. Watch your back mate. If he shouts fire, who knows which way the bullets will be flying. Certainly Thailand will be flying up the UN's list of oppressive regimes and even onto US sanctions lists.

PAD, the people who wrested power from the People on the premise they were too stupid to vote, through mob rule and army control by their elite backers are now coming back on to the street to ensure that the power is not returned through the ballot box.

Nice organisation and I am not surprised they are disguising themselves as multi colourted protesters.

What utter Nonsense Sir.

Actually, he got it exactly right. Sounds like you are another one of these guys who make every excuse in the world for the yellows SEIZING AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, with no jail time for anyone, and no crackdown and yet cheer for the end of the reds.

Thanks for the support. I have also posted Thaugsabuns profile on another thread. And none of the Yellows have a clue about him. It can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

If you reprinted that and changed the Name to Thaksin, it would be posted on here within minutes as proof of what a crook thaksin was.

The Special Branch police put the crowd at 40k, so anotherpeters mate must have run out of fingers. I think they must just count them when they are at the stage and missed the other 34 thousand who were sleeping, eating etc. Unless they are saying 34,000 people just walked away.

What utter Nonsense Sir.

And how would you know,are you there amongst them or just on the side lines watching one sided news broadcasts,the sooner the red shirts get what they want, the sooner we can all get back to what is called normal in Thailand,the people in the uk dont like Mr Brown and Co,and the rest of the thieves running the government, but you do not see the army taking over,the people elected Thaskin and the people should have been allowed to vote him out,Thailand calls its self democratic,yet the government shuts down the reds telly station because they do not like what it says,There,s a party in the uk called The BNP and i havent yet read a half decent piece about them in the papers, even though they have elected people in councils etc,its called freedom of info, which obviously they have here but only if you toe the governments line.

one more thing when evaluating the reported numbers of red shirts, beyond the suspiciously low numbers reported in the press.

walk among the reds manning the barricades on one side of sala daeng, then walk among the multicolors marching in their demonstrations on the other side of the intersection. you will never see a more different group of rivals in the same country.

what i see in the faces of the multicolors is fear; in the faces of the reds, anger.

if they are so scared as you say then why are they there? to bow to the reds and beg forgiveness?

Sad that people call the reds animals, criminals and what the like. This is what happens when the poor and uneducated are disenfranchised. Any one of us in that position might do the same. If you have nothing to lose and the hope of gaining something.

Dispersing them with violence and keeping them uneducated and in poverty will not end the problem. I should know - this is what the apartheid regime in South Africa tried and it failed miserably. The only long term solution is to educate them thereby improving their opportunities in life.

Unfortunately both sides' leaders are a bunch of greedy animals who don't really care about the people. Thaksin was just the smarter crook - he actually gave the people hope through better medicare, etc.

The better Medicare you talk about NEVER Worked and was stopped

IT now ALL FREE Medical Care

and By whom did this happen

THE PRESENT PM

Sorry back to my box

Pity they did'nt crackdown on the yellows previously, if they had of, maybe the reds would'nt have copied them. The two airports and government house were occupied without any resitance from the army or police. Double standards.

Broken record.

Yes a Broken Record. But at the end of the day the TRUTH HURTS and it is hard to hide it forever.

I am not even either side but when one side gets kid glove treatment and the other gets the other it shows, and you can not deny it.

Why is this contiuing to be played out as a Hollywood Movie?

There will obviously be serious bloodshed if the Army or anyone else moves in, yet the answer to removing these People is absurdly simple and has been used many time in history.

Surround them with barbed wire to prevent escape and re-grouping then cut off all water, food and power. Within a few days and probably sooner in the heat of Bangkok the Red Shirts will be begging for unconditional surrender. Of course offer to extract the Mothers and Children.

Here is a little brain teaser for you, see if you can get the right answer:

Which one of these two animals are likely to win in a fight to the death situation ...

A... A Hamster (with a pea sized brain)

B... A Tiger (Millions of years of evolution which resulted in a creature that is very cleaver, cunning & with a hunger to always succeed)

Don't worry if you get your answer wrong it is a hard one isn't it? :)

Edited by TonyH

Broken record.

Yes a Broken Record. But at the end of the day the TRUTH HURTS and it is hard to hide it forever.

I am not even either side but when one side gets kid glove treatment and the other gets the other it shows, and you can not deny it.

So because the Red Government (at the time) failed to disperse the Yellow protesters, the current government is to blame?

*SIGH* where do they keep coming from? I thought it was LOW season now so all the tourists left...

Regardless of polictal views; a lack of prosecution of criminals does make other criminals believe that they can commit the same or similar crimes without being punished as well.

If all murders and rapists and drug dealers stopped being arrested and prosecuted, it stands to reason that there would be a whole lot more people commiting those crimes...

So it is a valid argument that if the yellow leaders were currently sitting in a jail cell for their crimes, the red leaders may never have had the balls to begin the protests at all....

Since the yellows were not prosecuted, the red leaders likely feel that they should not be afraid of prosecution as well, so no risk...

There will obviously be serious bloodshed if the Army or anyone else moves in, yet the answer to removing these People is absurdly simple and has been used many time in history.

Surround them with barbed wire to prevent escape and re-grouping then cut off all water, food and power. Within a few days and probably sooner in the heat of Bangkok the Red Shirts will be begging for unconditional surrender. Of course offer to extract the Mothers and Children.

And then what?

Bangkok Burning?

Yes in a Hollywood movie this would work

You forget we are talking about the red shirts leaders who would be back in their hotel rooms

They would wait for the women and children to die

put them on the barb wire and shout

Double standards Double standards

Paint ball guns could put a swift end to this stand off. Green, yellow, blue, orange....no one will know who's who.

:D:D:D brilliant idea. :D:D:cheesy:

spray red paint on the yellow protesters and others and spray yellow paint on reds.....

than enjoy the fireworks...... :):D:D

quote]

if they are so scared as you say then why are they there? to bow to the reds and beg forgiveness?

Obviously the multicolors gathered last night and now at sala daeng to show opposition to the reds. But the vast majority were BEHIND police lines.

by contrast the red stand in FRONT of those police lines, quite a number in front of their own barricades. they were not ignorant of the risks; many told me to seek shelter behind the barricade because they felt it was too dangerous where they stood.

big difference between those reds and those multis.

I seems as if EVERY thread about current events gets hijacked back to the yellow airport incident. I think this should be a mod issue. ONE thread to talk about that. It shouldn't be acceptable for this done to the death aspect of it to dominate EVERY other topic, especially now, that Thailand is possibly on the verge of civil war.

I do have a proposal about this. I suggest people in future ignore all references to the airport incident. We all know about it ALREADY. We all know the red rationale about that, that they claim they are now excused of ALL crimes because of that past. Nothing new. Why ever reply to this gambit?

Edited by Jingthing

And 8000 just vanished into the night? nobody saw them go? Think we would have noticed 8000 issanies on the move dont you?

This jerk is just trying to pressure Anupong into killing.

Put him and the CRES in jail and this could be resolved.

Grandad you smokin yabba you need to chill out Your gonna have a coronary.What is it now over 400 posts saying nothing.

You sound like a broken record. How much is Taki paying you anyway. Your entitled to your bent views but we all heard the same rap since the turmoil started & you still are beating a dead horse. Chill & let everybody's brain relax.

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Geesh never really took note of your posts much before but you are a crackpot I see.. time to ignore your ramblings. Why are so many of the RED-farangs unstable?

Oh no need to answer won't be read

Vacuous post only help the cause. Carry on posting mate. Sorry that you will not see my witty reply now I am on your ignore list. Or did you lie about this as well...... we will soon see.

OT

Sounds fair enough to most and am sure it will sound fair at the UN.

An election looks like democracy in action.... as opposed to a coup, constitution change and Elite (cant say army now as they are not keen to back them) mob closing an airport.

Think the call for Democracy gets lost here sometime.... what say you traderjm? oh, you won't see this will you, and in any case you never offer much other than sneers and insults.

Missing you already

There will be no UN intervention -- even thinking that might happen betrays your lack of understanding of both the UN and the situation here. Elections will be held when the parliamentary party in power either calls for them or is obliged to hold them by statute. If it happens as a result of a tiny minority holding the overwhelming majority hostage through violence, you simply cannot call it democracy.

I seems as if EVERY thread about current events gets hijacked back to the yellow airport incident. I think this should be a mod issue. ONE thread to talk about that. It shouldn't be acceptable for this done to the death aspect of it to dominate EVERY other topic, especially now, that Thailand is possibly on the verge of civil war.

Hey JT, I have something that will put a smile even on your face....

been hearing all kinds of names for the multicolour groups, m and m's and so on but here is mine.

"Rainbow Warriors" copyright bkkjames 2010 :)

*SIGH* where do they keep coming from? I thought it was LOW season now so all the tourists left...

Regardless of polictal views; a lack of prosecution of criminals does make other criminals believe that they can commit the same or similar crimes without being punished as well.

If all murders and rapists and drug dealers stopped being arrested and prosecuted, it stands to reason that there would be a whole lot more people commiting those crimes...

So it is a valid argument that if the yellow leaders were currently sitting in a jail cell for their crimes, the red leaders may never have had the balls to begin the protests at all....

Since the yellows were not prosecuted, the red leaders likely feel that they should not be afraid of prosecution as well, so no risk...

PAD and Abhisit are simply hypocrites :)

in this video ( in Thai ) Abhisit is arguing that the government must act responsibly by resigning :D

"We don't want you to risk your lives. If there is a clash you could be hurt by stray bullets," said army spokesman Sunsern Kaewkumnerd. "Your time is running out. Please leave the area."

-------------

Whether you are one evil side or the other evil side, or 'properly' on neither, you all have to get a chuckle out of this Comment!?

Come on that is NOT what he said in Thai, is it?

These bullets, where would they be 'straying' from? Are they going to 'straying' down the wrong soi?

Are they lost bullets that have home to go to, but will 'stray' through reds first?

I think the line . Your time on earth is running out is probably properly translated.

WHAT is a 'stray' bullet?

The truth is of course that the time is running out for the government. although the EC commissioner who is closely related to DP faked a sickness yesterday the other 4 commissioners forwarded the case to the court which will debate about it on April 26th. This could mean that Abhisit could be history very quickly and be banned for 5 years. Given the fact that one of the cases has dragged on for 5 years also people like Chuan, Sanan (who switched parties) will face a ban. This might be the start of a fresh period in Thai politics with all old faces gone.

In the meantime the army does not leave one single thing to scare off foreigners. Heaviy armed soldiers in a red light district, horrific clips on the internet and foreign TV and the mentioning of the word terrorists in every sentence. Even a comment in the Nation, which was there yesterday makes clear that even the most hardcore yellow shirts (who call themselves suddenly multicolored) are iskc of it. and let's be fair the Nation was instrumental in the coup and is the mouthpiece of the elite.

You can see as clear as day that the reds are itching to close down any news source antipathetic to Thaksin and his red thug army if the opportunity presents itself.

As the red apologists sense that their million man march has not quite achieved the objectives set for itself,

The last vestiges of restraint are thrown off and the pure strain of nastiness passes like an electrical charge through water from the red platform straight through to the forum red apologists.

Now they are in disarray.

Who now wants to go to war for an election in June rather than November?

After all the red leaders have hidden from their supporters the real reason for the fight over election dates.

The remaining hard care are lumpen-proletarian thugs on pay.

It is their 'job' now.

Don't want to lose that.

Ultimately Thaksin's forum cheerleading team are sustained by the threat of force.

It exhilarates them. While they sense they have the upper hand.

As the Bangkok locals increasingly shake off the fear of confronting the red thugs,

The forum red team will demonise them and retreat to their regional bunker rationale.

Throwing out the class war ballast to stay afloat.