Bangkok: Assailants Fired M-79 Grenades At Sala Daeng Skytrain Station

webfact

Watching live News Asia report on television. Reporter states Reds are shooting bottle rockets at multi-color shirts- you can hear the explosions on the broadcast. He says army/police are standing around doing nothing. Un-f'ing believable.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these people firing the m-79 granades are none of the protesters, its other people trying to cause a bigger problem than what is happening.

These granades have been going off long time before the protesters came, not as regular but since the protesters have arrived, they thought they'd join in, whoever they are they have there own agenda.

Applause. You seem to know what's going on. Glad I'm not alone.

While I agree there is no direct proof that the reds fired these and other shots, I am having a hard time seeing all this. If the Government are innocent, why have they not made a single arrest of any of these shooters, with all the high tech surveillance they have, plus the man power on hand it does seem strange, but by the same token, if the reds are innocent, one would think they would be out to prove it. How is it then, that all these attacks have happened in or close to their mob/group and no one has seen or heard anything???? You don't get a silencer for an M79 grenade launcher, despite what you may have seen on the movies, so how is it, that a shooter can fire off 6 grenades tonight - count them 6 - and no one saw or heard anything? I find that a little hard to believe too. I hope some time soon, we get hard proof of just who is doing the shooting and why. I don't believe the Government are that stupid, or that they would take such a risk even if it did suit their agenda. If it was the south, I think we would have heard some victory shout or propaganda spiel. As I say, there is no direct proof it was the reds, but it is a fact that they are armed to the teeth with weapons ranging from a bamboo spear, nail studded maces, to hand guns and full automatic rifles. They had weapons from the beginning of this protest, if not so many. Not all the "red guards" are brainless thugs, so I'm very surprised that not one of them has seen or heard a thing. If they produced a shooter that proved it's not them doing it, surely that would do a lot for their cause? Remember that video that was shown of a black clothed person firing an M79 from among the reds? If they were not involved, why didn't they grab him? Takes quite a bit of time to reload one of those guns, so it wasn't the "danger factor" stopping them....... Meanwhile, Me and my family are staying well the hel_l out of central Bangkok. Hope they catch those responsible soon, as too many people have died and been injured in this "past it's use by date" protest. My sympathies to family and friends of those who died and were injured today.

"cheguevara", why don't you just shut up and stop spamming. It's so obvious you are posting propaganda. You even signed up to the board around the same time the reds came to bangkok.

Because he's having fun getting a rise out of people, rather like his alter ego levelhead. funny how the two of them are never around at the same time, yet post the same nonsense.

Watching live News Asia report on television. Reporter states Reds are shooting bottle rockets at multi-color shirts- you can hear the explosions on the broadcast. He says army/police are standing around doing nothing. Un-f'ing believable.

The army is busy with something else. Guess what?

Let's please remember that we don't know who launched these bomb attacks. According to Channel 7, one pink shirt was seen beating up a red shirt at the SkyTrain station, who he thought was responsible for the attacks. The man is now in the hospital in serious condition.

That's a good start.

Why are you pro-violence?

Oh, good... we have a solution in sight? Which one? :)

Let's please remember that we don't know who launched these bomb attacks.

you are sure right with that and I anyway dont trust the massmedia.

Nevertheless a better promotion campaign Thailand cant get to attract foreigners for AMAZING THAILAND :)

I hope Thaksin will have to pay a few hundred million by tomorrow for dead red shirts - those who actively commit the terrorist acts and those who still support them deserve to die - tonight please

What nationality are you again? "Let's kill all those people that support terrorists and run around killing people!" . Throw "Saddam is bad", "You're either with us or against us!" and "Weapons of Mass Destruction" into the same bin.

Your response makes absolutely no sense what so ever ...too much jaa baa?

ONLY A DEAD TERRORIST IS A GOOD TERRORIST

The are a lot of them in Bangkok right now conveniently gathered in one place shoot the lot than pick the rest off the streets and be done with!!!!!!

comments like this will get a lot of farangs hurt in bangkok and thailand.... :):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cheesy:

If you look at Thai TV now, you will see this odious criminal, banned politician and coup plotter. This is the man who wants to be power broker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

If ever the Army should take action against somebody it is him.

He has organised the mob as Silom and sent them in against the Reds.

Anupong. It's your time now, take this creep out of circulation.

If you look at Thai TV now, you will see this odious criminal, banned politician and coup plotter. This is the man who wants to be power broker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

If ever the Army should take action against somebody it is him.

He has organised the mob as Silom and sent them in against the Reds.

Anupong. It's your time now, take this creep out of circulation.

The army is busy with something else. Guess what?

No comment on the bottle rocket assault?

BTW, I'm glad you attribute that quote in your signature to Che, otherwise I would have thought it came from the leader of your cause - Thaksin :)

Edited by Netfan

All we know is that the government has denied independent investigations into the April 10 clashes. And they will probably deny independent investigations into today's attacks as well. So make up your own conclusions, folks.

You are wrong, they invited all political major parties into investigation plus the red shirt leaders. If it is not more than fair, then you are a fool?

From Veen:

" SAD!!!! Jutuorn said Silom explosions had nothing to do with reds then he opened the music and let redshirts dance merrily."

Dance and be merry? These people are sick. Zero sympathy for any of these celebrating merrymakers if the military takes further action. They deserve what could come. Sick, sick, sick.

Would appreciate a video or a credible source of the above statement please. Thank you.

http://twitter.com/veen_NT

That's not a credible source, that's babbling from a blogger with less followers than my grandmother.

That would appear similar to yourself.

All we know is that the government has denied independent investigations into the April 10 clashes. And they will probably deny independent investigations into today's attacks as well. So make up your own conclusions, folks.

My conclusion is you are a red true believer and wouldn't care if the reds bombed 50 stations and there was hard core proof it it.

I've been quite neutral on this issue, don't you think? My first post said that we don't know who it was, don't jump to conclusions, yet you've been claiming red shirt terrorism all over the forum. But you have no proof. That's not Democracy. In a Democracy, you need proof before you can blame it on someone.

You have not shown any proof, so stop blaming it on the red shirts.

Stop your false statements.

Like Weng's proof from his CD of Abhisit calling for the death of Red Shirts. Really Che, you're starting to sound like you're out of breath. It was an act of terrorism against people going home from work or against the army who were stationed an the skytrain (in which case it was an act of war.)

I'm getting paid 6500 Baht per day as someone claimed above, making 195,000 Baht per month, like every other red shirt demonstrator on the streets.

Didn't someone say it was 6500 baht per week? as opposed to per day?

Am I right? Is Che wrong?

Wow, so I'm only getting 26,000 a month. Still not as bad as working in a 7-Eleven, I guess.

Suthep: It's obvious from investigation that the M79s were fired from the King Rama VI statute

If this is true, this area is absolutely red territory. If the grenades were fired from this area, I can't see how the reds weren't complicit.

I'm getting paid 6500 Baht per day as someone claimed above, making 195,000 Baht per month, like every other red shirt demonstrator on the streets.

Didn't someone say it was 6500 baht per week? as opposed to per day?

Am I right? Is Che wrong?

what a bullshit, maybe someone here can count with 80000 protestors and how much that would be :D :D :D even Mr.T went bankrupt in the meantime :)

I suggest the farmers better go back soon and take care for the coming rain and for SAVING THE WATER.....much more important when the Mekhong falls dry next year :D

and btw, the real CHEGUEVARA was not an idiot!

Edited by moskito

They are saying the court order doesn't mean a heck of a lot. Obviously a court cannot tell authority they cannot tell those empowered to uphold the law they cannot protect the public, property or themselves or for that matter uphold the law. So, all the police need to do is try to enforce even a small measure of the law on an unruly red and you can be sure the Reds will attack.

......you're starting to sound like you're out of breath. It was an act of terrorism against people going home from work or against the army who were stationed an the skytrain (in which case it was an act of war.)

Difficult for it be an act of war :

"....an act of aggression by a country against another with which it is nominally at peace."

I guess many would like it to be though, it would give them a reason to go all out.

Edited by firestar

From Veen:

" SAD!!!! Jutuorn said Silom explosions had nothing to do with reds then he opened the music and let redshirts dance merrily."

Dance and be merry? These people are sick. Zero sympathy for any of these celebrating merrymakers if the military takes further action. They deserve what could come. Sick, sick, sick.

Would appreciate a video or a credible source of the above statement please. Thank you.

Just been on Ch3 news. You are IN Thailand, I assume and can see the local tv networks, or are you just making some stuff up in your bedroom somewhere in Illinois while your parents downstairs think you're doing your homework?

What are you talking about, I'm in Dubai. Just got back from Fiji.

And on that note "Che'" goes into ignore ----- senseless trolling

can you please shut these threads to comments (and sorry to have to post one myself to ask)? lots of people come here for information and not speculation/opinion/argument from random people.

Well said that man! but i do wish for peace in this land, since i have lived here for 6 years.

......you're starting to sound like you're out of breath. It was an act of terrorism against people going home from work or against the army who were stationed an the skytrain (in which case it was an act of war.)

Difficult for it be an act of war :

"....an act of aggression by a country against another with which it is nominally at peace."

I think you should explain that to Neurath in layman's terms :)