Holiday 1st Stop Bangkok

Juzrelax

Flying to BKK from Aus arriving this Sunday morning. I have been many times including a 4 month working holiday teaching in BKK. I'm usually pretty casual bout civil unrest ect, but it seems to me that things are starting to get a bit out of hand in the capital. Protests are one thing, but it's getting very close to a civil war.

I had planned to stay at the Majestic Suites for 2 nights to catch up with friends and head out on the drink before heading to the missus' family home in Suphanburi.

My thought's are that the risk outweighs the benefit, and I would be better of getting car to Suphan from the airport & giving Bangkok a miss.

To those that are in BKK now what are your thoughts?

staying in bangkok will invalidate your insurance policy, if you have one, as I believe australia adviced today morning not to travel to bangkok. On the ground of this warning your can ask your airline to cancel or postpone your ticket, unless you really have to go now. Who knows how the situation develops and what disruption to travel to and from, as well within thailand, you can expect in a few weeks time

I was out drinking around the Soi 4, 5 and 7 area last night and ended up in the Nana disco. No problems at all, I didn't see any demonstrators as they are all a couple of miles away by Paragon. I finished up about 5am then took a taxi home. Business as usual in that area.

I work and hang around on Silom everyday. For myself I don't mind, but I would not bring my children there.

But if you stay around Sukhumvit you won't have any problem and will not even notice the terrorist activities that are in the city.

I went there for dinner a couple nights ago and could not see anything.

Just avoid Sala Deang and Central World area if you are worried, rest of Bangkok is just fine.