I have just been searching for travel insurance for my wife and have discovered a very helpful insurance brokers in Hua Hin (AA insurance Hua Hin)

They have a very good travel insurance that I have just taken out for both myself and my wife....anyway I will include their phone numbers if you are interested.

By the way they are dutch and speak immaculate English.

<FONT size=4 face=Tahoma><EM>+66 (0)81 0067008

Just as an extra thought ...I was considering whether or not I personally needed travel insurance but after the last weeks events with all the flights cancelled there is no question any more. Dont forget the insurance covers delays etc.

HL :)

I dont know what went wrong with my first post, sorry...heres the number again

HL :)

AA Insurance Brokers

Wong Chomsin Building,

83/14 Phetkasem Road, Office 504,

Hua Hin, Prachuab Khiri Khan, 77110, Thailand.

Tel./Fax: +66 (0)32 532783

Mob.: +66 (0)89 4100163

email: huahinaa (at) hotmail.com

Edited by 7by7
Email address modified to thwart spambots.

Though it's not a legal requirement to have travel insurance in the UK she would be unwise to travel without it.

Whilst it's true that a visitor to the UK can get treatment on the NHS, it's only for emergency treatment and they can and do charge for any follow up treatment, also they will decide what is an emergency and what isn't.

I have personally used World Nomads unsurance, it can be purchsed online and is very cost effective http://www.worldnomads.com/?gclid=CNWVnviNnaECFcRS6wodc1PVwA

The forum sponsors Thaivisa insurance are also worth a look.

Edited by theoldgit

Insurance for what , NHS is free, sorry paid by us tax payers , but she can receive free treatment

As theoldgit says, she can't; from the Dept. of Health Are you visiting the United Kingdom?

The law says that the hospital providing treatment must decide if each patient is entitled to free NHS hospital treatment. The hospital will ask you to provide evidence to confirm your eligibility......

You will have to pay the full cost of all the treatment you receive, including emergency treatment, given by staff at a hospital or by staff employed by a hospital. However, there are some services that are free of charge to everyone:

Treatment given only in an Accident and Emergency (A&E) department or in a NHS Walk-in Centre providing services similar to those of an A&E department (excludes emergency treatment given elsewhere in the hospital).......

(My emphasis)

My lady came on a holiday visa two years ago,( to the UK}, She had a small problem which needed prescription medication, I took her to A>E, They treated her No problem, I asked about paying, the Doctor said that they cannot refuse to treat people, there is a Hypocritical oath, they take when they become doctors, And They treat immediate problems free. Not that I agree with it, I do think Insurance is a good thing.

Edited by Thongkorn

As you can see from the Dept. of Health information quoted; initial treatment at an A&E department is free. It is any follow up treatment that is chargeable. Also, it is up to individual hospitals, GP's etc. to interpret the regulations and decide whether to charge or not. That one person was treated for free does not guarantee that another will be.

BTW, doctors take the Hippocratic oath, not a Hypocritical one; which would be something completely different!