Papers Needed To Sell A Bike

silentnine

HI all.

when buying a bike as a farang i know we need the immigration paper for ourselves to register the bike..

however when selling the same it seems a little confusing.

my friend sold his bike to another guy around 8 months ago while he was in thailand. he is no longer here.

and i bumped into the guy who bought it (another farang) the other day . he said he was unable to re register the bike as in addition to the receipt and copies of the passport he now was being told he needed the immigration paper. which of course he will never get unless the other guy comes back to thailand.

i asked around and information is different depending who is asked. some saying not needed, other saying needed, and another saying needed and also that you have to do it quick when you get it as the buyer can only rereg while the paper still has at least a few weeks left on it.

if it is needed to sell as well as to buy then that would also inidicate that to sell a vehicle you have to be here and hence your wife or family can not do it on your behalf even with passport copies and/or letters of authority

The introduction of needing the residence slip from immigration from the seller seemed to start early this year (on Phuket) and is now 100% needed. Thats in addition to current entry stamps and TM7 card.

If the farang has left then hes SOL and the bike is now in that nasty limbo state and worth little. Of course 'fixers' can sometimes get these things overcome but on Phuket the prices are not in 100's of baht.

In the second hand market.. Always always get it all done before full payment is made.

The introduction of needing the residence slip from immigration from the seller seemed to start early this year (on Phuket) and is now 100% needed. Thats in addition to current entry stamps and TM7 card.

started 2 years ago in Petchbury and Prechuap Kirikan and....