What Percentage Of Thai Women Pay Their Way?

Longbow212

I would be pretty sure THB 50k or even 100k/m, a Hi-So does not make... :)

And all this, "If they didn't pay their way...wouldnt date them again, " I dated a Thai airways flight attendant and dumped her cos she didnt pay"etc etc......in your dreams boys....

Why do you say that? The only reason a hi-so wouldn't make that kind of money, is because their family is so wealthy they don't have to work at all. In which case 50/100k would be pocket change.

As for your second comment. Are you insinuating an air hostess is such a catch that it would be impossible to stop dating her??

Yet another post on TV where someone is calling someone else a lier, based on their own poor standards! :D

I NEVER met any Thai woman making anything close to 50k bht per month. I've never had the opportunity to mix & mingle with the high-so crowd, as so many of you fortunate gents. Where I live, the locals I meet are lucky to make 5K, if they have a job at all. I only met one in 6 years, where I wasn't expected to pay (on a date). She was an anomaly. Her education and income was quite above the norm that I see.

the hi- so crowd are a joke, pathetic, zero class....zero real brain's

they have no idea how stupid they look

have you seen that hi-so mag- itz

they think a gucci makes them something they can never be

yuo cannot buy class, class is something you get by treating people well

most ladys here are poor, pay for them if you can

I have been with my girlfriend 5 years now, we have 2 children and married last year.

She is a fantastic mother, works part time if she wants as she can use computer sewing machines.

If she stays at home I am happy, and if she works I am happy. Up to her

I support her and she keeps money she earns.

this way children have great interaction with parents.

If you were a Thai man you would welcome the opportunity to show how generous you are, and leaving the date having paid for all of it would make you feel pretty good about yourself. There would be no negative emotions at all. It's cultural, as you guessed.

I NEVER met any Thai woman making anything close to 50k bht per month. I've never had the opportunity to mix & mingle with the high-so crowd, as so many of you fortunate gents. Where I live, the locals I meet are lucky to make 5K, if they have a job at all. I only met one in 6 years, where I wasn't expected to pay (on a date). She was an anomaly. Her education and income was quite above the norm that I see.

You dont have to b e hi-so to get a good income, my wife is from the North like many, but able to think a bit.

90,000 bht per month? What is her job, might I ask and her education. Many Thai gov't officials with many years service don't make that. The highest earning woman I ever met here was an Amway "top dog" who said she made 140,000. Since I remembered this lady from a few years back, I will have to correct my first statement, that I have met one that made over 50,000. I am talking about women who I might have been considering for a relationship, who were also available.

Some of them are silly and full of themselves as you say, but many are personable, intelligent, humble, witty, artistic and traveled and infinitely more interesting spending time with than "pay for them" ladies. A nice feeling it is to be with people on a level playing field that don't need your money, just enjoy your company.

Some of them are silly and full of themselves as you say, but many are personable, intelligent, humble, witty, artistic and traveled and infinitely more interesting spending time with than "pay for them" ladies. A nice feeling it is to be with people on a level playing field that don't need your money, just enjoy your company.

Amazing! Are you trying to tell everyone that interesting, nice, stupid, greedy, and any other adjective type people can be found in all walks of life? I.. I don't think this forum is ready for such a leap of faith.

My gal pays her way with her platinum card everywhere we go. I met her by chance whilst looking to buy some Gold in China Town. Her family are very affluent and of Chinese origin. She drives a Benz has skin whiter then an albino's backside and speaks proper English fluently. Guess we all not as lucky as me, oh well such is life, chin chin.

My gal pays her way with her platinum card everywhere we go. I met her by chance whilst looking to buy some Gold in China Town. Her family are very affluent and of Chinese origin. She drives a Benz has skin whiter then an albino's backside and speaks proper English fluently. Guess we all not as lucky as me, oh well such is life, chin chin.

Please sit down.....your trousers are flapping as you speak....... :)

Amazing! Are you trying to tell everyone that interesting, nice, stupid, greedy, and any other adjective type people can be found in all walks of life? I.. I don't think this forum is ready for such a leap of faith.

Agreed, it would sound like an abstract concept to some.

If you were a Thai man you would welcome the opportunity to show how generous you are, and leaving the date having paid for all of it would make you feel pretty good about yourself. There would be no negative emotions at all. It's cultural, as you guessed.

True, generosity is a virtue worth having, but not for showing off. There are times in life when you need to be able to recognise when your generosity is being taken advantage of.

Actually, even a "thank you for dinner" at the end of the night would cast away any doubts about her intentions if the bill remained unnoticed on the table until I paid it.

As a foreigner, Thai friends have said it's not a bad way to judge her thoughts and intentions towards you particularly if you are young and dating a girl the same age.

then they are not " hi-so" that term only refers to fools who think they can buy class, look good, impress people- but in truth are just a joke- alaughing stick, I love and have fits looking at that hi-so magazine

do they know how stupid they look? it really a sign of a backward culture,mentality

whom you talk of are gentlefolk, of which Thailand has many....thankfully

Why is an air hostess seen as "such a catch" ?? (in a normal light and not compared/related to a bar girl)

Since traditionally girls working for Thai Airways etc was upper middle-class or Hi-so, and got their job partly due to connections. It was all about the perceived face/status of the job.

Hence the outrage when they tried to make a scandalous soap-opera based on air hostesses a few years back.

But I can bet she refuses BJs? :)

I have seen girls make this kind of money before and no they are not hi so. Most of the girls i met and dated paid if they did not i would not go out with them again. I never dated the really poor girls because usually they did not speak any english.

I think it depends on the kind that you meet and how you look yourself. If you date a 20yo while your 50 fat and ugly then expect to pay. Are you both in the same age range and there is real love then its more likely.

Before i get flamed... this is in general there are of course 20yo models girls that like older fat guys.. but they are rare.

We found the full and complete answer to this question. End of thread. :)

In regular relationships where both parties are on equal terms financially, you have a good variety of who pays. I think it is representative of girl personality. Some just expect to be taken care of and be more submissive, whereas others want to be be more domineering or equal in every respect...

That said if you are the 50yo 'dating' a 20yo hottie, then think of the dinner tabs as good value for this sort of arrangement.

When I first met my thai G/F in September 2009 after meeting through the internet she would not allow me to pay towards anything saying that I was her guest.She earned 58,000 baht/month in Bangkok-chinese/thai from a nice family.

You dont have to b e hi-so to get a good income, my wife is from the North like many, but able to think a bit.

90,000 bht per month? What is her job, might I ask and her education. Many Thai gov't officials with many years service don't make that. The highest earning woman I ever met here was an Amway "top dog" who said she made 140,000. Since I remembered this lady from a few years back, I will have to correct my first statement, that I have met one that made over 50,000. I am talking about women who I might have been considering for a relationship, who were also available.

Sent u a pm she's got a degree BA in marketing she had to come to Bangkok form Issan aged 14 to work to pay for her education she used local temples to learn English they gave classes there.

Sent u a pm she's got a degree BA in marketing she had to come to Bangkok form Issan aged 14 to work to pay for her education she used local temples to learn English they gave classes there.

great, beautiful example that counters all those racist generalizations....you are a lucky man indeed, and I sense, you wife is a lucky lady too-and one to respect

When I first met my thai G/F in September 2009 after meeting through the internet she would not allow me to pay towards anything saying that I was her guest.She earned 58,000 baht/month in Bangkok-chinese/thai from a nice family.

BKK Chinese ain't quite the same as Issan rural. Apples & oranges I do say. I would also bet your lady is over 35 or 40?

Perhaps there is just not the kind of opportunity in Thailand for women that would allow them to all to get jobs let alone at a rate of pay anywhere near that of a man. Also that women feel more obliged to help their familes when they do have money and are often single parents because the father has left to plant his seed with other women with no expectation or accountability to ever pay a dime towards their kid's support. Wonder if this is also why Thai women also provide so much more respect, care and concern as well as waiting on men hand and foot.

My GF is also very white but also looks like she is 16. I get frustrated at this when we go to clubs and they card her but I am able to forgive this because she ALWAYS picks up the tab. I never once have to use the credit cards she has given me when we go out. We have a huge house with 5-bedrooms and a guest house I often use for my second GF (first GF encourages this because she wants me to be happy). She is selfish from time to time though as she bought us two top of the line matching Mercedes but the one she picked out for me had a black interior when she should have known I wanted brown. Sometimes she just thinks too much of herself and forgets my wants but once I put her in her place it is a long time before she makes these kinds of mistakes again. But I still feel tired after after having to scold her and it is time i really prefer not to take away from watching TV or making it with GF #2. Because she takes care of all the bills and house payments and such, the 300k baht a month she gives me for fun is not really a complaint as she also pays a salary to GF #2 but I am really starting to think I should find a more giving Thai girl to be with.

My GF is also very white but also looks like she is 16. I get frustrated at this when we go to clubs and they card her but I am able to forgive this because she ALWAYS picks up the tab. I never once have to use the credit cards she has given me when we go out. We have a huge house with 5-bedrooms and a guest house I often use for my second GF (first GF encourages this because she wants me to be happy). She is selfish from time to time though as she bought us two top of the line matching Mercedes but the one she picked out for me had a black interior when she should have known I wanted brown. Sometimes she just thinks too much of herself and forgets my wants but once I put her in her place it is a long time before she makes these kinds of mistakes again. But I still feel tired after after having to scold her and it is time i really prefer not to take away from watching TV or making it with GF #2. Because she takes care of all the bills and house payments and such, the 300k baht a month she gives me for fun is not really a complaint as she also pays a salary to GF #2 but I am really starting to think I should find a more giving Thai girl to be with.

:):D life's a bitch isnt it!

BKK Chinese ain't quite the same as Issan rural. Apples & oranges I do say. I would also bet your lady is over 35 or 40?

She,s 41-eldest of 4 sisters 1 brother-beautifull person-yes and I understand about apples&oranges BTW I am 61 years young 555555

I've known girls pay more than their way and they are very rare and special in ways much more important than money. When I am ready to settle down, thats what I shall once again be in the market for. Simple.