Penalty For Not Reporting In 90 Days ?

Yep 2000 Baht, happened to me last year after the Immigration Officer who processed the extension of my leave to remain, incorrectly, told me that counted as a report. The work experience girl who spotted it couldn't contain her excitment.

I think the reporting slip actually says a maximum of 5000 Baht, but I don't think that is ever imposed.

Yep 2000 Baht, happened to me last year after the Immigration Officer who processed the extension of my leave to remain, incorrectly, told me that counted as a report. The work experience girl who spotted it couldn't contain her excitment.

I think the reporting slip actually says a maximum of 5000 Baht, but I don't think that is ever imposed.

Not only does it say 5000 baht it also says 200 baht per day until you report that's 5k is for the first 90 days. So if you blew it from the start it could cost you 60,000 baht. It"s been a long time since they have enforced this

The normal fine is 2k (or 4K if caught in a violation). The max fine is 5k and the 200 baht per day appears to refer to non payment fee if you do not pay when requested (not a payment for overdue days) but is not defined. Have not seen any report of it being used for anyone yet.

I just asked about this because I have never ever done this in the 18+ years I have been here. I use an agency to handle and process my annual marriage or child visa and they never mentioned it, and it has never come up at renewal time or when I leave the country. Does it apply for all visa types? I can't see why I would be ignored unless it is not applicable across the board or if the agency I use has some kind of 'understanding' with immigration.

Do you visit Immigration yourself for your yearly stamp? If not I would suspect there is something very wrong.

This reporting was never asked for until a few years and and has been hit and miss but in the last year they have become very active in enforcement. Those that have never done but start have received the normal 2,000 baht fine from reports we have seen.

I just asked about this because I have never ever done this in the 18+ years I have been here. I use an agency to handle and process my annual marriage or child visa and they never mentioned it, and it has never come up at renewal time or when I leave the country. Does it apply for all visa types? I can't see why I would be ignored unless it is not applicable across the board or if the agency I use has some kind of 'understanding' with immigration.

I used to not do this either, and I've been back since September 1989. Note, tho, that it's an old regulation, Item #5 on the old Arrival/Departure card, copy kindly supplied by one of the mods. Couldn't plead ignorance back then when it's stapled right in your passport, but who reads such things...., not me.

Then they started to enforce the rule so it seemed to be a good idea to comply. And since they seem to enter the data in their computers, I figured that some day it'd be tied in with Departure Control at the various border points, and I'd have to pay more then. So, been reporting now for a number of years.

Mac

post-32650-1272170457_thumb.jpg

I used to not do this either, and I've been back since September 1989. Note, tho, that it's an old regulation, Item #5 on the old Arrival/Departure card, copy kindly supplied by one of the mods. Couldn't plead ignorance back then when it's stapled right in your passport, but who reads such things...., not me.

Then they started to enforce the rule so it seemed to be a good idea to comply. And since they seem to enter the data in their computers, I figured that some day it'd be tied in with Departure Control at the various border points, and I'd have to pay more then. So, been reporting now for a number of years.

Mac

Well I might just start doing that too. The initial fine is no big deal to me, but the 200 a day could add up!