My Girlfriends New Tattoo

mark45y

It's fine not to like tattoos, but trying to draw correlations between getting ink done and social status, education or personality is absolutely ridiculous.

Tattoo's historically have been associated with a certain class of society!, like it or not.

Strewth I would be a bit stunned if my GP, Physician,Bank manager, solicitor, dentist, Clergy etc were decorated with "Love & Hate", Daggers, Swans,Spiders webs etc.

Plus I spent over 25 years in the ranks and I did not see many of our Officer class with Tats, especially the Polo pony lot! from Windsor

Can we assume from this that you are well past 50 and didn't shower with your officers? :) I am sure you would be "a bit stunned" by how many of the people you listed that you know do in fact have tattoos :D

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a new girl who doesn't have tattoos if that's your preference.

This thread is getting absurd, does anybody choose a partner based on weight, height, tattoos, nationality, whatever?

Pitiful.

Yes, we do.

Not all of us have to 'settle for the breadcrumbs'.

I go with the sort of woman I choose to. I am certainly also not desperate to have taken anything on offer. For me - Fat? No. Tall? No. Colour? Depends. Tattos? Sometimes if discreet. Common interests? Yes. Good personality? Yes.

I'd rather do without than have something not to my taste or to have a B/G.

Phutoie2, I couldn't disagree more. If the history you're referring to is some Victorian, long-sleeved swimming costume-wearing, nose-up tutting era, then you may have a point. Though if you're actually interested in discussing the historical significance of tattoos, I think you'll find they have been worn by nobles, warriors, the lower classes and just about everyone in between at different times for many different reasons. Some of the earliest records of tattoos date back to over 5000 years, so if you're stuck in some dusty conservative era where it wasn't ok call to call the parts of a chicken by their real names, then I feel sorry for ya! I like to call a breast a breast (and many other names too!).

I'm not arguing that we needn't to be aware of social trends and pressures, but really, this is the 21st century! Get with the times! Besides daggers, spiderwebs and and hearts are exactly the height of tattoo fashion any more....

Points taken Mr D, I have just recounted my tatts, 10 in total and I must admit most are mainly from a certain decade!, They all used to be highly coloured but now just a bit of a blurred mess. The last one done in 1981 on a run ashore in Larnaca, some Israeli guy if I recall. Happy days.

1. The needles that are used are ALWAYS sterile and you are always shown them being taken out of a new air tight packet.

2. What has having a tattoo got to do with working in a bar??........... There are alot of girls, even hi -so girls with tattoos, its called being individual and not following the flock.

If i was her I would be kicking you out for being so petty and small minded about tattooed girls.

Regards

VM

Agree but todays girls with tattoos seem to be the ones who lack individuality ... especially in Thailand. I do lol when they get tattoos without any ink.

Edited by jcbangkok

@Chonburiram.... and current! :D

@Phutoie2, I bet they were good times... In Cyprus with thousands of other seamen!? hel_l YEAH! :)

After a bit of research on the webernet, I have decided to recant... I submit these as evidence:

tumblr_kwo6kleKnG1qag6wfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_kwkl9vtMfm1qag6wfo1_400.png

129029784807919902.jpg

129146551661103172.jpg

It's fine not to like tattoos, but trying to draw correlations between getting ink done and social status, education or personality is absolutely ridiculous.

Tattoo's historically have been associated with a certain class of society!, like it or not.

Strewth I would be a bit stunned if my GP, Physician,Bank manager, solicitor, dentist, Clergy etc were decorated with "Love & Hate", Daggers, Swans,Spiders webs etc.

Plus I spent over 25 years in the ranks and I did not see many of our Officer class with Tats, especially the Polo pony lot! from Windsor

In Western Society you have a point about "past" history.

Mark, step into the 21st century! Today, a tatoo is considered an artistic addition to the body. I don't think the general public associates a tatoo with a "working" lady of the evening. I also think you're not being fair to your gf if you make her cover up her tatoos every time you go out. Stop being so self centered and start enjoying her tatoos.

Do you live in Thailand or are you just talking out of your butt? The ENTIRE country associates tattoos with HOOKERS. Learn about where you live before you embarass yourself again :)

Must be the entire country where you live. I go swimming where many women and young girls (non-hookers) and the majority (especially younger ones) have tats. The vast majority represent their religion. Then there is whole other segment who get tattoos that cannot be seen (no-ink) but do so for religious reasons. Even some of the girls with tats get others that are invisible and done by monks.

In this town and I suspect most smaller Thai cities women with large noticeable tattoos work in the entertainment industry. My feelings are, since she knew I didn’t like tattoos her getting another one was a slap in my face and a sign that my feelings are going to be ignored from here on out.

But think about it ... who are you to control her and her body? It is her body or did she agree to submit to every demand you have in regards to her dress, make-up, hair cut, nail length & color ....

A bar girl would likely be more desperate in terms of accepting these kinds of controlling behaviors of yours.

And I don't mean the above in a bad way at all. I just think people should treat each other they way they would like to be treated in a relationship and nobody wants to be controlled when it comes to their own body ... well except maybe the S&M folk.

But I do find it interesting she went and did this without talking to you. Has it occurred to you that maybe she is sick of being controlled and you being embarrassed and ashamed or by her body to the point of asking her to cover certain areas when you go out???

Mark, step into the 21st century! Today, a tatoo is considered an artistic addition to the body. I don't think the general public associates a tatoo with a "working" lady of the evening. I also think you're not being fair to your gf if you make her cover up her tatoos every time you go out. Stop being so self centered and start enjoying her tatoos.

Do you live in Thailand or are you just talking out of your butt? The ENTIRE country associates tattoos with HOOKERS. Learn about where you live before you embarass yourself again :)

Must be the entire country where you live. I go swimming where many women and young girls (non-hookers) and the majority (especially younger ones) have tats. The vast majority represent their religion. Then there is whole other segment who get tattoos that cannot be seen (no-ink) but do so for religious reasons. Even some of the girls with tats get others that are invisible and done by monks.

This is in Thailand??? This whole tattoo thing is about Thailand.

I honestly don't think the attitude in Thailand so cut-and-dried as some people are making it out to be. Each tattoo really needs to be judged on it's own merits or lack there of. Do the tattoos look like prozzy tats? Or are they artistic and interesting?

Also it should be said that she was clearly thinking about you and what you might think when she ***called you from the tattoo shop**. Perhaps she was trying to get you down there to talk to you, but you blew her off. Perhaps that speaks volumes about how much you care about her feelings??

Focus people, focus!

He's told us that his girlfriend used to be his maid. Maybe still is his maid. You don't take the maid for a ride on the company jet when the other board members are watching.

If you don't know that she must remain your dirty little secret, you really shouldn't be messing around with her.

If you were dating the Admiral's Daughter and she got a tattoo then I would say you had a problem, but I dare say she would have a bigger problem with her dad. Sounds like that would be the better girl for you to date. More compatible. Admirals Daughters seldom have unsightly tats. This information was brought to you by Farangipedia: The Expat site where everything is true until proven utter tripe!

The maid thing. I hired her for 300 baht a day to keep the house clean and sleep there at night. I told her she could work any where she wanted but I would like her home by midnight or so. During the day she could do whatever. I figured a couple of hours work would clean the dishes and condo. This worked OK.

Then I had an unexpected problem and needed an operation which meant I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and knocked out during the operation and 8 hours or so afterwards. The whole thing happened very quickly and I didn’t have time to arrange a nurse to stay with me. The maid stayed with me in a private room sleeping on the couch for the two weeks. It was a Thai hospital and she doesn’t speak any English which wasn’t much help except she kept an eye on my cell phone and wallet.

She could have ripped me off big time as she had access to my passport and credit cards during that time. She didn’t steal anything. During the hospital stay they did blood tests daily and since they were testing so many things gave me a good deal on an HIV test so I got that done too. I also got them to give me a discount to test her. So after we got home from the hospital we both knew we were healthy. This knowledge seemed to energize her sexual feelings and she became very active. I had mixed feelings about the whole thing but appreciated the fact that she didn’t steal from me when she had the opportunity. That was almost two years ago.

I still pay her daily and she goes home for a week every three months for which I pay the transportation and her daily rate while she is home.

She has saved the money out of her wages to buy a motorcycle and renovate her house.

Believe it or not I never initiate sex she does. She also goes to the video shop and rents R and X rated videos. I think 35 is a horny age for women but I am sure there are people here who have more experience than I.

She isn’t a brain trust but she says cute things. Kind of a natural comic without intending to be. I haven’t tried to teach her English because she does not want to learn and say studying gives her a headache.

I am not a very possessive guy and pay her to go out some nights so I can get some work done.

I never dated an admirals daughter. I did date the generals daughter and that was a big mistake.

i think the OP has too much time on his hands,or perhaps is a frustrated novelist.His replies are done on the run and made up as the thread goes along.but hey its amusing and gives everyone a chance to air some thoughts.

:), I like mark45y too; one of the nicer trolls here and often not too far from the mark.

In this town and I suspect most smaller Thai cities women with large noticeable tattoos work in the entertainment industry. My feelings are, since she knew I didn’t like tattoos her getting another one was a slap in my face and a sign that my feelings are going to be ignored from here on out.

But think about it ... who are you to control her and her body? It is her body or did she agree to submit to every demand you have in regards to her dress, make-up, hair cut, nail length & color ....

A bar girl would likely be more desperate in terms of accepting these kinds of controlling behaviors of yours.

And I don't mean the above in a bad way at all. I just think people should treat each other they way they would like to be treated in a relationship and nobody wants to be controlled when it comes to their own body ... well except maybe the S&M folk.

But I do find it interesting she went and did this without talking to you. Has it occurred to you that maybe she is sick of being controlled and you being embarrassed and ashamed or by her body to the point of asking her to cover certain areas when you go out???

Man, are you missing the point. She put a tattoo the size of a football on her shoulder. It looks awful.

It is the clash of cultures big time. Country girl brainwashed by Bangkok’s pseudo elite brain dead RCA pink pussycat and yappy little dog brigade bimbos against a solid conservative international businessman.

The GF took a product that was barely tolerable in the first place and made it worse.

It never occurred to me that she is tired of me controlling her because once in 100 outings I suggested she put on a jacket before we went out to eat at a restaurant.

I still really don’t know why she did it. After another couple of hours of discussion she said she did it to make her happy and didn’t discuss it with me before hand because she knew I would say I didn’t like it.

I tend to think there is some deep psychological reason for her action. Something to do with pain and debasement. She also likes Japanese Bondage movies. She especially likes the one where the older Japanese man sends his young wife to Paris and she is seduced by a young Parisian artist and bondage enthusiast. At the end of the movie you find out that the husband has been watching the whole thing through a two way mirror in the artists apartment. It is a big budget film and I assume got a lot of play in Japan although I have never seen it anywhere else.

I think she has some serious issues with control and submission but not in the way you are suggesting.

This whole thread has to be a wind up right :)

No the thread is not a wind up. She got home last night and I made a few comments to her. She asked me if I liked her tattoo and I said, “yes I assume you are going to start working in a bar because it looks the same as the other hookers in the bar.” This didn’t go over real big.

I thought it was better to write about my feelings than talk to her anymore. I was right I lived through the night and even made it to work at 8:00 AM.

in a nutshell, sounds like ur really hung up on the tattoo thing, so if u aint gonna look past it tell her to go <deleted> herself. Dont know what ur qualms are with tattoos really, but if it aint ur thing and u aint gonna get other it then move on, and stop this thread going another 10 pages.

think ur being a little over the top about it all, but it ur life and ur call. so go make the choice. much love

This reminds me of an incident that happened years ago. An acquaintance finished with his girlfriend because she started wearing high heeled pink shoes. The problem was in the colour, he claimed only ladies of the night wore pink shoes.

The more I hear, the more I say, kick the tatooed beyatch to the curb!

I used to think that Jingthing always towed the PC line. Little did I know that he is a reactionary when it comes to poor Thai protesters and tattooed women. Bill O'Reilly would be proud! :)

She must have very broad shoulders..

Surely she would only need broad shoulders if the tatoo read:-

"I LOVE BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB" :)

Ditch the bitch, she clearly has no respect for you and the tatoo is only a manifestation of issues in the relationship. You know this anyway.

Dump her, move on and then laugh in her face when she offers to have laser removal treatment (at your expense!).

2. There are alot of girls, even hi -so girls with tattoos, its called being individual and not following the flock.

Yes, we are all individuals... all how many million of us?

Remember, the tat that looks great on a tight 18-30 YO doesn't look so hot on a flabby 50+ YO.

The more I hear, the more I say, kick the tatooed beyatch to the curb!

I used to think that Jingthing always towed the PC line. Little did I know that he is a reactionary when it comes to poor Thai protesters and tattooed women. Bill O'Reilly would be proud! :)

I was clearly joking, but you really can't put people into neat little categories, case in point, all the REAL reactionary teabagger expats supporting a revolutionary movement with a significant Maoist faction.

Back to the decorated female, this is clearly more about the fact that she dissed her partner than the tattoo.

Edited by Jingthing