The Farang Industry

Loz

Sitting here in an internet cafe next to the owners son aged around 8-9. He is always here playing games. His Mum is sat behind him running the shop. Except she isn't she has 4 friends huddled around her pc VETTING farang on dating sites and dismissing (LOUD ENOUGH FOR HE AND I TO HEAR!!) them on the basis of "has no money", "won't give you money", "stingy".

day after day I witness this "Factory" approach to farming funds out of happless farang, while supposedly seeking true love. It has begun to wear on me, hence beginning this thread. What proportion of the population view farang as "Social Security"?

This links to another point about dating thai women. The point being, if they are actively seeking a farang, chances are good that they are farming them for funds under false pretenses. I find this a bit sickening. I know its a bit high handed, as I am not a target/victim or whatever, but the concept just erks me.

Amazing Thailand :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact only a small proportion of Thai women see farang-men as a kind of "Social Security". But of course this is the most "visible" proportion of Thai women because of all the bars, reputation, etc... Most farang (especially tourists) don't get an inside view from other parts of the Thai population.

Maybe get your own Internet line at home if you feel offended in the Internet Caffee... :)

Look around you, the answer is right in front of you. The vast majority, over 99%, are with Thais and have no interest in Farang at all. What percentage of the minority is just looking for a meal ticket, who knows, I guess it would be quite high.

I think you're wrong however, sugesting that because someone is actively seeking Farang that automaticaly means they are looking for a meal ticket. Some Thais will just fancy Farang and vice versa. I always liked asian women growing up, yet have friends who don't find them attractive at all.

Edited by WOOHOO

self ranked endowment status.... hmmm sounds like a recipe of honest answers :)

I raised this because I live in a little village near Korat and this out of the way little shop seems like a hot bed for the kind of goings on "SOME" members would have you beleive only happens in the big tourist areas.

Anyway, It was just a sad moment. It passed. Atleast thai women know what they are good for and play to their strengths, be it short term (more honest in my view) or long term.

Girl in the pizza shop spok very good english to me the other day. I asked her where she learned today when paying my bill. She was Squirming with embarassment until she finally confessed she had lived in Australia. Why so ashamed? I mean, maybe she got a scholarship to read for her PHD at a university there. Why should I automatically assume she shagged her way there and came back with enough cash for the cheeky little Vios she drives around in.

ANother "woman" there has just got a new (red plate) mazda 2. One doesn't have to guess too hard as to how she paid for it. Obviously it was from serving pizza. in our quiet little village.

Completely true, 100% of my encounters thru the internet ended with money request. So warning to all farang who meet gals on internet, be very careful and change name, phone email, etc as soon as the internet mate asks for money, is just the beginning and will never end

self ranked endowment status.... hmmm sounds like a recipe of honest answers :)

I know......

I am just already sick of the "All Thai women are out for my cash' threads....

Agree with you, but don't think this was one of those particularly.

Completely true, 100% of my encounters thru the internet ended with money request. So warning to all farang who meet gals on internet, be very careful and change name, phone email, etc as soon as the internet mate asks for money, is just the beginning and will never end

The internet wasn't able to find you a perfect life partner?? :) What is this world coming to.

The internet wasn't able to find you a perfect life partner?? :) What is this world coming to.

Probably one of them was perfect, but he put money above love, and blanked her

SC

Girl in the pizza shop spok very good english to me the other day. I asked her where she learned today when paying my bill. She was Squirming with embarassment until she finally confessed she had lived in Australia. Why so ashamed? I mean, maybe she got a scholarship to read for her PHD at a university there. Why should I automatically assume she shagged her way there and came back with enough cash for the cheeky little Vios she drives around in.

ANother "woman" there has just got a new (red plate) mazda 2. One doesn't have to guess too hard as to how she paid for it. Obviously it was from serving pizza. in our quiet little village.

Big assumptions, and not very nice ones.

If you see a black man driving a Benz, do you assume he's a drug dealer? - some people do.

Sorry but I don't get this. I seem to have this wierd affliction that leads me to venturing out of the door :D and into the street :) where I come into contact with these strange, but rather endearing, carbon based life forms.

Some of you <deleted>' geeks should try this.

LIFE IS NOT THE INTERNET.

I was the black man driving the benz. And I used to care way too much what people thought. THats a large part of what led me here. OBVIOUSLY I didn't know it was worse here. But there have been compensations.

Anyway, I don't really care. I was feeling provocative. My bad.

Live and let live. Sabai sabai.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.

Edited by Loz

Ps. I have to get out to go to the internet shop. And as its clear I was popping in after my dinner (out at the Italian restaurant) I obviously venture out. If I didn't I wouldn't find all these carbon based life forms to comment upon, now would I?

thai girls know whats up. guys who come here arent exactly the cream of the crop. they can take advantage of them and do!

Word! :)

If that is what personal example leads you to believe - fine by me

Needless to say my opinion differs - citing my own personal experience only of course.....

Big assumptions, and not very nice ones.

If you see a black man driving a Benz, do you assume he's a drug dealer? - some people do.

Statisticians?

Of course, he could be a pimp. Or a chauffeur. Or Head of the UK Racial Equality Commission.

I don't know what the big surprise is here - Just look around you.

As someone pointed out Thailand can't be accused of draining the west of the cream of the crop.

The evidence is in the myriad posts guys make about Thai women, something along the lines of how here in Thailand they have a wife/girlfriend who is young, beautiful x number of grades up the ladder from what they might have at home. Of course these beauties are attracted by the charm, good looks and personality of the Farangs they are with.

On another front, back in my single days our office administrator had a habit of recommending "lovely, reliable, honest, trustworthy, all round good Thai woman" - This was a regular thing and only came to an halt when I suggested that she might recommend a few "lovely, reliable, honest, trustworthy, all round good Thai woman" who had not recently been dumped by their Thai husband/boyfriend with the offspring of that relationship needing a father.

Nothing wrong with taking on such a responsibility, in truth doing so is something to be admired - But nevertheless, the Farang as a Welfare Option is a real reality that drives many Thai women to seek a foreign husband.

It's the money stupid. Which if nothing else is good reason to hang on to it.

Easy....don't look for girls on the internet, this rings true with girls of any land/race/culture, etc...why single-out out Thai girls???

why single-out out Thai girls???

Because this is a 'Thailand' related forum.... Hello!

Bitter...twisted?...look around my friend, you're telling me that EVERYTHING on this forum is related to Thailand we are Weserners and we are comparing to what we have already experienced in our homelands, if you are Thai, I understand...if not...wake up and smell the coffee!!! and...what was the point of your thread?

Edited by Eazy-Going

OMG

How bad is this.

get out more mate or go on an african chat site they are far worse

OMG

How bad is this.

get out more mate or go on an african chat site they are far worse

Why narrow it dowm to African? The www is global...happy hunting!!!