June 5, 200521 yr Ten days ago I had a sudden pain in my lower right back - I was only bending SLIGHTLY to place a book on my bed. It was just annoying for a few days but then moved to the top half of my right leg and is excrutiating in some positions - and I went to Ramkhamhaeng Hospital. The Physical Therapy department has given me daily treatments for the past week: - Traction - Heat - Electric shock stumulation But I am not making much progress. The day after the pain moved to my leg - I had no problems with my back for several days. Today a dull pain keeps returning sparodically. I can now "walk" crouched over a few steps before excrutiating pain grabs my leg. I can be seated and get almost 100% releif from the pain. But the Doctor advised me not to sit for too long. I should rest on my back with a pillow under my knees - but this is an impossible position unless I pile cushions to the point where my upper leg is Vertical and my lower leg then Horizontal. But even that position has too much pain for sleeping. I result to laying on my side with right knee under my Chin. Some parts of the night I just have to sit upright with legs outstreched. Last two nights I was given Sleeping Capsule. I feel that my lack of progress towards recovery is my being unable to adopt for any length of time the recommended rest position of laying on my back. Yesterday the Doctor mentioned the possibility of Surgery. Your experiences & advice would be welcome. (For those interested - The One Hour daily sessions at Physical Therapy Department cost Bht 500) Thanks Bill
Create an account or sign in to comment