Sick Kid To Bring Back To Europe But Thai Expired Visa Over 6 Months

My friend (a girl) grew up and has been raised in Germany but she declined her German passport 4 years ago because she thought she will be going to leave in Thailand where her family leaves. Now she has a Thai passport and she leaves in Germany, she also has a schengen unlimited visa.

For the last 7 months, she needed some time to reoganise her life therefore she sent her 2 kids to Thailand to their Grand-Parents, not to far from Bangkok. Her Son is 4 and her Daughter is 5 years old, they have a German Passport.

Her daughter is very sick (mucoviscidose - cystic fibrosis) and she needs medical support whish could only be provided in Germany, not in Thailand. And the problem is the 2 kids are running out of visa. They overstayed in Thailand by over 6 months whish will be about 4.000 euros to pay to the immigration (2.000 per kid according to my calculations).

My friend doesn't have so much money to pay to the Thai immigration and she only realises the problem now when she needs to get the kids back to Germany.

She thinks she might have a chance to apply for a Thai Passport for the kids but it's only a slight chance to get it done on time. She is desperate to find a solution it makes her infinitely sad.

Would you please have any suggestion/idea/solution to bring on board? she really doesn't know how to face the problem

Many thanks in advance for your help,

J.

Edited by Juliani

No overstay is charged for children under the age of 15, so the Op would have no problem. The children will get a stamp in their passport that they were on overstay, but that is it. They will not be fined and can get a new visa without any problem.

If the mother is a Thai national, so will be the children. They can apply for a Thai passport. I believe that German law also allows it in case of a person having dual nationality by way of law. If the children were born in Germany the Thai passport should be applied for at the Thai embassy, when you apply for a Thai beirth certificate for the children.

Since they entered on a german passport they would have to leave on a german passport and still be on overstay, even when they get a Thai passport.

I just called the Thai embassy to check and there is a charge to pay for overstaying, even for kids. This charge applies to everybody.

Embassies have nothing to do with overstay, and fall under a different ministry. It wouldn't be the first case in which they give incorrect information.

Immigration deals with overstay and they don't fine children. They will be fine, trust me. Immigration sometimes even advices to let children be on overstay as there is no fine for them.

Thank you for your answers. Please Who should I call to get the answer from thai autority?

I tried to call the Embassy in Switzerland and in France and they both told me children will get charged for overstaying.

Before I will give the answer to my friend, i definitely need to be 100% sure of information acuity.

Thank you.