Thai Foreign Ministry Plays Down Speculation Of US Intervention

webfact

The reports are there are 5,000 troops presently involved in Bangkok....this is of the 350,000 Thai military force. These troops are reliable and dependable troops, not conscripts, not watermelons.

This is the point I began making months ago and which a few certain posters have said is false and have challenged on no basis what so ever except to be argumentative and contrarian for their own purposes, purposes which haven't anything to do with the facts and reality that the government over decades always relies and depends on a small select number of loyalist troops in these situations, not the general military, not the ordinary military or the military as a whole. The Reds ran into such crack troops of the air force at Don Muang two weeks ago, hard nuts troops who scattered the Reds in a panic and send Arisman scrambling in a car trunk back to Racha.

Present events have proved the vacuuous contrarians to be bloviators and dead wrong, full of rubbish antagonists of no contributory purpose or intent.

Rubbish posts.

One hundred percent rubbish.

while the hard nut troops are out killing, maybe a real coup is brewing!! They not going to let them kill their fellow contry men for ever.

US is likely to suspend aid to thailand and military budgets as is illegal for US to give money to these regimes. And, any regime that needs hard core army crack troops to keep it in power is going down that road.

They threatened it last time in 2006 but believed it was popular coup because they too stupid to ask anybody about it that not live in Bangkok and have lot of money.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while the hard nut troops are out killing, maybe a real coup is brewing!! They not going to let them kill their fellow contry men for ever.

US is likely to suspend aid to thailand and military budgets as is illegal for US to give money to these regimes. And, any regime that needs hard core army crack troops to keep it in power is going down that road.

They threatened it last time in 2006 but believed it was popular coup because they too stupid to ask anybody about it that not live in Bangkok and have lot of money.

The only international condemnation I have seen about these protests is from a Montinegrin.

Everyone else has been calling for a peaceful resolution. Abhisit offered that, but the reds rejected it.

The reports are there are 5,000 troops presently involved in Bangkok....this is of the 350,000 Thai military force. These troops are reliable and dependable troops, not conscripts, not watermelons.

This is the point I began making months ago and which a few certain posters have said is false and have challenged on no basis what so ever except to be argumentative and contrarian for their own purposes, purposes which haven't anything to do with the facts and reality that the government over decades always relies and depends on a small select number of loyalist troops in these situations, not the general military, not the ordinary military or the military as a whole. The Reds ran into such crack troops of the air force at Don Muang two weeks ago, hard nuts troops who scattered the Reds in a panic and send Arisman scrambling in a car trunk back to Racha.

Present events have proved the vacuuous contrarians to be bloviators and dead wrong, full of rubbish antagonists of no contributory purpose or intent.

Rubbish posts.

'Maybe' is hardly a basis to try to alarm us over the prospects of a coup which are minimal - the possibility of a coup remains slim to none and slim already has left town. :)

With the domestically and globally disrespected Thai police trying to shoot at the army, at least some, it is understandable that crack loyalist troops are called upon and it's a good laff to to see the army putting the police out in front of them, bayonets up the areses of the certain Thaksin owned police, to shield the troops against the Red Shirt gunmen and spot and shot sniper teams.

Rama IX was born and grew up in his early years in the United States - in suburban Boston, my turff and the turff of certain others here at TVF - and since becoming the sovereign reigning monarch of the Kingdom of Thailand has been a 100% ally of the US, consistent with the fact that since 1833 Siam/Thailand has been the oldest Asian treaty ally of the US.

On balance, AsstSecState Campbell and his Pacific and East Asia career expert colleague, US Ambassador to the former LOS Eric John, have listened to the Red Shirts having met in person with their unofficial and moderate prominent figures. You miss the history, the mix and the balance involved in the delicacies and sensitivities of the ongoing situation and of the future. To you and so many brainless others, the United States Government is simply "too stupid" to know the ongoing situation in Thailand and the implications of it to the future of Thailand and to Thai-US relations. Pity you. Grow up and you might not need any pity in these respects.

i really hate to say this, but this is possibly the worst time to have something like this happen as most countries around the world are busy dealing with their own (mostly financial) problems themselves. other countries governments are definitely concerned about what's going on in thailand, but to be honest, they're not gonna do anything about it - maybe UN if things go even more out of control, but not other countries, including the USoA. this is a problem that thais must deal with themselves - even if it takes decades to get over. i hope that all will be fine in the end. other countries such as south korea went through something exactly like this in the 70s-80s. Gwang-Ju incident for example. the conservatives call it Gwang-Ju Riot, the liberals remember it as Gwang-Ju Massacre. same shit. both sides did many things wrong - they just have different views on the issue. that's it. anyway, i just hope that things end without any more deaths of soldiers and protesters involved. good night everyone.

Edited by vasavoir

Rubbish posts.

Well, If you're referring to John Leech, at least his posts are clearly and concisely written and use plenty of hard facts to back up his opinions. As opposed to your posts which usually contain ten times as many words as they need to, contain very few facts and often make giant leaps of logic. It's almost as if you think you are far more clever than everyone else and can simply manipulate the discussions toward the directions in which you want them to go.

btw, Post #233 is your version of a witty one line retort, right? :)

Rubbish posts.

double post

Edited by Siam Simon

Vilaiwan Seeboonreaung - the Thai actress standing on the banks of the River Kwai.... :)

Yeh, I saw the movie when I was about 20 in the US Army...came to Thailand which then was the seemingly eternal LOS about 30 years later (1998). A haunting figure, she was at the time. Intriguing and a siren song she was every time I re-viewed the movie for decades afterward (ah, to have been Wm Holden). Since 1998 I came to realize that every Thai woman I've loved and lost has been her all along...

I'd love to meet her today, wrinkled and ugly as I presently am...

Rubbish posts.

Well, If you're referring to John Leech, at least his posts are clearly and concisely written and use plenty of hard facts to back up his opinions. As opposed to your posts which usually contain ten times as many words as they need to, contain very few facts and often make giant leaps of logic. It's almost as if you think you are far more clever than everyone else and can simply manipulate the discussions toward the directions in which you want them to go.

:):D

Who do you want to set the agenda, Thaksin or the state and its government? So you want to set the agenda but you shall not, not with me.

Setting the agenda is the core of every issue, activity, controversy. It's the attempt you're miserably trying to do along with your comrades.

I set the agenda with you, the Leeches (a certain silent partner) and all of the Red Shirts and their Paymaster.

You don't like it, on my command put one thumb in your mouth and the other thumb in the opposite opening and play 'ready switch.' (Centuries old army instructions :D .)

It's about agenda setting. You and your people can't do it. Ready, switch! :)

Who do you want to set the agenda, Thaksin or the state and its government? So you want to set the agenda but you shall not, not with me.

Setting the agenda is the core of every issue, activity, controversy. It's the attempt you're miserably trying to do along with your comrades.

I set the agenda with you, the Leeches (a certain silent partner) and all of the Red Shirts and their Paymaster.

You don't like it, on my command put one thumb in your mouth and the other thumb in the opposite opening and play 'ready switch.' (Centuries old army instructions :D .)

Seems to me the one's with their thumbs up their arse is obama and hilary.

Lost all respect for him and hilary over this.

Either of them could restore thai democracy and stop abisits murdering at the snap of that thumb.

As to the communist People's Republic of China posters...they as in the case of their failed predecessors are also pissing up a rope :)

the proto Thai CP positions pushing a pro-Russia line would not be the same as the Maoist pro-China line-up.

The split between the pro-Russian CPs and the Maoists was never healed.

Left-wing expat red supporters are mostly holidaying liberals with who have sucked up all the red class-war bullshit.

Sort of Lib Dem supporters on speed.

As usual you got it arse about face

The only Lib Dem supporter on speed ? one way of describing thatchers child I suppose.

Seems to me the one's with their thumbs up their arse is obama and hilary.

Lost all respect for him and hilary over this.

Either of them could restore thai democracy and stop abisits murdering at the snap of that thumb.

Ah, yes, the old handy and always ready stale and boring intellectual and cultural cliches - put it all on the United States. Pathetic and pathological. Compulsively. More of and from the those who suffer from cultural deficit in their culturally deficient Westen nations vis a vis the society, culture and cililization of the United States.

Try as you folk do, you cannot succeed because you're in cultural deficit and cultural deficiency when it comes to the United States. You are certain you know but you only know shyt.

Anyway, where's the censoring, repressive and murderous People's Republic of China in all of this? The farther away the better almost every one of us would agree.

As to the communist People's Republic of China posters...they as in the case of their failed predecessors are also pissing up a rope :)

the proto Thai CP positions pushing a pro-Russia line would not be the same as the Maoist pro-China line-up.

Left-wing expat red supporters are mostly holidaying liberals with who have sucked up all the red class-war bullshit.

The only Lib Dem supporter on speed ? one way of describing thatchers child I suppose.

:D I almost can't wait to see yoshiwara take you apart in his reply post.

Allow me to anticipate it now :D

:D I almost can't wait to see yoshiwara take you apart in his reply post.

Allow me to anticipate it now :D

Ah, yes. Can't wait for TV's very own OCD case to to some 'taking apart'. :D You oddballs certainly stick together, I'll grant you that.

What is wrong with this picture?

US has a lot problems at home and abroad, doesn’t give a hood about bunch of Issan farmers or Thaksin’s messily 1.5 billion Dollar. They can spend that in a min

But maybe they can help use the use the Army and Police efficiently for crowd control, if there are really any Police and Army that can be counted on. They for sure have a lot of experience and some success

Yes, US can blow money in seconds, because it's easy to spend taxpayers money and allways increasing taxes to spend more and blow more. But in Thailand, i guess 70% of peaple not pay any taxes, specially up country.

Edited by stingray

Is that right.

...have an inside on the Party line do you? or maybe you are a member of which faction?

Or are you just another Guardian reader with attitude?

Edited by yoshiwara

Setting agenda? On a forum where none of the posters has the slightest influence on the events we're discussing? You really are more than a little bit crazy, aren't you?

Setting agenda? On a forum where none of the posters has the slightest influence on the events we're discussing? You really are more than a little bit crazy, aren't you?

Get real...I speak of setting the agenda of discussion and discourse among conflicting members of the forum at the forum. Since when do any of us set the agenda of the government or the Reds? Your talk of craziness is more than a bit crazy, a far fetched lunge and reach which makes you crash flat on your face.

You have stated I discuss matters on my own terms rather than on the basis of the terms of others, which is true, thank you for recognizing the fact as it may save us time and effort at the board, as at the dreadful thread in which a poster wound on and on without limit or rational judgment. 

Setting the agenda of events on the streets, me? You? Any or all of us? You're on about some nonsensical matter that puts you way off. Do you also cook with cracked pots? 

Get real...I speak of setting the agenda of discussion and discourse among conflicting members of the forum at the forum. Since when do any of us set the agenda of the government or the Reds? Your talk of craziness is more than a bit crazy, a far fetched lunge and reach which makes you crash flat on your face.

You have stated I discuss matters on my own terms rather than on the basis of the terms of others, which is true, thank you for recognizing the fact as it may save us time and effort at the board, as at the dreadful thread in which a poster wound on and on without limit or rational judgment. 

Setting the agenda of events on the streets, me? You? Any or all of us? You're on about some nonsensical matter that puts you way off. Do you also cook with cracked pots? 

You missed my point: That trying to set agenda on TV is daft. We should be having intelligent, civilised discussions, but there is a long history of posters such as yourself shouting down anybody who doesn't tow the anti-Thaksin pro-Demo line: You're a troll; you're a paid Thaksin stooge; you're an unpaid Thaksin stooge; blah; blah; blah. And, more recently, the dissenting voices have learned from and adopted your tactics, so now we have a shouting match.

And I'm still convinced you and your mate Ralph are a couple of bread rolls short of a dozen. :D

It's about agenda setting. You and your people can't do it. Ready, switch! :D

You missed my point: That trying to set agenda on TV is daft. We should be having intelligent, civilised discussions, but there is a long history of posters such as yourself shouting down anybody who doesn't tow the anti-Thaksin pro-Demo line: You're a troll; you're a paid Thaksin stooge; you're an unpaid Thaksin stooge; blah; blah; blah. And, more recently, the dissenting voices have learned from and adopted your tactics, so now we have a shouting match.

And I'm still convinced you and your mate Ralph are a couple of bread rolls short of a dozen. :D

It's pointless to try to advise you to get real, Alice.  :D I know deep in your heart you post to me out of wub so I unconditionally accept both your strengths and your weaknesses, your self contradictory passions.  :D (Norton, don't just whistle up there, get down here now! :)  )

Indeed, my posting strategy (tactics are subordinated to strategy effectively to execute strategy) at any board is to define the discussion and discourse in my terms, not to be led by the attempts of opposition posters to try to lead me into their/your biased and distorted frame of reference or bullshit. 

You post for your own purposes, aims and intents, others post because of their beliefs and convictions. This is a forum where diverse points of view are presented. To you, yours is valid - to moi, I shall discuss the issues before us as I define and see them which is the classic Western liberal idea, i.e., free and open discussion of anything and everything. Socrates and Aristotle to name but two set the agenda of methods and thought thousands of years ago and I'm but another small descendant following their definitively original lead.

Shouting matches occur at discussion boards whether you or I are present.

Again and really, grow up and give it up Alice - or izzzit Trixie? Yeah, Trixie  :D

Edited by Publicus

It's pointless to try to advise you to get real, Alice.  :D I know deep in your heart you post to me out of wub so I unconditionally accept both your strengths and your weaknesses, your self contradictory passions.  :D (Norton, don't just whistle up there, get down here now! :)  )

Indeed, my posting strategy (tactics are subordinated to strategy effectively to execute strategy) at any board is to define the discussion and discourse in my terms, not to be led by the attempts of opposition posters to try to lead me into their/your biased and distorted frame of reference or bullshit. 

You post for your own purposes, aims and intents, others post because of their beliefs and convictions. This is a forum where diverse points of view are presented. To you, yours is valid - to moi, I shall discuss the issues before us as I define and see them which is the classic Western liberal idea, i.e., free and open discussion of anything and everything. Socrates and Aristotle to name but two set the agenda of methods and thought thousands of years ago and I'm but another small descendant following their definitively original lead.

Shouting matches occur at discussion boards whether you or I are present.

Again and really, grow up and give it up Alice - or izzzit Trixie? Yeah, Trixie  :D

Yep. You're definitely bonkers.