Chulalongkorn Hospital Evacuated After Stormed By Red-Shirts

webfact

And here it is ---- Reds defending the hospital Raid AND denying that reds were armed yesterday at Don Muang.
Red-shirt Leader Defends Hospital Raid

BANGKOK: -- A red-shirt leader said his group's raid on Chulalongkorn Hospital last night was aimed at preventing an attack from soldiers they believed were hiding in there.

Red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikeu insisted his group was monitoring movement within the Chulalongkorn Hospital and believed armed military men were using one of its buildings as a shelter because food supplies have been delivered there.

Natthawut claimed last night's raid stemmed from concerns that soldiers who were inside the hospital could shoot protesters as was the case during the clash on Vibhavadhi Rangsit Road.

The red-shirt leader claimed that the group could not find soldiers in the hospital compound because their commander was alerted about the move disclosed on the rally stage so all soldiers were ordered to leave the hospital.

Natthawut claimed they returned at 9 p.m. so the group decided to raid the building.

He also said soldiers in the hospital building opened fire at protesters when they entered.

However, Natthawut apologized to the hospital's staff and patients over the inappropriate behavior of some protesters and red-shirt guards, but asked for sympathy as they are waging this political war with their bear hands.

He said from now on, Weng Tojirakarn will take charge of coordinating with the hospital but he warned other hospitals against providing shelter to armed soldiers.

Natthawut also called on the government to present evidence for allegations against red-shirt core leaders in a campaign to topple the Monarchy because such charges are very severe and could stir political discord.

He also denied the group's alleged involvement in armed masked men carrying guns during the clash on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, insisting there in no evidence to prove the accusation.

Natthawut pointed fingers at the government for possibly setting up those scenes.

Meanwhile, another red-shirt leader Weng Tojirakarn said his group has the highest respect for the medical profession, but if the prime minister is using hospitals as part of the political war, he and the CRES director must be held responsible.

He affirmed the group will not interfere with Chulalongkorn Hospital in the future.

At the same time, red-shirt leaders who led protesters in last night's raid on Chulalongkorn Hospital asked the management of private companies not to offer shelter to soldiers.

They also asked military officers to exercise their own judgment on orders from their commanding units.

From the closed Red Shirt rally thread

"He also said soldiers in the hospital building opened fire at protesters when they entered." Uh-huh. Yep! Easy to prove! How many rednecks were taken to the nearest hospital with gunshot wounds? Oh, forgot! army is so incompetent that every shot missed. :):D:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the reds are very proud of what they have achieved.

My late father in law spent time in that hospital for cancer treatment. Knowing how ill he was, my thoughts go out to all the patients who now have to be moved because of this reckless act of terrorism.

Coming close to where all embassies will be telling their citizens to return home since it is clear NOBODY is safe in Thailand anymore due to the red mob.

At least people CAN return home because the airport is still open, unlike when the government-backed yellow shirts occupied it. By the way, their leaders are still walking around free so less of the indignation about the red shirt leaders please.

Anyone with half a brain can see that there'll be no peace here until a government, democratically elected by the people, is allowed to serve it's full term of office without interference from the army or anyone else.

yeah right but now he is in his new country changed his name and spoke to the world that montnegro now is his home forget takky senagare he aint coming back

How gives a ...? Only small minded people think that is all about the Montenegrin.

Hey calling the red protesters small minded is uncalled for.

It sure is lazurus. Only large minded people would drag dead bodies out of a hospital to display them on the streets of Bangkok. That is called honoring the dead I suppose. Only large minded people would enter a hospital then lie and say they found weapons and were shot at when they entered. You're right. Totally uncalled for.

At least people CAN return home because the airport is still open, unlike when the government-backed yellow shirts occupied it. By the way, their leaders are still walking around free so less of the indignation about the red shirt leaders please.

Anyone with half a brain can see that there'll be no peace here until a government, democratically elected by the people, is allowed to serve it's full term of office without interference from the army or anyone else.

Agreed. So let the current democratically elected government serve their full term in office without interference from the army or anyone else (ie red shirts).

Edited by whybother

My late father in law spent time in that hospital for cancer treatment. Knowing how ill he was, my thoughts go out to all the patients who now have to be moved because of this reckless act of terrorism.

Coming close to where all embassies will be telling their citizens to return home since it is clear NOBODY is safe in Thailand anymore due to the red mob.

can you really compare 8 days , no death to what is happening for 6 weeks now

Evacuations are a good PR move from the government. Totally unneeded but it makes the Reds look even worse.

Most patients are leaving voluntarily because they are now AFRAID.

Don't even try to justify the red hospital raid, its an act of animals.

this is an act of CRIMINAL !

no reason is justified on this criminal act !

not even in the state of war, it is still a war criminal !

Markokang --- why do not even the Reds document what you claim?

JDinAsia... I have no idea!:)

But what is the "incident" that took place on Thursday night?

Don't really care if you believe it or not, I have no reason to lie as you can see in my post it lays blame with both parties..

Whatever... ignore if you want, I don't really care but many people know me in BKK and would believe what I said.

Webfact just posted that they had to transfer the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand Buddhism to Siriraj, due to the threat of the reds.

OOOOPPS! (What the Red Leaders are thinking right now).

Particulary when today the 'red emerald Buddah' by the side of the red stage, fell off the table and broke in two pieces! Bad bad karma!

How gives a ...? Only small minded people think that is all about the Montenegrin.

so tell me what is it all about ? what is so pressing that you could not take the 9 month offer ? huh ?

Dude. No trust in Abhisits promises and when the argument is the the current govenment isn't truly a democratic elected one why should they wait any longer and give them additional 9 month to cling in power?

I love that "Not democratically elected" theme. No matter how many times it is debunked, it keeps coming back. Fight the power Mazeltov!

Dude. If the reds had the opinion that Abhisit is democratic legitimate why they should call for a snap elections at all? They argue he is not and then makes it no sense to wait another 9 month.

can you really compare 8 days , no death to what is happening for 6 weeks now

not really because this goverment has a lot more blood on its hands!! after the april 10th bloodbath

Agreed. So let the current democratically elected government serve their full term in office without interference from the army or anyone else (ie red shirts).

Hear Hear!

FF

Webfact just posted that they had to transfer the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand Buddhism to Siriraj, due to the threat of the reds.

Particulary when today the 'red emerald Buddah' by the side of the red stage, fell off the table and broke in two pieces! Bad bad karma!

actually, that was 2-3 weeks ago.

Yeah, pretty depressing. Staying here is still the better of 2 weevils, for now, but I keep checking for options to move on.

I haven't seen too many smiles in the LOS for quite a while now.

This terrorist act literally disgusted me. When Thais are upset... oh well.

How can five people looking around a hospital in the company of staff be a terrorist act? The nation headline is hysterical nonsense and the event is being used as crude propaganda against the UDD, the place was not stormed,we are not talking about the bastille, hardy a big deal. Pic of people being evacuated is the result of an over reaction from the Hospital, but it looks good in the media, evil reds force closure of Hospital, utter crap.

Markokang --- why do not even the Reds document what you claim?

The initial tweets in the Nation's daily news thread reported the sound of gunfire, which was later corrected to be fire crackers.

Obviously one of the two reports is wrong.

I was there: I have a photo of the shells, meaningless I know, as that could have been taken anywhere.

Where was "The Nation" when this happened?

But I AM surprised it was reported as firecrackers! Thats a blatant lie (or serious mistake) by someone.

What is it going to take for this to end - some young children getting "accidentally" killed? What happens if the rabble believe troops are hiding in a school?

There are troops housed in schools in central Bangkok. I can definitely confirm this. I will not reveal any further details, in order to protect the school and the children, but it is most certainly true. There are also children present for summer classes, but the troops are housed safely out of sight.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

How can five people looking around a hospital in the company of staff be a terrorist act? The nation headline is hysterical nonsense and the event is being used as crude propaganda against the UDD, the place was not stormed,we are not talking about the bastille, hardy a big deal. Pic of people being evacuated is the result of an over reaction from the Hospital, but it looks good in the media, evil reds force closure of Hospital, utter crap.

Because they were intimidated into letting five in and when they opened the gates 200 rushed in.

From the article in the Nation

More than 200 red shirts protesters stormed into the hospital, which is located next to their rally site, on Thursday night, claiming that there were troops hiding inside.

Although only five red-shirt guards, Payap Panket, a leader, and reporters were allowed to come in, scores of other red-shirt guards poured into the hospital buildings as soon as the door was opened. The Nation

Makes you wonder if they are capable of living up to their end of any negotiation.

Edited by lazurus

Abhisit is sure that the international community will condemn the red shirt's actions of storming Chula hospital, but so what??!!

The red shirts do not care, and yet again, here is Abhisit acting like he is a third party observing the game instead of being the main player IN the game.

He is an observer... typical behavior... observe on the sidelines and piss into the middle of the game....

nicely put and 100% correct, ditto Thaksin and some other leaders of countries!

I love that "Not democratically elected" theme. No matter how many times it is debunked, it keeps coming back. Fight the power Mazeltov!

Dude. If the reds had the opinion that Abhisit is democratic legitimate why they should call for a snap elections at all? They argue he is not and then makes it no sense to wait another 9 month.

They don't ARGUE that he is not. They just STATE it as if it's the truth.

Just as you do - never any reasoning as to why YOU think he isn't democratically elected.

The leaders know that he is democratically elected, but they continue to go on stage and LIE.

The reds are protesting because their party is not in power. Most of them don't understand that the PPP got into government using the smaller parties. They don't understand that they got out of government because of the smaller parties.

It's seems that you don't either.

Red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikeu insisted his group was monitoring movement within the Chulalongkorn Hospital and believed armed military men were using one of its buildings as a shelter because food supplies have been delivered there.

Natthawut claimed last night's raid stemmed from concerns that soldiers who were inside the hospital could shoot protesters as was the case during the clash on Vibhavadhi Rangsit Road.

The red-shirt leader claimed that the group could not find soldiers in the hospital compound because their commander was alerted about the move disclosed on the rally stage so all soldiers were ordered to leave the hospital.

Natthawut claimed they returned at 9 p.m. so the group decided to raid the building.

He also said soldiers in the hospital building opened fire at protesters when they entered.

Delivering food supplies to a hospital? Very suspicious indeed. Sholdiers opened fire when they entered the the hospital? This guy is a lunatic! Anyone that believes anything these reds say is more stupid than my old dog that eats concrete chips. No wonder people call him Nutthawut.

His statements are even more surprising when you consider that the 'search party' were accompanied by journalists who saw and reported nothing. In fact they reported that they saw nothing!

One month ago PM Abhisit, promised to restore normalcy as soon as possible and without any losses.

End of this month we have so far more than 1,000 people injured and 27 killed. Most of them are the victims of a failed crackdown operation on April 10, in a few hours over 20 people dead and more than 800 injured.

That keeps a hospital busy.

My comment was an reply to an entry that was concerned about the loss of face and spoke about the biggest PR disasters because patients left the hospital. I said no reason to worry, the empty bedsides will be easy refilled if PM Abhisit continues with his marvellous work.

Understand it now?

The work of the PM is to restore order to the city of Bangkok and protect the millions of lives of the people who live there. He is unfortunately tasked with this on top of the onerous job of running a country.

The work of the red shirts is to disrupt the lives of the residents of Bangkok as much as they can apply decidedly undemocratic pressure on the government to dissolve, even if it means people are killed.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

actually, that was 2-3 weeks ago.

Sorry was in todays news

What is it going to take for this to end - some young children getting "accidentally" killed? What happens if the rabble believe troops are hiding in a school?

There are troops housed in schools in central Bangkok. I can definitely confirm this. I will not reveal any further details, in order to protect the school and the children, but it is most certainly true. There are also children present for summer classes, but the troops are housed safely out of sight.

very straight forward, as we learn from Thursday evening storm of hospital, the reds would storm the school as well ! OMG !

the university I worked with, the parents already called and not prepare their kids to come.

Edited by ETatBKK

so the soldiers who they did not find opend fire ???

None of the reporters that were there have reported any shots fired have they?

I think Natthawut is making things up.

the reds used giant fire crackers during the time, but no shootings in the hospital were reported.

Evacuations are a good PR move from the government. Totally unneeded but it makes the Reds look even worse.

Are mobs allowed to burst into hospital wards in Italy? Do they set up huge speakers to blast propaganda (we're going to burn this place to the ground) outside of hospitals? Does that aid recuperation? Possibly not "totally unneeded" then?

I do not believe that Somchai's government backed the PAD when the PAD went to the airports (and the AOT closed the airport) --- Somchai was the PM at the time, not Abhisit.

The current government is elected (doubt this? ask your own government ... ask the UN .. etc) but I agree that the current legal and legitimate government should not bow to the interference by the violent red shirt mob!

Delivering food supplies to a hospital? Very suspicious indeed. Sholdiers opened fire when they entered the the hospital? This guy is a lunatic! Anyone that believes anything these reds say is more stupid than my old dog that eats concrete chips. No wonder people call him Nutthawut.

His statements are even more surprising when you consider that the 'search party' were accompanied by journalists who saw and reported nothing. In fact they reported that they saw nothing!

why would you be surprised?

reds lie and deny they are wrong all the time.....

Between 100 and 200 reds 'stormed' the hospital. The director would only allow a small group accompanied by journalists to go around the hospital. The rest of the baying mob were told to wait. If the red leaders are even apologising then read, learn and wind your neck in.