Chulalongkorn Hospital Evacuated After Stormed By Red-Shirts

webfact

so markokang you where there you got pics of the sheels . that would mean you are one of the guys storming the hospital . remember they opend fire from inside according to nathuwat

please post the pics go on dont be selfish

cant wait to see

Edited by sharkwatch

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit and the army can solve all this tomorrow: Abhisit must call an election and the Army must pledge to defend the democratic government that results. Problem solved.......except that Abhisits paymasters in the ruling elite won't let him, they will desperstely cling on to their outmoded power and privelige..at any cost.

Problem not solved. Calling elections because of a minority mob of thugs is not a very good solution.

Not to mention the inherent flaws with this idea ....

Like letting a small percentage of violent insurgents set the stage ....

Like the fact that the reds would NOT allow all parties to safely campaign in all areas of the country ...

Like the fact that the more than 50% of Thai people that are represented by the current government would be shortshrifted by having elections now.

Like the fact that there are leaders of an illegal political movement that are condoning violence and that the violence they condone is actually happening.

Like the fact that there are 3 major political issues that must be dealt with before elections. Including the budget and Charter reform.

Did anyone else notice that the PTP besides not having ANY platform on helping the poor --- have totally chickened out when it comes to calling a 'no-confidence' vote that could actually kill the current government? A 'no-confidence' measure would list all the flaws and issues with the current government in open session and allow the government to answer each charge. (Note the government could also shine a light on the behaviour of the PTP MP's! at this time)

However, Natthawut apologized to the hospital's staff and patients over the inappropriate behavior of some protesters and red-shirt guards, but asked for sympathy as they are waging this political war with their bear hands.

This has to be one of the funniest things that I have heard in this entire escapade. If English isn't your first language then let me explain.

If you are intending to say "without any weapons" you would say "with their BARE hands". "With their BEAR hands" means that they have paws. For a moment I pictured the image of the red shirt leaders on stage fumbling about with the microphone because they have bear's paws (hands).

If you still don't get this then you probably haven't sampled such a wide variety of the world's bountiful substances as I have and I apologise for heading off on a tangent!!

did you ever sampled that yellow flower stuff? i heard it is one of the best things evar.

18991230143729.jpg

peace!

none of the foreign media reported that TWO PATIENTS WERE KIDNAPPED by the reds and then later released.

TWO PATIENTS WERE KIDNAPPED

Did you expect different? If a red had been killed then that would be news.

I'm Spartacus Shinawatra

MCOTEnglishnews: Finance Minister Korn warns if mass street protests last until end of the year, they may reduce 2010 economic growth by 2 percentage points

From the locked Rally page

Looks like a subtle statement from the Dems that they will NOT be dissolving parliament before their offered compromise date of one year early!

"IF mass protests last ..."

They won't dissolve parliament IF the protests continue.

And they probably won't dissolve parliament if the reds don't accept it either. Although I'm guessing, if this goes for another 5-6 months then the reds might eventually accept the offer of 9 months.

Evacuations are a good PR move from the government. Totally unneeded but it makes the Reds look even worse.

Most patients are leaving voluntarily because they are now AFRAID.

Don't even try to justify the red hospital raid, its an act of animals.

That's the intent of terrorism. To create massive fear by violent intimidation.

And note this threat to every business in every tower block in Silom:

"At the same time, red-shirt leaders who led protesters in last night's raid on Chulalongkorn Hospital asked the management of private companies not to offer shelter to soldiers."

Pathetic.

Reds in Bangkok storm a hospital looking for soldiers.

Reds in Khon Kaen blockade an Airport looking for a doctor.

Red leader storms a McDonald's and attacks a Big Mac.

A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says "why the long face"

Only one is a joke.

LOLOLOLOL

none of the foreign media reported that TWO PATIENTS WERE KIDNAPPED by the reds and then later released.

I thought they were reported as being workers.

yes they were workers for a construction company and not soldiers and supposedly patients. Maybe that's not clear a 100% yet, but fact is that TWO PEOPLE GOT KIDNAPPED FROM CHULALONGKORN HOSPITAL BY THE REDS. This explains the fear of the patients and the admin there.

I see that left out in most of the arguments here now.

Man from Phichit asks Democrat to help send him, 24 friends home

BANGKOK: -- A man from Phichit went to the Democrat Party head office Friday and asked the party to help send him and 24 friends back home.

Kirkkiart Kulthonbodi came to the Democrat head office at 4 pm.

He said he joined the rally on Tuesday and was told he would be paid Bt200 or Bt300 a day.

He said he has not received any money so he and 24 friends decided to go home but they did not have money.

The man said 18 of 25 men from Phichit had their ID cards seized by some rally organisers.

Kirkkiart said he will have to return to the rally site to sign his name at 6 pm before sneaking out again.

Democrat MP from Phichit, Naraphat Kaewthong, took the man's phone number for contacting him later.

Sorry for stealing this from the rally update, but this is classic. I'm sure this fella will have nothing but good things to say about the rally when the democrats help him and his friends home. Looks like the cash is starting to run a bit low.

But, i pity this poor bloke, probably joined the rally to get some cash for his kids to go to school, by the so called champions of the poor. Tut can't trust anyone these days can you

that might be true...But theres a lot more unsubstantiated claims that fly around this forum with verification only coming from one side of the void..

and if it suits yr side of the cause yr run with it as much as you can!

After all we are in the middle of a propaganda war...and the av/goverment side have just scored a big hit!

True ---

You have to look for substantiation of some form .. otherwise claims such as this guy's (that fly in the face of local and international reporting as well as in the face of claims by BOTH sides) just need to be treated with the respect that you think they deserve.

In this case, I don't believe him at all.

Reds in Bangkok storm a hospital looking for soldiers.

Reds in Khon Kaen blockade an Airport looking for a doctor.

Red leader storms a McDonald's and attacks a Big Mac.

A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says "why the long face"

Only one is a joke.

LOLOLOLOL

:)

How can five people looking around a hospital in the company of staff be a terrorist act? The nation headline is hysterical nonsense and the event is being used as crude propaganda against the UDD, the place was not stormed,we are not talking about the bastille, hardy a big deal. Pic of people being evacuated is the result of an over reaction from the Hospital, but it looks good in the media, evil reds force closure of Hospital, utter crap.

Didn't the media say that after the negotiations to let a small group of "security guards" and their "godfather" (5 + 1 = 6) in to pass an eye over the patients, all of whom may be hiding machine guns under their blue jarmies?? Between 100 and 200 other intelligent clear headed "fellow travellers" barged their way in and conducted a futile search of the hospital, finally draging away 2 innocent men to be paraded on the stage...only to find that they were just ordinary workers...just like them???

Cowards, spineless, scum...What is the difference between a red shirt security guard and a catfish??

One is a slime sucking bottom feeder and the other one is a fish!

BANGKOK: -- A man from Phichit went to the Democrat Party head office Friday and asked the party to help send him and 24 friends back home.

He said he joined the rally on Tuesday and was told he would be paid Bt200 or Bt300 a day.

He said he has not received any money so he and 24 friends decided to go home but they did not have money.

The man said 18 of 25 men from Phichit had their ID cards seized by some rally organisers.

Kirkkiart said he will have to return to the rally site to sign his name at 6 pm before sneaking out again.

Democrat MP from Phichit, Naraphat Kaewthong, took the man's phone number for contacting him later.

Sorry for stealing this from the rally update, but this is classic. I'm sure this fella will have nothing but good things to say about the rally when the democrats help him and his friends home. Looks like the cash is starting to run a bit low.

But, i pity this poor bloke, probably joined the rally to get some cash for his kids to go to school, by the so called champions of the poor. Tut can't trust anyone these days can you

What is the world coming to when angry mobs are unable to make their payrolls? Maybe they should apply for a loan from Bangkok bank, just leave the grenades at home when you go this time.

yes they were workers for a construction company and not soldiers and supposedly patients. Maybe that's not clear a 100% yet, but fact is that TWO PEOPLE GOT KIDNAPPED FROM CHULALONGKORN HOSPITAL BY THE REDS. This explains the fear of the patients and the admin there.

True. No apologies from the reds or comments from their supporters about KIDNAPPING.

MCOTEnglishnews: Finance Minister Korn warns if mass street protests last until end of the year, they may reduce 2010 economic growth by 2 percentage points

From the locked Rally page

Looks like a subtle statement from the Dems that they will NOT be dissolving parliament before their offered compromise date of one year early!

"IF mass protests last ..."

They won't dissolve parliament IF the protests continue.

And they probably won't dissolve parliament if the reds don't accept it either. Although I'm guessing, if this goes for another 5-6 months then the reds might eventually accept the offer of 9 months.

LOL -- well after parliament is dissolved then elections must be held in 60 days or less. another month has passed -- and in 6 months it will be Nov1 --- meaning election would have to be held before Jan1 if they dissolved parliament on Nov1.

I am guessing that if the reds went home today that Abhisit might dissolve parliament as early as October1. (note --- "I am guessing")

More evidence that many of the red shirts are being VICTIMIZED by their very own warlord leaders. They may have indeed been recruited to earn some money and have some excitement in the big city and conform to the red leadership of their home locality. But now many of them realize they have been duped by big money forces that do not have their interests in mind at all. Freedom and democracy indeed. Remember, this is how the red leaders abuse their OWN people. Does any foreigner STILL seriously believe the red shirts are a pro-freedom and democracy movement? How can you?

Edited by Jingthing

I've had a few relatives join the rally from time to time. They made really good money doing it...and according to them...it was a great PARTY! They had a lot of fun, and after a few days, returned home...I know for sure, if they didn't get any money for doing it, they would have never gone to Bangkok....

True. No apologies from the reds or comments from their supporters about KIDNAPPING.

The Reds on the board sure screamed about "kidnapping" in 2008 ---- and then it wasn't a case of going out and grabbing people from other places.

But honestly --- imho grabbing 2 construction workers at a hospital is vile! but nowjere near as vile as raiding the hospital itself!

I hope the reds are very proud of what they have achieved.

My late father in law spent time in that hospital for cancer treatment. Knowing how ill he was, my thoughts go out to all the patients who now have to be moved because of this reckless act of terrorism.

Proud or not, they have certainly discredited themselves. They might as well forget having a political affiliation (but Thai style, they would of course, just come up with a new name and a few new ringleaders....) man oh man, they sure have burned their bridges! Sweep 'em off the streets soon please.

I hope the reds are very proud of what they have achieved.

My late father in law spent time in that hospital for cancer treatment. Knowing how ill he was, my thoughts go out to all the patients who now have to be moved because of this reckless act of terrorism.

Proud or not, they have certainly discredited themselves. They might as well forget having a political affiliation (but Thai style, they would of course, just come up with a new name and a few new ringleaders....) man oh man, they sure have burned their bridges! Sweep 'em off the streets soon please.

Hoping this is covered well internationally. The reds have gotten a free ride too long with their lies about what they represent.

Hotels, hospitals, shopping malls, airports, public transit, public roads, government house, Thaicom offices, Election Commission offices, City hall Chaing Mai, Thai Market, River Taxis.

Places Thais are not safe from rampaging reds. Any others?

Edited by Humungus

A piece from breaking news...

"The doctors, who performed the autopsy, announced that the troop, Pvt Narongrit Sala, was killed by a bullet fired from a far distance and the bullet entered his left side of the brain."

I thought "official" story from BBC was that the soldier was killed from a close distance by policeman, after the soldier drove through the red barricade and was mistaken for a protester going at the army.

The "from a far distance" does not support the story. Did BBC get it wrong again?

I'm surprised the BBC correspondent hasn't got a red shirt on when reporting.

Got a source on that?

Yeah that Samak...nasty piece of work.....knocking up a ceasar salad on TV........personification of evil......makes me sick. :)

Don't you think a PM should just concentrate on being a PM, instead of having a job as a chef on TV too?

It does explain a lot though. Samak didn't get much done while he was PM. (RIP)

Samak -- red shirt hero, Thaksin puppet PM, chef, implicated in the 1976 mass murder of peaceful, non-violent Thai students at Thammasat U.

Did he? Source?

Dr. Weng and Prof. Giles Ji Ungpakorn might argue that way. Not exactly leading figures of the anti-red movement.

Yeah that Samak...nasty piece of work.....knocking up a ceasar salad on TV........personification of evil......makes me sick. :)

Don't you think a PM should just concentrate on being a PM, instead of having a job as a chef on TV too?

It does explain a lot though. Samak didn't get much done while he was PM. (RIP)

Samak -- red shirt hero, Thaksin puppet PM, chef, implicated in the 1976 mass murder of peaceful, non-violent Thai students at Thammasat U.

Did he? Source?

Dr. Weng and Prof. Giles Ji Ungpakorn might argue that way. Not exactly leading figures of the anti-red movement.

Common knowledge, boychik. Google it yourself.

Edited by Jingthing

More evidence that many of the red shirts are being VICTIMIZED by their very own warlord leaders. They may have indeed been recruited to earn some money and have some excitement in the big city and conform to the red leadership of their home locality. But now many of them realize they have been duped by big money forces that do not have their interests in mind at all. Freedom and democracy indeed. Remember, this is how the red leaders abuse their OWN people. Does any foreigner STILL seriously believe the red shirts are a pro-freedom and democracy movement? How can you?

this is standard tactics and procedure by the red leaders and their intimidating guards. Why you think they want to lure students to nearby schools now?

Let's keep things in perspective pls. Why is any of this worse than what we've seen very recently, with people getting shot and grenades going off and people dying? I sense a lot of fabricated indignation; the Reds are jittery, they KNOW they can get their faces blown off at any time by government (or rogue army) snipers.. It's chaotic, someone thinks they see military in the building directly overlooking their site.. It happens to be a hospital, but better safe than sorry.

Good of Dr. Weng to apologize though, respect.

What a load of tosh!! This mob is clearly out of control and even Weng (not known for being particularly honest) says so. A sad admission from a supposedly leader. But the fundamental issue is that even in War and I mean a properly declared War, there is such a thing as the Geneva Convention which all Countries abide by and one of the abiding principles is not to attack hospitals, the injured, the sick and the dying. I would suggest with respect Sir that sadly it is your own thoughts that are out of perspective.

I've had a few relatives join the rally from time to time. They made really good money doing it...and according to them...it was a great PARTY! They had a lot of fun, and after a few days, returned home...I know for sure, if they didn't get any money for doing it, they would have never gone to Bangkok....

oh yes, all these family outings and picnics. KASIT had lots of fun too when the yellows occupied the airport. He told that during an address to foreign diplomats.

Either way, IT IS NOT FUN.