Chulalongkorn Hospital Evacuated After Stormed By Red-Shirts

webfact

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin killed nobody. And the number of 2600+ Thai killed in the war of drug exaggerated and outdated and not conform with the latest investigation.

Prove it. Your statement is at odds with almost every report by domestic and international journalists.

What latest investigation? Got a source for that latest investigation?

What was exaggerated about the deaths? Got a source for that one too?

Enlighten us please mazeltov

An independent committee probing drug-related killings during the first Thaksin Shinawatra government has found no concrete evidence linking senior figures with the murders, a Justice Ministry source said yesterday.

After five months of inquiries, the panel, led by former attorney general Khanit na Nakhon, has obtained only statistical details about the number and nature of the murders.

But no conclusion that would implicate police or Thaksin as the instigator of the shoot-to-kill policy has been reached.

a lot of the death were just "normal homicides" that would had occurred without war on drugs or not.

Re: former attorney general Khanit na Nakhon

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/board/thai...24&offset=0

I thought they were being polite in this article. Umm... not exaggerating.

not really because this goverment has a lot more blood on its hands!! after the april 10th bloodbath

Really? I guess you haven't seen the video evidence of soldiers being targeted with grenades, red shirts toting AK47s, black clad men behind red shirt lines setting up, taking aim, and firing on security forces, snipers in windows, etc. etc. etc. The evidence is conclusive. The red shirts harbored a military force whose aim was to take out soldiers and their commanders. They may well have taken out 6 red shirt protesters to create a few martyrs along the way, according to autopsy reports.

Barricades come down in front of Chulalongkorn Hospital earlier today, Barricades go back up this evening. Are we supposed to think that if you negotiate with these people that you can trust them to follow through? Who's running the show? Maybe it's Seh Daeng and his men in black after all.

I would also love this to be reported internationally, the fact that many of their so called freedom fighters are being held against their will by intimidation tactics.

Freedom fighters & terrorist are the same group of people.

The only different is, if you win or loss the war.

Good luck both sides.

Let's keep things in perspective pls. Why is any of this worse than what we've seen very recently, with people getting shot and grenades going off and people dying? I sense a lot of fabricated indignation; the Reds are jittery, they KNOW they can get their faces blown off at any time by government (or rogue army) snipers.. It's chaotic, someone thinks they see military in the building directly overlooking their site.. It happens to be a hospital, but better safe than sorry.

Good of Dr. Weng to apologize though, respect.

What a load of tosh!! This mob is clearly out of control and even Weng (not known for being particularly honest) says so. A sad admission from a supposedly leader. But the fundamental issue is that even in War and I mean a properly declared War, there is such a thing as the Geneva Convention which all Countries abide by and one of the abiding principles is not to attack hospitals, the injured, the sick and the dying. I would suggest with respect Sir that sadly it is your own thoughts that are out of perspective.

completely agree you point ! and, practically they are bunch of criminals, do they understand this Geneva Convention ? sadly, I doubt if they have the minimum integrity of human being !

Do they understand the Geneva Convention? They don't even know where Geneva is much less what the Convention is. These are a bounch of miscreants pure and simple. Scum of the earth.

Barricades come down in front of Chulalongkorn Hospital earlier today, Barricades go back up this evening. Are we supposed to think that if you negotiate with these people that you can trust them to follow through? Who's running the show? Maybe it's Seh Daeng and his men in black after all.

Picture please. Thanks in advance.

TAN Network: INN: Reds set up barriers in front of Chula Hospital again according to Gen Katiya's orders

THE NATION: reports from Chula hospital say reds r rebuilding blockade in front of the hospital after having taken it down earlier today.

MOTHER F*(#)@rs

Hey, maybe Thaksin is going to check in at Chula Hospital. Oh, wouldn't that be a hoot!

For an autopsy with any luck................... :)

I would also love this to be reported internationally, the fact that many of their so called freedom fighters are being held against their will by intimidation tactics.

Good luck both sides.

but a crime is a crime is a crime as Gertrud Stein would say (a rose is a rose is a rose)

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said his government would not allow protesters to intimidate the public

Leader of multicoloured campaign decided to return to Bangkok on Friday after a group of red shirts in Khon Kaen province blocked an exit road near Khon Kaen airport and searched for him.They stopped every vehicle going out of the airport and searched for Dr Tul Sitthisomwong.

Somehow this information must not have gotten through to Khon Kaen or the local Sheriff is also on Thaksins payroll

Oh come on Herm, you know that's not how it goes.

The reds were at the airport to welcome and "invite" Dr Tul to share his views on democracy and freedom of speech with them, and to engage in the sort of debate that the reds hope will characterise the new democratic Thailand. They are currently sitting around scratching their heads in confusion as to why Dr Tul, who didn't want to partake, returned to Bangkok. They believe it is because he knew he would have lost a "debate" with them due to their superior logic, advanced social policies and incisive critique of his "yellow propaganda".

Ins't that right levelhead, winnie, et al??

tulsathit: the reds rebuilding Chula hospital blockade say they were ordered by Seh Daeng who was worred about dispersal.

Fri Apr 30 2010 18:19:28 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

It also seems the local residents may be not taking kindly to this with some commotion apparently going on

TAN Network: INN: Reds set up barriers in front of Chula Hospital again according to Gen Katiya's orders

THE NATION: reports from Chula hospital say reds r rebuilding blockade in front of the hospital after having taken it down earlier today.

MOTHER F*(#)@rs

Hey, maybe Thaksin is going to check in at Chula Hospital. Oh, wouldn't that be a hoot!

For an autopsy with any luck................... :)

Don't hold your breath, the MF looked pretty healthy in the interview he gave at the airport in Montenegro - no sign of hair loss and his neck (usually the first sign of severe illness) not a wrinkle

not really because this goverment has a lot more blood on its hands!! after the april 10th bloodbath

Really? I guess you haven't seen the video evidence of soldiers being targeted with grenades, red shirts toting AK47s, black clad men behind red shirt lines setting up, taking aim, and firing on security forces, snipers in windows, etc. etc. etc. The evidence is conclusive. The red shirts harbored a military force whose aim was to take out soldiers and their commanders. They may well have taken out 6 red shirt protesters to create a few martyrs along the way, according to autopsy reports.

yeh i know av/goverment, their media and lackeys are trying to blame all the 25 deaths and 800 injuries on the black shirts...

and trying to whitewash their part in the bloodbath...

http://twitgoo.com/u0l6t http://twitgoo.com/u0l13

MOTHER F*(#)@rs

Maybe Thaksin is been treated for his comma or what so ever in Chula hospital, by Dr. Tul? You never know. This is quite possible.

Common knowledge, boychik. Google it yourself.

Samak was on the sidelines in 1976, admittedly egging on violence in a disgraceful way.It remained a shadow over his whole political career.

However if you really want a detailed debate (which under the rules of the forum we can't) on 1976 events,specifically who financed and supported the Red Gaurs and other savage murdering thugs the results would surprise many without longish memories. I have a feeling you would find the same forces including some still active players thirsting for a bloody crackdown on the Reds, and the reasons would essentially be the same as in 1976.

On the Chula invasion? There's no possible excuse for this.

Edited by jayboy

Man from Phichit asks Democrat to help send him, 24 friends home

BANGKOK: -- A man from Phichit went to the Democrat Party head office Friday and asked the party to help send him and 24 friends back home.

More evidence that many of the red shirts are being VICTIMIZED by their very own warlord leaders. ...

Actually more an evidence that the people who attend the rally don't get paid and that coming from a witness who openly admit that he would sell his political opinion for money and is only here for the ฿ bill.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said his government would not allow protesters to intimidate the public

Leader of multicoloured campaign decided to return to Bangkok on Friday after a group of red shirts in Khon Kaen province blocked an exit road near Khon Kaen airport and searched for him.They stopped every vehicle going out of the airport and searched for Dr Tul Sitthisomwong.

Somehow this information must not have gotten through to Khon Kaen or the local Sheriff is also on Thaksins payroll

Oh come on Herm, you know that's not how it goes.

The reds were at the airport to welcome and "invite" Dr Tul to share his views on democracy and freedom of speech with them, and to engage in the sort of debate that the reds hope will characterise the new democratic Thailand. They are currently sitting around scratching their heads in confusion as to why Dr Tul, who didn't want to partake, returned to Bangkok. They believe it is because he knew he would have lost a "debate" with them due to their superior logic, advanced social policies and incisive critique of his "yellow propaganda".

Ins't that right levelhead, winnie, et al??

:)

http://twitgoo.com/u0l6t http://twitgoo.com/u0l13

I will go down and have a look tonight. Your ref pictures is not very clear where are they moving the fort to.

Thanks anyway. Cheers.

He said he joined the rally on Tuesday and was told he would be paid Bt200 or Bt300 a day.

He said he has not received any money so he and 24 friends decided to go home but they did not have money.

LOL, they don't fight for Thaksin but for freedom and democracy, against those bloody oppressors! :)

Prove it. Your statement is at odds with almost every report by domestic and international journalists.

An independent committee probing drug-related killings during the first Thaksin Shinawatra government has found no concrete evidence linking senior figures with the murders, a Justice Ministry source said yesterday.

After five months of inquiries, the panel, led by former attorney general Khanit na Nakhon, has obtained only statistical details about the number and nature of the murders.

But no conclusion that would implicate police or Thaksin as the instigator of the shoot-to-kill policy has been reached.

a lot of the death were just "normal homicides" that would had occurred without war on drugs or not.

:)

Quoting a Junta ordered report? Did a forum red just do that?

now for the parts that he left out --- AND his substantial understatement ----

The Khanit na Nakhon panel is said to have opted not to name at least three political office-holders involved in administering Thaksin's highly controversial policy, despite discovering their involvement.

The report said 2,819 people were killed in 2,559 murder cases between February and April in 2003. Of those killed, 1,370 were related to drug dealing, while 878 of them were not. Another 571 people were killed without apparent reason.

Some 54 people were killed in shootouts with police officers, 41 with known drug-related links but two without any known ties. Another 11 people were killed but it is not known how they were involved in the shootouts.

The overall murder rate two years before and two years after the three-month 'War on Drugs' was 454 cases a month, or a third of the number killed between February and April 2003.

Now --- that Thaksin had more than one War on Drugs --- OR that there is now research being done into the cases --- OR that the official government report doesn't match up with numbers reported daily at the time .... OR that it entirely disregards Thaksin's public statements at the time AND that of other people --- OR that there were 3 senior figures involved that they chose NOT to name in that report ....

Oh well ---- look it up, the number is in excess of 2600+, There are reports all over that confirm it, There is an ongoing investigation .....

yeh i know av/goverment, their media and lackeys are trying to blame all the 25 deaths and 800 injuries on the black shirts...

and trying to whitewash their part in the bloodbath...

You tried that line in another thread.

No one has said that ALL the deaths and injuries were caused by the black shirts.

YES, they are paid money and YES they do have their ID's confiscated ...

Man from Phichit asks Democrat to help send him, 24 friends home

BANGKOK: -- A man from Phichit went to the Democrat Party head office Friday and asked the party to help send him and 24 friends back home.

Kirkkiart Kulthonbodi came to the Democrat head office at 4 pm.

He said he joined the rally on Tuesday and was told he would be paid Bt200 or Bt300 a day.

He said he has not received any money so he and 24 friends decided to go home but they did not have money.

The man said 18 of 25 men from Phichit had their ID cards seized by some rally organisers.

Kirkkiart said he will have to return to the rally site to sign his name at 6 pm before sneaking out again.

Democrat MP from Phichit, Naraphat Kaewthong, took the man's phone number for contacting him later.

-- The Nation 2010-04-30

A piece from breaking news...

"The doctors, who performed the autopsy, announced that the troop, Pvt Narongrit Sala, was killed by a bullet fired from a far distance and the bullet entered his left side of the brain."

I thought "official" story from BBC was that the soldier was killed from a close distance by policeman, after the soldier drove through the red barricade and was mistaken for a protester going at the army.

The "from a far distance" does not support the story. Did BBC get it wrong again?

I am starting to believe Aljazeera seems more creditable than many news sources lately... Kind of strange to say...

I have watched Al Jazeera since they first started broadcasting in English. I am quite impressed by them. (Their background info shows are not even openly biased --- but I have noted that they use soft sad music when talking to/about palestinians and no music when talking to jews! :) ) Really --- for News I trust them more than anyone else!

I've never wathced Al Jazeera but I've heard the same thing as you say here from others in the past.

LOL, they don't fight for Thaksin but for freedom and democracy, against those bloody oppressors! :)

I am looking at another angle.

Is this a proof that the RED never pay their protesters?

They were led to believe by the government/PAD/Multi-color/NBT/what ever, that the RED are paying 200-300 a day so they came. Now they are facing the truth, and want Mark to pick up their bill.

I find this angle quite amusing. I am sure most of you (including myself) don't believe it. :D :D :D

Thaksin killed nobody. And the number of 2600+ Thai killed in the war of drug exaggerated and outdated and not conform with the latest investigation.

Let's paste the rest of that article. According to various sources, many of the extrajudicial killings that were related to Thaksin's program were not really related to drugs but were mislabeled as such. I would say mozeltov's viewpoint is not reflected by the vast majority of the international reporting on the drug war.

Rest of the article

The outcome [of the investigation] is likely to be considered by many as a failure, because the panel's objective was to bring those responsible for the murders to justice - be they police officers or anyone in higher authority who encouraged extrajudicial killings.

The Khanit na Nakhon panel is said to have opted not to name at least three political office-holders involved in administering Thaksin's highly controversial policy, despite discovering their involvement.

The report said 2,819 people were killed in 2,559 murder cases between February and April in 2003. Of those killed, 1,370 were related to drug dealing, while 878 of them were not. Another 571 people were killed without apparent reason.

Some 54 people were killed in shootouts with police officers, 41 with known drug-related links but two without any known ties. Another 11 people were killed but it is not known how they were involved in the shootouts.

The overall murder rate two years before and two years after the three-month 'War on Drugs' was 454 cases a month, or a third of the number killed between February and April 2003.

Edit: Oops, I see this was already done. Well, worth pointing out.

Edited by rabo

Good luck both sides.

The term "Freedom Fighters" denotes connotations of say the French Underground during WW2 that over threw the Nazis.

The term "Terrorists" denotes connotations of Al Queda ... bombing markets etc... attacks on civilian targets.

I think saying "Good luck to both sides" is in bad taste to both the Government, the Reds and Thai people in general.

This isn't a war yet... and you don't want one.

Cheers

Noppadol: "I don't knw what to do (about Thaksin's dead rumours). I'll find an opportunity to ask him to make a public appearance."

With any good luck Thaksin will be stuffed and mounted for the appearance .

Anyone know a good taxidermist :) ?

They did not "storm" the hospital. They entered it and searched it because they believed it was being used by the army to set up an operation against them.

Nobody was hurt

No damage was done.

The hospital reacted by evacuated most of the patients (why) nobody interfered with the medical staff or patients. Good theater though...Bet the Nation lapped it up.

They have offered a public apology

They have admitted that it was wrong.

They fuc_ked up. It was not a smart move.... :D

They are mostly feeling embarrassed and trying to explain, or make excuses for their bad behavior.....

The US, UK and allies invaded Iraq because they believed that Iraq had WMD's They fuc_ked up as well....no WMD's..oh dear....get over it.

People fuc_k up...especially when under severe stress.....get over it.

Wait 24 hrs....the government will almost certainly fuc_k up even more...they will probably send in troops to occupy a hospital now because

they figure that the reds won't risk another "storming".......then we can start all over again...and get over that too.

I'm very sorry this happened. On behalf of all Thaksin/Red apologists....we are very very sorry. We have apologised OK... :D ..but we are watching

next time the other side fuc_ks up...you are gonna hear from us ...at least 40 pages of "told you so's", but most of us seem to have a better vocabulary

range than the anti-reds, so we will used better, more original and even kinder language on you. Won't take long, stay tuned.... :D

Oh, this is a classic. I don't feel the need to comment. I will not used more better languages to insult you.

:D Quite the classic! Hey vicco, i'm staying tuned mate, can't wait for the 'more original and even kinder language' that you 'will used' :D :D Marvellous display of stupidity. (reds or vicco? You decide :cheesy: )

There you go....I made a small typing error and wrote "used" instead of "use".....I realize typing errors and misspelled words are rare.. :) on here so yes I feel really stupid in the presence of such articulate and high minded company. I will try to be more careful in the future. You notice that I never call anyone stupid...even if I think they are, and I'm not going to start even if you think it's a clever thing to say about someone you know absolutely nothing about. I will say this much. My tongue in cheek comments on language use were followed by a :D .... I think most people with any sense of humor or intelligence would understand the spirit in which such a remark was made.....but I could be wrong...this forum is full of surprises.

Now back to the mud slinging...we're not even up to 50 pages yet.

Sae Daeng is back ----- and setting things up to achieve what the reds wanted last night ....

WHY would they be setting the barriers back up if not to cause more problems at Chula?

so they moved the barriers back and now they move em forward again, suppose thats one way of keeping the foot-soldiers busy. cant believe it . good job they evacuated but maybe now they want a roof over there tinny heads

they are telling us how silly we are, who offer our kindness to accept their apology, and listen to they defence ! all BS, now they challenged what they know to be BAD !