Chulalongkorn Hospital Evacuated After Stormed By Red-Shirts

webfact

so the soldiers who they did not find opend fire ???

None of the reporters that were there have reported any shots fired have they?

I think Natthawut is making things up.

You THINK he is making things up? You are a very polite person. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webfact just posted that they had to transfer the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand Buddhism to Siriraj, due to the threat of the reds.

OOOOPPS! (What the Red Leaders are thinking right now).

Particulary when today the 'red emerald Buddah' by the side of the red stage, fell off the table and broke in two pieces! Bad bad karma!

actually, that was 2-3 weeks ago.

Sorry was in todays news

bad karma does have a way of coming back around............

the reds used giant fire crackers during the time, but no shootings in the hospital were reported.

thats not what that poster markokang has posted here..

or did you choose not to acknowledge his statement because it didnt fit into yr cause?

the reds used giant fire crackers during the time, but no shootings in the hospital were reported.

or did you choose not to acknowledge his statement because it didnt fit into yr cause?

Take a look at that post again and then look for ANY verification from anywhere else! An unsubstantiated claim is worthy of only the credence that any individual chooses to give it.

and all the international coverage they all wrong ??? ( bbc, cnn, etc.

If he can't do his job, he should resign. Don't Thai policemen take an oath to uphold the law? Maybe not.

Why don't you go and remind him yourself.

PS. He collects guns and is considered very 'jai ron', good luck.

The sad thing is that also a lot of educators, government officials and others are pretty much red.

So we have the police, army, educators, government officials, and poor people all red and yet the Thai government doesn't listen to them.

How does that work?

Oh I remember, the government wasn't elected, they had a coup, that's all right then.

Just to remind those who may have missed it:

In Thailand the government is not elected by the people.

The people elect the members of the parliament, the House of Representatives and half the Senate. These MPs then elect the government. And for this, they may form alliances. That's what happened. First, a majority of MPs choose Samak who was found guilty of breaking the law. So they elected Thaksin's brother in law. But then a certain political party close to Thaksin and his BIL was found guilty of electoral fraud and the board incl. the then PM were banned from politics and the party dissolved.

That's when these remaining MPs (remember, they all got elected by the people), choose another PM, this time Abhisit.

Now, Sarahsbloke, please tell us what was wrong, illegal, unconstitutional here? Maybe you know something we don't know.

Yeah that Samak...nasty piece of work.....knocking up a ceasar salad on TV........personification of evil......makes me sick. :)

How can five people looking around a hospital in the company of staff be a terrorist act? The nation headline is hysterical nonsense and the event is being used as crude propaganda against the UDD, the place was not stormed,we are not talking about the bastille, hardy a big deal. Pic of people being evacuated is the result of an over reaction from the Hospital, but it looks good in the media, evil reds force closure of Hospital, utter crap.

I think you need to research this a little more...

Here is a pic of a patient who is in critical condition and docs are really worried about the 1 month old baby. Thanks, reds...good job... :)

A piece from breaking news...

"The doctors, who performed the autopsy, announced that the troop, Pvt Narongrit Sala, was killed by a bullet fired from a far distance and the bullet entered his left side of the brain."

I thought "official" story from BBC was that the soldier was killed from a close distance by policeman, after the soldier drove through the red barricade and was mistaken for a protester going at the army.

The "from a far distance" does not support the story. Did BBC get it wrong again?

I'm surprised the BBC correspondent hasn't got a red shirt on when reporting.

However, Natthawut apologized to the hospital's staff and patients over the inappropriate behavior of some protesters and red-shirt guards, but asked for sympathy as they are waging this political war with their bear hands.

This has to be one of the funniest things that I have heard in this entire escapade. If English isn't your first language then let me explain.

If you are intending to say "without any weapons" you would say "with their BARE hands". "With their BEAR hands" means that they have paws. For a moment I pictured the image of the red shirt leaders on stage fumbling about with the microphone because they have bear's paws (hands).

If you still don't get this then you probably haven't sampled such a wide variety of the world's bountiful substances as I have and I apologise for heading off on a tangent!!

Reds in Bangkok storm a hospital looking for soldiers.

Reds in Khon Kaen blockade an Airport looking for a doctor.

Red leader storms a McDonald's and attacks a Big Mac.

A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says "why the long face"

Only one is a joke.

His post is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Chulalongkor...92#entry3554492

Everyone reported it as firecrackers at the time.

Edited by whybother

However, Natthawut apologized to the hospital's staff and patients over the inappropriate behavior of some protesters and red-shirt guards, but asked for sympathy as they are waging this political war with their bear hands.

This has to be one of the funniest things that I have heard in this entire escapade. If English isn't your first language then let me explain.

If you are intending to say "without any weapons" you would say "with their BARE hands". "With their BEAR hands" means that they have paws. For a moment I pictured the image of the red shirt leaders on stage fumbling about with the microphone because they have bear's paws (hands).

If you still don't get this then you probably haven't sampled such a wide variety of the world's bountiful substances as I have and I apologise for heading off on a tangent!!

:D Like it....."the world's bountiful substances"..........it seems the red leadership may well be indulging at little too much me thinks... :)

Abhisit and the army can solve all this tomorrow: Abhisit must call an election and the Army must pledge to defend the democratic government that results. Problem solved.......except that Abhisits paymasters in the ruling elite won't let him, they will desperstely cling on to their outmoded power and privelige..at any cost.

and all the international coverage they all wrong ??? ( bbc, cnn, etc.

It wouldn't be the first time. They do have a habit of getting their facts wrong when covering events in Thailand.

Not just on politics, which always seem to favour Thaksin et al, but their coverage of the Tsunami was pretty poor too.

Still, surely a sign of devine disapproval?

Devine (aka Harris Glenn Milstead) was a drag queen actor in the 1980s, since deceased. If you meant "divine", it's only superstition, but if it rocks their boat, then I'm all for it. :):D

Evacuations are a good PR move from the government. Totally unneeded but it makes the Reds look even worse.

Most patients are leaving voluntarily because they are now AFRAID.

Don't even try to justify the red hospital raid, its an act of animals.

That's the intent of terrorism. To create massive fear by violent intimidation.

Yeah that Samak...nasty piece of work.....knocking up a ceasar salad on TV........personification of evil......makes me sick. :)

Don't you think a PM should just concentrate on being a PM, instead of having a job as a chef on TV too?

It does explain a lot though. Samak didn't get much done while he was PM. (RIP)

Markokang --- why do not even the Reds document what you claim?

The initial tweets in the Nation's daily news thread reported the sound of gunfire, which was later corrected to be fire crackers.

Obviously one of the two reports is wrong.

I was there: I have a photo of the shells, meaningless I know, as that could have been taken anywhere.

Where was "The Nation" when this happened?

But I AM surprised it was reported as firecrackers! Thats a blatant lie (or serious mistake) by someone.

Oh, I believe your story could be true, I was only pointing out that the correction saying the initial gunfire sound was actually firecrackers could equally be wrong. If the gunfire was very short lived, as you say, the reporter may have backtracked out of uncertainty, since he didn't see.

Post the shell pictures, be interesting.

Everyone reported it as firecrackers at the time.

There were several tweets doing the rounds at the time saying it was gunfire, but was later confirmed to be firecrackers.

As Voltaire said "In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation."

Abhisit and the army can solve all this tomorrow: Abhisit must call an election and the Army must pledge to defend the democratic government that results. Problem solved.......except that Abhisits paymasters in the ruling elite won't let him, they will desperstely cling on to their outmoded power and privelige..at any cost.

Problem not solved. Calling elections because of a minority mob of thugs is not a very good solution.

MCOTEnglishnews: Finance Minister Korn warns if mass street protests last until end of the year, they may reduce 2010 economic growth by 2 percentage points

From the locked Rally page

Looks like a subtle statement from the Dems that they will NOT be dissolving parliament before their offered compromise date of one year early!

Take a look at that post again and then look for ANY verification from anywhere else! An unsubstantiated claim is worthy of only the credence that any individual chooses to give it.

that might be true...But theres a lot more unsubstantiated claims that fly around this forum with verification only coming from one side of the void..

and if it suits yr side of the cause yr run with it as much as you can!

After all we are in the middle of a propaganda war...and the av/goverment side have just scored a big hit!

Don't you think a PM should just concentrate on being a PM, instead of having a job as a chef on TV too?

It does explain a lot though. Samak didn't get much done while he was PM. (RIP)

Samak -- red shirt hero, Thaksin puppet PM, chef, implicated in the 1976 mass murder of peaceful, non-violent Thai students at Thammasat U.

Natthawut claimed they returned at 9 p.m. so the group decided to raid the building.

He also said soldiers in the hospital building opened fire at protesters when they entered.

humungus_speech.jpg

Someone please shut off his microphone before he embarrasses himself any further with false claims.

*Natthawaut may not appear as pictured, artist's depiction used.

Edited by lazurus

Just like happens in the UK (not)?

Many of the Reds come from Thailand's rural poor and urban working classes and seek the return of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a 2006 coup and now lives overseas to avoid a jail term for corruption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you are forgetting the large proportion of violent criminals -

I think they are also forgetting the filthy rich leaders of the poor reds...