Aloha From Waikiki!

thaistick

Just flew in to Honolulu last week and took possession of my new condo on Kalakaua Avenue and am sitting on my lanai with a view of my 2 favorite hotels,the Surfrider and Hilton Hawaiian Village,on my right and a view of Diamond Head on my left with a gorgeous sunset on the ocean's horizon.

Tomorrow it's off to the local surf shop to buy my first real surfboard.No more boogie boards and cold dinky New Jersey shore waves from now on!What beaches in LOS are known as a surfer's mecca?Hope I don't grow to like it here too much as I will be eligible for a retirement visa in 5 years and was planning on retiring in LOS.

Mahalo!

For your first real surf board......Check the phone book for surf shops located outside of Waikiki Take your time and look around,get a used board. You will save alot of money.No need to buy a new one when your just getting started.

Takes some getting used to these long Hawaiian names!A street sign is 3 feet long just trying to fit Kamehaluliki.... Ave on it.Must be some link to Thailand as Thai names are just as long as Hawaiian names are.Fortunately a lot of Thais with Thai restaurants live here as I still like Thai green curry chicken a lot more than poi.