Bangkok: Red-Shirts Slam Chulalongkorn Hospital For Evacuating Patients

i have idea for government win. everybody falang on this site wish for win and only post against reds.

come on you can do it

So you're saying (as you have in several threads) that because pro-reds have nothing to say, that only anti-red posts are allowed.

How about trying to come up with some pro-red discussion points?

I think that first Reds should give up their agressive and stubborn position, they should come back within the law, and I am sure that then, a constructive discussion about their views will be possible. Until then, discussion about terrorists' requests is not an option.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have idea for government win. everybody falang on this site wish for win and only post against reds.

come on you can do it

So you're saying (as you have in several threads) that because pro-reds have nothing to say, that only anti-red posts are allowed.

How about trying to come up with some pro-red discussion points?

One good thing about the reds is that they are stupid enough to have provided the government with limitless evidence to prosecute them for an anti monarchist plot, incitement to violence and links to the blackshirt terrorists in their piblications Truth Today and Voice of Taksin as well as recording incriminating speeches by the leaders on their TV channel.

THE NATION: Arisman told redshirts: "We'll again have a chance to flex our muscles."

I do not condone violence, but I wish somebody would bitchslap this guy in public, with a hundred people watching and laughing. :)

Just to remind ourselves of who DOES condone violence, this from The Voice of Taksin.

m79.jpg

I dont think the Red shirt going home will be the end, not even the begining of the end. Thaskins has been chasing his agends for the last 4 years and hes like a dog with a bone. But I think the movement has grown beyond his control and this movements still have a few aces up their sleeve, and theres a joker in the pack

I think Thaksin play's the fractions within the red movement like a puppet master.

I have 3 dogs at home, one a very large powerful dog who barks but doesn't really bite - another a Jack Russel who keeps the other 2 busy - the third is what the Thais call a Banceau - big, powerful and she will bite yet hardly ever barks

Katthiya, the quite one is the chap to watch right now, he is probably the most dangerous of the lot. Those many tons of explosives and arms that disappeared from his army barracks are somewhere and his frequent visits with Thaksin in Cambodia show clearly where his loyalty lies. Here is a former General who has burned all bridges behind him with no way back, lots of weapons and an unknown number of loyal soldiers who support him and Thaksin.

It is disgusting and disgraceful that this hospital incident has been used as propaganda by Team Yellow, and patients have been moved for no reason other than for photo's by the craving Yellow media channels.

The Reds did not take weapons in.

They hurt nobody.

They beat nobody.

They killed nobody.

Nobody died.

Nobody suffered.

It was just a minor inconvenience for a short period of time.

What is disgusting is the Yellow media making all this patient moving happen just so they can take photo's for the propaganda.

I am not a "Yellow" or "Red" or... ___ this comment above makes me want to vomit big time. Why? NO country I can think of... dictatorship, communism, - the worse country in the world would have a "political" group stampede into a hospital -----but anywhere in the world a country (good or bad) would have a military to support the leader to handle such yo-yo's.

Till now I taught that storming hospitals could not happens in countries like Somalia,Palestine and Afganistan. Is this the civilisation level the Reds like to have in thailand?

I dont think the Red shirt going home will be the end, not even the begining of the end. Thaskins has been chasing his agends for the last 4 years and hes like a dog with a bone. But I think the movement has grown beyond his control and this movements still have a few aces up their sleeve, and theres a joker in the pack

I think Thaksin play's the fractions within the red movement like a puppet master.

I have 3 dogs at home, one a very large powerful dog who barks but doesn't really bite - another a Jack Russel who keeps the other 2 busy - the third is what the Thais call a Banceau - big, powerful and she will bite yet hardly ever barks

Katthiya, the quite one is the chap to watch right now, he is probably the most dangerous of the lot. Those many tons of explosives and arms that disappeared from his army barracks are somewhere and his frequent visits with Thaksin in Cambodia show clearly where his loyalty lies. Here is a former General who has burned all bridges behind him with no way back, lots of weapons and an unknown number of loyal soldiers who support him and Thaksin.

Thank you for the random info on your pets. There is probably a forum for pet discussions that might benefit from it. Khattiya is indeed the wild card, I don't think he really wants to return to his post as an aerobics instructor so he has very little to lose.

Protesters remove barricades up to entrance to Queen Sirikit Building

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirt protesters Sunday agreed to remove barricades on Rajdamri Road up to the entrance to the Queen Sirikit Building of Chulalongkorn Hospital.

The protesters started removing barbed wires, tyres and sharpened bamboo sticks on the Rajdamri Road in front of the entrances to the emergency building and Queen Sirikit Building following a talk with Metropolitan Police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Santhan Chayanon at 9:30 am.

-- The Nation 2010-05-02

Weren't the police ordered to remove the barricade and not to allow protesters past a specific intersection? Is this building at that intersection?

Edited by jcbangkok

i dunno if anybody has posted this already,sorry if they have but has anybody read the following account to what happened

Pure cunning of the state security apparatus and their army friends portrayed through the media as Red occupation of Chula Hospital. Here's the truth from firsthand accounts, including a close friend currently at the protest site: on the morning of the 28 April the Director of Chula Hospital ordered the moving of patients out of two buildings to other hospitals without any reason. Outpatients was open as usual. In the evening Red Guards asked to check inside the hospital as two security guards at the hospital arrested them and then let them go. However, a group of soldiers ran from the hospital building and crossed the road toward Suriwong Road and later to rejoin an army site situated on Silom Road. Soldiers shot twelve rounds to scare the red guards who in turn then then ran back to the rally site. Morning 29 April, Hospital Director referred to a higher authority requesting to unblock the road and that there would not be any army or police around. The three core leaders (Jatupon, Wiira, and Nuttawut) agreed, even as it was apparent that there were no patients inside since midday the day before. This road is strategically vital because it connects to the back of the Red stage. But the director did not keep his word. In the evening, eye witness accounts noted around 400 heavily armed soldiers located near the protestors and inside the hospital building itself. There were no patients and all lights were turned off in these buildings. Then the army moved in close to the mouth of Silom Road: About 50 PAD simultaneously came to wave flags and taunted the protestors. The red guards then quickly replaced the barricades. The police and blue uniform special branch then ran across the road. It is clear that the final plot is being hatched: Newin's thugs have now infiltrated the protestors because of the mixed colours and the army using Chulalongkorn University grounds and the Hospital as a base for massing forces for the final crunch. the final push will come from at least two sides, but through the rear with the help of the "Hospital" director and the black shirt thugs are armed to move in close to the stage. It is anticipated to come early in the morning before five AM because that is the time that the day volunteers replace the night protestors. Did this account get reported in the media?

It was reported at New Mandala and a TV poster gave a very similar account. It doesn't in anyway mitigate the offense however.

Actually, if this account is true then it does mitigate the event quite considerably.

How? The military would have every right to go and post up wherever they feel it necessary to deal with a group of terrorist ILLEGALLY assembled under the rouge of a peaceful protest. The reds act like everyone else is up to no good and they are going to police the situation it's laughable!

Thank you for the random info on your pets. There is probably a forum for pet discussions that might benefit from it. Khattiya is indeed the wild card, I don't think he really wants to return to his post as an aerobics instructor so he has very little to lose.

Sorry about using a metaphor ...... didn't expect someone not getting it :)

Reporter: Why did you storm the hospital?

Redshirt Leader (RL): We can't create storms or rain. We are not god.

Reporter: Ok then. Why did you forcefully enter the hospital?

RL: To see if we could find any soldiers.

Reporter: Did you find any soldiers?

RL: No.

Reporter: Why were you looking for soldiers?

RL: Because they're the 'bad guys'.

Reporter: Why are they the 'bad guys'?

RL: Because they work for the government.

Reporter: But don't some of your leaders work for the government? Aren't they paid by the government?

RL: Well, yes....no. Look, I'm talking about a different government, ok?

Reporter: Which government are you talking about? Isn't there only one Thai government?

RL: This is not about the government...it's about democracy.

Reporter: Democracy?

RL: In a democratic society, protests are allowed.

Reporter: So, all of this bloodshed & mayhem has nothing to do with the protest?

RL: Of course not you silly farang! The government did all that.

Reporter: Do you believe in the 'rule of law' in your country?

RL: Of course we do. That's why we're here...to ensure that we have a democracy in which the 'rule of law' is obeyed.

Reporter: Aren't you breaking all the rules?

RL: I'm not talking to you any more. You know nothing about Thai Culture.

Standard answer to something they can't defend. Why do so many Thais drive on the wrong side of the road don't they know it's dangerous? answer: you don't understand Thai culture. seriously. Im surprised levelhead and the few others here have not tried to use that line yet but I'm sure it's coming and wouldn't be any less ridiculous than any other post they have come up with. :)

Reporter: Why did you storm the hospital?

Redshirt Leader (RL): We can't create storms or rain. We are not god.

Reporter: Ok then. Why did you forcefully enter the hospital?

RL: To see if we could find any soldiers.

Reporter: Did you find any soldiers?

RL: No.

Reporter: Why were you looking for soldiers?

RL: Because they're the 'bad guys'.

Reporter: Why are they the 'bad guys'?

RL: Because they work for the government.

Reporter: But don't some of your leaders work for the government? Aren't they paid by the government?

RL: Well, yes....no. Look, I'm talking about a different government, ok?

Reporter: Which government are you talking about? Isn't there only one Thai government?

RL: This is not about the government...it's about democracy.

Reporter: Democracy?

RL: In a democratic society, protests are allowed.

Reporter: So, all of this bloodshed & mayhem has nothing to do with the protest?

RL: Of course not you silly farang! The government did all that.

Reporter: Do you believe in the 'rule of law' in your country?

RL: Of course we do. That's why we're here...to ensure that we have a democracy in which the 'rule of law' is obeyed.

Reporter: Aren't you breaking all the rules?

RL: I'm not talking to you any more. You know nothing about Thai Culture.

Standard answer to something they can't defend. Why do so many Thais drive on the wrong side of the road don't they know it's dangerous? answer: you don't understand Thai culture. seriously. Im surprised levelhead and the few others here have not tried to use that line yet but I'm sure it's coming and wouldn't be any less ridiculous than any other post they have come up with. :)

:D:D excellent !!!!!!!

eye witness accounts noted around 400 heavily armed soldiers located near the protestors

And no one got a photo of this army? Not any of the many press photographers that are around? None of the independent photographers. Not any of the redshirts got a photo on their mobile phones ?

This account is about as believable as the redshirt claim that they only have bare hands to fight. Or the claim that they don't know who the men in black are. Or the claim that they want democracy. Or the claim that it isn't about Taksin. Or the claim they are peaceful. Or the claim that they are not involved in a plot against the monarchy. Or the claim that only 5 redshirts would enter the hospital.

eye witness accounts noted around 400 heavily armed soldiers located near the protestors

And no one got a photo of this army? Not any of the many press photographers that are around? None of the independent photographers. Not any of the redshirts got a photo on their mobile phones ?

This account is about as believable as the redshirt claim that they only have bare hands to fight. Or the claim that they don't know who the men in black are. Or the claim that they want democracy. Or the claim that it isn't about Taksin. Or the claim they are peaceful. Or the claim that they are not involved in a plot against the monarchy. Or the claim that only 5 redshirts would enter the hospital.

Be too good to be true that this anarchy would actually end today !! :)

Abhisit said the government knows exactly how to end all this and asks everybody to be patent ....... patience is running very thin in Bangkok after weeks of this malicious mob rule in its center

The statement reminds me of an advert on TV in the UK ... Yorkshire dales ... where is he ? he said he was coming Saturday ..... answer .. yea but he did not say which Saturday

Edited by Herm

Sorry about using a metaphor ...... didn't expect someone not getting it :)

You are writing to an audience that intentionally misunderstands lots of things, if you want them to get it you should let us know which dogs represent which groups or people.

You are writing to an audience that intentionally misunderstands lots of things, if you want them to get it you should let us know which dogs represent which groups or people.

The loud barking dog is obviously for the red shirt leaders who stand up on stage - the Jack Russel, busy, intelligent by nature is obviously Thaksin manipulating the game - and the Banceau the one that bites is the ex General / dance instructor who is the real danger right now given the circumstances

sorry, no more metaphor's

"We now have clear-cut measures to deal with it. We have made a decision to take an action, which is being carried out. Our operation will meet the international practice and we will try to minimise the impact," Abhisit said.

dam_n I wish the Nation would write some better English ..... especially when it counts .... reading the above it sounds that action IS happening while in another article today he said "no martial law declaration today"

What is one to make of this ????

"We now have clear-cut measures to deal with it. We have made a decision to take an action, which is being carried out. Our operation will meet the international practice and we will try to minimise the impact," Abhisit said.

dam_n I wish the Nation would write some better English ..... especially when it counts .... reading the above it sounds that action IS happening while in another article today he said "no martial law declaration today"

I read that as "we have made a decision to take an action (to do exactly what we have been doing) and it is being carried out."

Guess he subscribes to the less is more philosophy of action-easier to carry out. :)

Hard to say. It might be misdirection...lull the crowd into thinking they have some time without problems from the government. Then declare Martial Law and 5 minutes later bring the bulldozers right through the barricades on all sides.

I say bulldozers because there was a post on one of the forums last night, saying that five bulldozers had been brought to bear close to the base camp. Haven't seen any follow-up on that, but it's an interesting concept. Get the light trucks in, get the choppers with lights overhead, so everyone can see what is going on, and do it as a lightning strike with as little loss of life and injuries as possible.

It's been nice of the leaders to show us where they sleep...makes them easier to find.

In the end, Abhisit has said the government is working to a plan. I can understand that for national security reasons the plan is hidden from general public. It should prove quite interesting to see how this plays out.

I read that as "we have made a decision to take an action (to do exactly what we have been doing) and it is being carried out."

Guess he subscribes to the less is more philosophy of action-easier to carry out. :D

The actions are being carried out as we speak. Operation "Wait and see" is in full progress. :)

Hard to say. It might be misdirection...lull the crowd into thinking they have some time without problems from the government. Then declare Martial Law and 5 minutes later bring the bulldozers right through the barricades on all sides.

I say bulldozers because there was a post on one of the forums last night, saying that five bulldozers had been brought to bear close to the base camp. Haven't seen any follow-up on that, but it's an interesting concept. Get the light trucks in, get the choppers with lights overhead, so everyone can see what is going on, and do it as a lightning strike with as little loss of life and injuries as possible.

It's been nice of the leaders to show us where they sleep...makes them easier to find.

In the end, Abhisit has said the government is working to a plan. I can understand that for national security reasons the plan is hidden from general public. It should prove quite interesting to see how this plays out.

I would bet anything that whatever the plan is, the reds know all about it already - secrecy in Thailand? :)

The information about the bulldozers would fit in any plan to remove the mob since they would have to first remove the barricades and do so quickly, avoiding soldiers getting shot while trying to negotiate them I just hope they are going to use armored military dozers and not commercial one - can see the molotov-cocktails flying, burning drivers escaping and the whole thing collapsing before it starts

interesting times

Edited by Herm

Maybe they will construct a series of overpasses and underpasses through the various intersections affected, fence off the area and let the protesters stay forever.

Maybe they will construct a series of overpasses and underpasses through the various intersections affected, fence off the area and let the protesters stay forever.

:):D good one - anything is possible here

:D:D good one - anything is possible here

Indeed - and there is money to be made with that plan :)

I would bet anything that whatever the plan is, the reds know all about it already - secrecy in Thailand? :)

The information about the bulldozers would fit in any plan to remove the mob since they would have to first remove the barricades and do so quickly, avoiding soldiers getting shot while trying to negotiate them I just hope they are going to use armored military dozers and not commercial one - can see the molotov-cocktails flying, burning drivers escaping and the whole thing collapsing before it starts

interesting times

Send the bulldozers in during the day. Clear the barricades. The reds will respond with their arsenal, and the world will see their peaceful protests.

Then wait some more.

It is disgusting and disgraceful that this hospital incident has been used as propaganda by Team Yellow, and patients have been moved for no reason other than for photo's by the craving Yellow media channels.

The Reds did not take weapons in.

They hurt nobody.

They beat nobody.

They killed nobody.

Nobody died.

Nobody suffered.

It was just a minor inconvenience for a short period of time.

What is disgusting is the Yellow media making all this patient moving happen just so they can take photo's for the propaganda.

I am not a "Yellow" or "Red" or... ___ this comment above makes me want to vomit big time. Why? NO country I can think of... dictatorship, communism, - the worse country in the world would have a "political" group stampede into a hospital -----but anywhere in the world a country (good or bad) would have a military to support the leader to handle such yo-yo's.

Till now I taught that storming hospitals could not happens in countries like Somalia,Palestine and Afganistan. Is this the civilisation level the Reds like to have in thailand?

Of course it should be " could only happens"

I would bet anything that whatever the plan is, the reds know all about it already - secrecy in Thailand? :D

interesting times

Send the bulldozers in during the day. Clear the barricades. The reds will respond with their arsenal, and the world will see their peaceful protests.

Then wait some more.

I still think my plan to stop all this would work well:

fill water cannons with Klong water from Stahorn - collect all the pig farm excrement and add it to the Klong water - than spray the mob twice a day - the sun and a gazillion flies will drive most of the non combative out and than shoot the rest

It will also be bio degradable :)

:D

Edited by Herm

If the Reds were truly for the people, yesterday, would have been the perfect day to make a stand.

I have no idea, what their numbers were yesterday, at the Pro-Thaksin demonstrations, but I would guess, less than 30,000 (probably a lot less, most likely only a few thousand)

So, failed state, I don't think so. I think, things are going the Government's way. Thaksin's Protesters, will get more and more negative publicity, while they illegally occupy an importand part of Bangkok. There will be a lot of negative fallout, for Thaksin and his cronies, once this is all over. For the Reds, it's do or die or go home now and they don't have the numbers to do (overthrow the Government), so they either die or go home. I would strongly suggest they go home. Then, they can spin some more rhetoric at home, about how they tried to save Thailand from the other side. They can claim to be heroes, keep feeding the uneducated their bulls*it and maybe get elected again next year. Stranger things have happened :)

Of course, Thaksin will not allow that to happen, because, after spending all these millions, attempting to overthrow the Government, he wants to be the Ruler of Thailand, not the pathetic criminal, he is right now. If his Reds don't overthrow the Government for him, his political fantasies, about Thailand, will most likely come to an end. The Government has enough political ammo, to defeat any attempt of the TRT, PPP, Phea Thai, or whatever they want to reinvent themselves as, during the next election.

So, without Thaksin's buddies in power, he will remain a criminal on the run. His dreams of becoming Prime Minister (or more), will be shattered. Question is, how much blood, are his followers willing to spill for him? What about his little Mafia of Red leaders? Are they willing to die for their cause, or will they hide at McDonalds and enjoy a happy meal, while the their red pawns get shot? :D

I do globally agree with this analysis.

But in my opinion - and I guess I'm not alone wondering here - a key point remains unclear:

Is the lack of law-enforcement from the governement due to:

a) an elaborate strategy aimed at waiting for a self-destructive behavior from the Reds (like witnessed lately), leading to the natural end of the movement

:D an incapacity to get the army do the job due to political/internal rifts (police doesn't need to be mentioned here)

c) a real concern about a third armed force able to pose a significant threat to the army during operations

The first option would prove high strategic and political skills (even if similar to some gambling).

The second and the third would indeed justify concerns about a "failed state".

It was VERY stupid to attack a hospital... let's be honest - but to evacuate is pure 'theater' and politically motivated - no doubt - but who's brainwave was it to attck n the first place? here's a gun - now's where's my foot?

Another shameful apologia on overdrive. Keep it up!

No doubt the Princess' concerns for patients were just propaganda as well ?

It is not permitted to discuss the Monarchy on this forum - so please do not entice people to do so - everyone is 'concerned' for patients welfare and it was a stupid decision to invade a hospital - as I have said.