Which Hospital Do You Prefer?

grrr

Which hospital do you prefer?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe it is interesting to have a look at this thread as well:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Overbrook-Ho...rbrook+sriburin

You might meet the same doctor in more than one hospital in Chiang Rai, but I guess there is

less pressure on them and thus less chances for wrong diagnoses in the private hospitals.

Not much more than two or maximum three minutes should do for anamnese, diagnose,

prescription and/or treatment plan in the regional hospital.

The personal service, accommodation and general atmosphere will be more comfortable and

also the food will be better in the private hospitals.

I have great respect for the staff of the governmental hospital, as they are performing very

well under extremely difficult circumstances as they seem to accept many more patients than

their capacity normally spoken should allow.

That could be the reason for their high 'turn-over' concerning the number patients.

For each bed there are probably five patients queued up and many patients have therefore

to be sent home. These are very difficult decisions for doctors and staff as its consequence

might be very 'definite' for the patient concerned.

A Thai friend went with his 68 year old father. He waited all day and was told to come back next day.

Back to the village and next day back to town. At three o'clock afternoon it was his turn.

Though he was extremely weak he could not be taken in as no bed was free.

Two days later he passed away ...

In most cases the private hospitals tell you that you are 'allowed' to go home, but you are welcome

to stay if your inner voices tell you to do so.

Limbo :)

Edited by Limbo

Maybe it is interesting to have a look at this thread as well:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Overbrook-Ho...rbrook+sriburin

You might meet the same doctor in more than one hospital in Chiang Rai, but I guess there is

less pressure on them and thus less chances for wrong diagnoses in the private hospitals.

Not much more than two or maximum three minutes should do for anamnese, diagnose,

prescription and/or treatment plan in the regional hospital.

The personal service, accommodation and general atmosphere will be more comfortable and

also the food will be better in the private hospitals.

I have great respect for the staff of the governmental hospital, as they are performing very

well under extremely difficult circumstances as they seem to accept many more patients than

their capacity normally spoken should allow.

That could be the reason for their high 'turn-over' concerning the number patients.

For each bed there are probably five patients queued up and many patients have therefore

to be sent home. These are very difficult decisions for doctors and staff as its consequence

might be very 'definite' for the patient concerned.

A Thai friend went with his 68 year old father. He waited all day and was told to come back next day.

Back to the village and next day back to town. At three o'clock afternoon it was his turn.

Though he was extremely weak he could not be taken in as no bed was free.

Two days later he passed away ...

In most cases the private hospitals tell you that you are 'allowed' to go home, but you are welcome

to stay if your inner voices tell you to do so.

Limbo :)

I agree with you Limbo if the operation is major. With minor deseases like a cold, headache or even a broken leg, the government hospitals, especially the local ones, convenient. I have a card so I can get that treatment for free.

You were right btw about the gasoline price :D

• 3 months later...

Here is my experience with a recent Overbrook visit. But the post is more about the insurance agent, my wife and how things get done here.

Went to Overbrook because that is where my insurance agent said I should go. Just needed and x-ray and someone competent to read it and see if I was really hurt or not.

Got there, registered, bypassed the check in and went to screening. Pretty quick. Got number for screening. A female staff member stopped by me to see what number I have. "It will be a little while" she says. I tell her okay, make a few jokes and ask her how soon the wedding is going to be (diamond on her finger). Wedding is finished, she says. Tells me about Thailand and rings. Says "Excuse me " and goes to see the screening girls, comes back and gets me. Screened, off to the doc with no waiting, he takes a look, asks a couple of questions and sends me to the lab for x-ray. Click, click, finished.

Back to his office, wait about two minutes, go in, he and I look at the x-ray, nothing broken, here's a prescription, get it on the way out after you see billing. Go to billing, wait about three minutes, see that lady, she tells the wife that our bill has to be paid now because the insurance doesn't cover that. Wife calls agent, explains, agent speaks to lady on wife's phone, lady gives phone back to wife and tears up bill, says go see the doc again. Says go see the doc again. When we walk in, the doc is on the phone with the insurance agent. Gets off the phone, checks me out again, writes up another report and back we go to billing.

No bill, the insurance will pay. Get the scrip and go.

The wife is a wonderful, cheerful, pleasant, little being. But she is also tough as nails when necessary. I'm sure a lot of us are married to a woman just like that.

Who are you with Kd. Insurance ?

I had insurance but it only kicks in if we stay overnight, So we've always paid for the prescription.

Anyway, its a bit off-topic, so maybe PM me ;)

Don't know the name of the company but will let you know.