Tax Returns For Non Imm B

Hello,

I'm in the process of changing jobs and need to get a new Non Immigrant B Visa. One of the documents I apparently need is a certified tax return and payment receipt for my previous job. I have the documents from my previous employer, but I'm not sure about the certification. What does this mean? How do I get them certified?

They are on headed paper from the Revenue Department, so is this enough (as opposed to a pay cheque from the company) or do I need to get them stamped by someone from the Revenue Department? And if so, who and how?

Many thanks

"...the form Por. Ngor. Dor 91 is the personal annual tax return."

You fill this form out and submit it to the Revenue Department by the end of March each year. You'll also need the information from your employer showing amount paid and deductions.

The Revenue Dept will use the form to calculate your taxes. If you owe more, you'll pay. If you already had too much deducted, you'll sign a form and they'll send you a refund.

They'll give you a receipt which is what immigration wants to see.

For the annual tax return to be accepted you need the Revenue Department receipt and make sure you have the Por Ngor Dor 1 ( monthly tax statement ) for the most recent month also.

I have the Por. Ngor. Dor. 91 form from my employer and the payment receipt, it's only the certification I am worried about. Thanks Lopburi, I hope you're right. I can't really see how else I can do this.

Thanks everyone

Whilst applying for a 1 year visa extension I had the same problem. Certifying used to be a matter of signing yourself, but the last time I had to go to the provincial tax revenue office in order to get my tax returns and receipts certified. It simply means they stamp and sign the copies you have brought with you.

As well as the income tax return itself, the most important part is the cash register receipt, which you would have received from the Revenue Dept. if you paid a balance owing. That cash register receipt contains your Income Tax Number, and I think, also has your name on it. (Sorry, I don't have mine with me here to verify that.) For me, that has served as "certification" that I don't owe any income tax. At my employer, they don't deduct enough tax, so I am in the position of having to pay the balance owing every March, asnd receive a cash register receipt after I have done so. I copy my tax form, with the small receipt overlain, then sign and date the photocopy. That has always been sufficient.

If your employer has remitted the full amount owing on your behalf, he must have some sort of receipt for that.

Thanks for all advice.

As far as I can tell (I can't read Thai reliably, and my gf seems to think it's ok since it has a picture on top...) being a teacher in Isan on not much money, I haven't actually paid any tax and am not liable to. I have a receipt, and the ถดก 91 form but with lots of 0s. But they were emailed to me by my employer so not very official looking really.

Just had a look at the revenue department's website and they have a branch in my Amphoe so I think I can get them stamped there to make it a bit more official. Otherwise I will have to go to the Muang, which is not a huge deal. If anyone can confirm this then great, if not I will post again when I've found out more.

Might be a wild goose chase but I really don't want to have to make two trips to Laos!