Thailand Beach Photography

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you are REALLY addicted to beaches it's hard to beat anywhere in the Andaman Sea.

My favourite area is around Krabi where there are dozens of options near clear, unpolluted water.

Ao Nang Beach

Krabi_078.jpg

Krabi_172.jpg

That's about as crowded as it gets.

Aoh_Nang_beach_2.jpg

A short, inexpensive boat ride will take you to spectacular Railay Beach

Railey_Beach_1.jpg

Railey_Beach_5.jpg

Railey_Beach_7.jpg

Where you can rent a kayak for 100 baht an hour and explore sea caves..

Railey_kayaking_5.jpg

Railey_kayaking_10.jpg

Edited by IanForbes

And a little further boat ride from Ao Nang beach will take you to Hong Island where you can check out the huge monitor lizards, or swim in the clear water...

Hong_Isle_009.jpg

Hong_Isle_018.jpg

Hong_Isle_012.jpg

Hong_Isle_031.jpg

Monitor_lizard_1.jpg

The snorkling ain't half bad either...

Reef_fish_1.jpg

Congor_Eel_1.sized.jpg

Reef_fish_1_001.jpg

And for about 2000 baht you can take a day trip from Ao Nang beach on a speed boat to the Koh Phi Phi islands... with lots of stops along the way to visit the various sites, and to do a little snorkling along shallow reefs.

Koh_Phi_Phi_Isles_23.jpg

Koh_Phi_Phi_Isles_50.jpg

Bikini_hatch_Em.jpg

Kun_Eiy_1.sized.jpg

Koh_MaiPai_beach_2.jpg

Koh_Phi_Phi_Isles_45.jpg

Blackfin_sharks.jpg

If you drive from Krabi to Phuket, be sure to stop at Phang Nga and take a boat ride from the river mouth out to James Bond Island. It's a marvellous day trip with lots to see along the way: caves, beaches, ancient rock paintings and a stop at a floating village for a meal and seashell crafts for sale.

James_Bond_Isle_8.jpg

Phang_Nga_bay30.jpg

James_Bond_Isle_18.jpg

James_Bond_Isle_13.jpg

Phang_Nga_bay_23.jpg

Rock_paintings_2.jpg

Rock_paintings_3.jpg

Phang_Nga_bay_28.jpg

And finally, a trip around Phuket. Phuket not my most favourite place in Thailand because I find it a bit over priced when compared to other parts of Thailand. But it's always worth a trip once in a while.

Nan_1.jpg

Patong_Beach_bird.jpg

Patong_Beach_2.jpg

But, there is a whole lot more to Phuket than Patong beach with all its sleezy night life and fancy hotels. I much prefer Laem Sing beach and its beautiful sunsets.

Laem_sing_beach_sunset_5.jpg

Laem_sing_beach_sunset_6.jpg

It's where my friend stalked and caught a bright blue parrot fish by hand and later ate it.

Hand_fishing_9.sized.jpg

Hand_fishing_4.sized.jpg

Hand_fishing_5.sized.jpg

And if you rent a car and drive around the island province there is far more to see than just Patong beach

Phuket_002.jpg

Phuket_014.jpg

Rawai Beach is much quieter and far cheaper than Patong Beach.

Rawai_beach_2.jpg

Rawai_beach_3.jpg

@ Chaweng Beach, Ko Matlang..

DSCN2659.jpg

Sunset time..

DSCN2630.jpg

Ilyara Resort

DSCN2751.jpg

full moon rising over Ko Matlang

FullMoonoverKoMatlangI.jpg

Vista

DSCN2142.jpg

BeachFrontChawengCove.jpg

fish spotting..

ChawengCoveViewIII.jpg

from Chaweng Noi..

DSCN0607.jpg

Sunset@ Ban Tai

DSCN2201.jpg

secret beach

261adayoff26.jpg

BangPo Beach

k-BangPoBeach.jpg

Edited by Samuian

Nice photos, Samuian. Thailand has so many lovely beaches that it's hard to pick any particular one. There is a cross section of relatively deserted beaches mixed with the popular ones in resort areas. There is something for everyone. There are far fewer inland beaches because most of Thailand's lakes are actually reservoirs that don't lend themselves to forming beaches. Kanwin knows a few in Kanchanaburi and there is a small lake/reservoir near Chiang Mai that is quite pleasant... Huay Tung Thao. It gets quite busy on a Sunday afternoon when the local Thais go out for a meal beside the lake while letting the little ones have a splash in the relatively clean water. It's a nice 4 1/2 km walk around the lake.

Huay_Tung_Thao_9.jpg

Huay_Tung_Thao_10.jpg

Huay_Tung_Thao_8.jpg

I think the family and friends, and all the ladies on the beach are taking it a bit too far.

The thread is about Beach Photography, not the family snaps or the voyeur's view.

Thank you.

• Like 1

And another beach vendor on Wong Duean beach in Koh Samet.

Very few of them actually, and they're not really pushing hard to sell their stuff on the beach.

They're just passing by.

4573327101_50884158cd.jpg

Edited by eurasianthai

Hong Island is a beautiful place :)

A couple of "holiday snaps" on a cheap digital compact. Hong Island and Railay Beach West in 2007 and Kae Bae Beach, Koh Chang in 2006.

RAZZ

post-22947-1273395413_thumb.jpg

post-22947-1273395492_thumb.jpg

post-22947-1273395525_thumb.jpg

post-22947-1273395628_thumb.jpg

post-22947-1273395712_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAZZELL

I think the family and friends, and all the ladies on the beach are taking it a bit too far.

The thread is about Beach Photography, not the family snaps or the voyeur's view.

Thank you.

Okay, I'm sorry. I thought this was a thread about the various beaches around Thailand, and what you see at those locations. I didn't realize we shouldn't include photos with people in them.

Are these more appropriate?

Beach.jpg

beach_garbage.jpg

Beach_sand.jpg

Beach_sand_2.jpg

• Like 1

its impossible to have a bath on karon beach/phuket in these conditions...

a beachpatrol take care the guests not to hop in the sea. if, they hurry to get u out again. seems really dangerous with high waves...

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

• Like 1

Nice photos, Samuian. Thailand has so many lovely beaches that it's hard to pick any particular one. There is a cross section of relatively deserted beaches mixed with the popular ones in resort areas. There is something for everyone.

edited to shorten....

Agreed, yes many, many more....for everyone something, deserted, busy, party... remote... anything!

phuket, karon...

DSC_9346.jpg

That is a great shot! Timed just perfectly to highlight the couple in the big white wave. It gives the wave some perspective as to its size. Angles are nice an pleasing to draw the eye into the photo.

Here are a few more where people DO make the photo interesting. They give perspective to the size of the waves and the excitement the waves create. Without the people in the photo the picture would be rather boring.

Big_Surf.jpg

Kids_playing_in_surf.jpg

The ONLY thing that made this photo what it was is the stunning colour and reflection in the wet sand.

Sunset.jpg

• Like 1

Koh Jum

post-29230-1272811090_thumb.jpg

post-29230-1272811125_thumb.jpg

post-29230-1272811161_thumb.jpg

:):D:D

I really like this set of photos. The top one is a classic sunset photo. The middle photo of the toddler having fun with his dump truck in a sea of sand tells a story. The bottom Photo gives a nice low perspective of a beach sprinkled with small stones.

Keep the pictures coming, folks. And, nothing wrong with including pretty ladies. I don't know any male who DOESN'T like looking at lovely women in bathing suits. Scantily clad women on beautiful beaches go hand in hand. However, I understand the reason NOT to post those types of photos here. It would change the whole concept of the thread and turn it into something better posted in "Bedlam".

:D Here are just a few pics from my recent trip down to Krabi..

Let me know what you think.

Please do not copy the photos, :) if you would like a copy, just ask me..

Lovely pics

May be you need to clean your sensor though?