Non Immigrant 'o' Marriage Visa

I just received a new 1 year, multiple entry, Non Immigrant 'O' marriage visa, from Thai embassy in Abu Dhabi.

In the remarks area on the visa it says "extension of stay not permitted".

As I was planning to get a 1 year permit to stay based on this visa, I'm a bit worried.

Has anyone has similar written on their visa & had any experience getting a permit to stay ?

Thanks in advance.

In the remarks area on the visa it says "extension of stay not permitted"

Don't worry about this.

The remark is added to most Non-Imm visa stamps.

You can get an extension in Thailand if you meet the requirements.

opalhort

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of the day, when renewing your extension of stays visa, it would be totally up to the officer’s discretion whether to permit the renewal.

If the immigration confirms that extension of stay is not permitted, your alternative options would either be to re-apply for another Non “O” again in a year's time OR to come in to the country as another type of visa and later on apply for an extension of stay from the Thai Immigration in Chaengwattana location.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

The stamp no extension of stay is to alert you that it is not the same as a tourist visa and expendable for 30 days. If you qualify for extension of stay it should be issued. All extensions of stay should be made at the immigration office serving your location. A list can be found in useful information pinned items.