Heathrow Non Eu Channel

Next month,

I will be accompanying my wife from Thailand to the UK.

It is her first time to the UK.

We arrive at 7.15pm, the last train leaves Kings Cross at 10pm.

It takes 50 minutes by tube from Heathrow to Kings Cross.

How long does it take to get through the non eu channel,on a first visit??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which terminal?

Whichever, obviously the more flights that arrive at that terminal at the same time as yours, the longer it will take you to clear immigration. These days we go through the EU channel, but sometimes in T3 I've seen very long queues for the non EU channel, sometimes no queue at all!

Which terminal?

Whichever, obviously the more flights that arrive at that terminal at the same time as yours, the longer it will take you to clear immigration. These days we go through the EU channel, but sometimes in T3 I've seen very long queues for the non EU channel, sometimes no queue at all!

We will be arriving at Terminal 3.

My wife had her TB check in Bangkok in February,and has her certificate.

Do you get a long questionning by immigration,which may hold us up,getting out of heathrow??

Which terminal?

We will be arriving at Terminal 3.

My wife had her TB check in Bangkok in February,and has her certificate.

Do you get a long questionning by immigration,which may hold us up,getting out of heathrow??

When my wife first came they didn't look at her TB certificate and they asked maybe 2 or 3 questions. All in all, it took about 15 minutes to get through. If there are lots of other flights and you have to queue, you might be looking at 30 - 40 minutes. Pray you don't arrive at the same time as flights form India or Pakistan.

Not sure which airline you will be using.

The past 9 flights from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi to Manchester (Only 1 to Heathrow) Have all arrived about 30 minutes early.

This is with Etihad.

The wife now her 1st visit was through Heathrow, We did get asked a lot of questions he even called his supervisor but even so it stll took about 20 minutes.

So you should be OK.

May be worth checking like the above post about other flights arriving at a similar time to yours.

India flights would delay you lots.

It is a push my friend.

The plane cannot afford to land late, often a problem at LHR.

Time just eats up at that place walk, walk, walk, wait, wait, wait, and baggage can be ages too. You could also do without a nosy customs officer wanting to look into your stuff.

The tube ride is awful, as you probably know, dozens of stops. National Express busses re even slower in the traffic. A taxi would do it but it would cost. Watch free-lance crooks.

I do not want to worry you, but it sounds as if this will be on your mind from the moment you leave Bkk.

Can't you reconcile to a peaceful night in a cheapish London Hotel. There are a few around Victoria that I use; in Ebury Street. Nice pubs there too.

However, I am getting old and get hassled by rushing and last minute problems.

Edited by Beechboy

The past 9 flights from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi to Manchester (Only 1 to Heathrow) Have all arrived about 30 minutes early.

This is with Etihad.

The wife now her 1st visit was through Heathrow, We did get asked a lot of questions he even called his supervisor but even so it stll took about 20 minutes.

So you should be OK.

May be worth checking like the above post about other flights arriving at a similar time to yours.

Hi

We are returning on Eva Air.

Our last train leaves Kings cross at 10pm.

I have previously got from Heathrow to Kings Cross in 1hr 30 mins but I have rushed,

but with the wife and two big suitcases, it will undoubtedly take longer.

Maybe its a better idea to get a hotel for the night,and its not a good start

for my wife to start rushing around,when she first arrives in the UK.

Your wife can go through with you on the UK line.....be friendly and tell the guy.

Hang up is the baggage collection ..sometimes although EVA fairly quick

Also consider the Heathrow express if times are tight ...peng but only 15 min to Paddi then circle line to the X....although assuming no rail works (check on net TFL for info) U should be OK on the Picadilly .......

also assume thjat you have your tic for the train other wise ...on line again and collect onsite.. :)

Also consider the Heathrow express if times are tight ...peng but only 15 min to Paddi then circle line to the X....although assuming no rail works (check on net TFL for info) U should be OK on the Picadilly .......

I was also going to suggest the Heathrow Express, they run every 15 mins and it's a 15 min journey, you can book and print your tickets on-line. As you will have luggage I would suggest taking a cab from Paddington to Kings Cross, it's not too far and as you are travelling fairly late the journey would be quicker then the tube even though it's only five stops, but it would certainly be better than lugging your luggage up and down the stairs.

I agree with others that an overnight stop in London might be more relaxing, you don't want to spoil your trip by worrying about queues and train connections.

This is with Etihad.

So you should be OK.

Good luck,won't take long.

My Thai wife has always been allowed to come through the British channel if she is accompanying me. Saves alot of time.

Have a word with one of the IO's before the queues to see if they are still allowing this.

Your wife can go through with you on the UK line.....be friendly and tell the guy.

Before they got their British passports, my wife and step daughter used to come through the EU line with me. However, I was told by an IO at Heathrow that it was not possible on someone's first entry and even on subsequent entries it was at the discretion of the IO on duty.

Maybe put your wife in the non EU queue while you go and ask?

Even if you use the Heathrow Express, there are still too many chances of delay. A strong headwind can delay a flight for an hour or more! As others suggest; a night in a London hotel will save a lot of worry and rushing about; and leave you refreshed for the train journey the next morning.

This site is one of many offering guidance to hotels in the area.