What's Your Favorite Coffee?

civet coffee as well, but I get a mix from a Hanoi company

best coffee bean i bought was in Vietnam

i got a very good bland from Paragon, forgot the bland name, was about 2000 baht a kilo

most of the time, it is just a ok espresso i am having, i try many brands in Thailand, nothing to compare to Vietnam

99% of vietnamese civet coffee is a hoax no question about it.. made in a chemical vat that is supposed to represent the digestive tract....if your paying less than 300-500 usd retail youve been had... even then in vietnam its questionable that your getting the real deal either civet or deer, you want the real deal let me know ill provide pics of the lil devils... snacking away, pre and post production :D , no joke sumatra produces about 1,000 kgs a year max evrything else is farmed...ie bali, or chemicaly produced... vietnam... but i just scored 3 kgs :)

You must be totally right, i did not paid more of $40 a kilo, but believe me, it was good, and miss it.

Bit fermented and alcohol, chocolate after test, strong with good cream but so smooth, perhaps not for everyday consumption.

I generally get my bean from the fresh food market in Hanoi, big bean, golden brown, very hard shell, I can hear my grinder working harder on it, but Vietnam coffee for my experience are superior of whet i can find here (Thailand), i reduce my take to 2 double espresso a morning now, use to have double amount before.

I am sure in Indonesia you could find great coffee as well.

Edited by simcity

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 Weirdest Things I'd Ever Heard About Coffee!

weirdest%20thing%20about%20coffee.jpg

The first one: coffee is used in a recipe for reducing cellulite! Can you believe it!

As I remember it contains coffee and some liquid like oil or rose water, then firmly message for the area with this coffee paste before shower. It's supposed to reduce cellulite and weight as some people who tried it say!

I had never thought of recommending it, as for me coffee is coffee! That dark delicious awakening drink served in a cup! Yummy yum!

And the second; I am not a big fan of henna! And never tried it. But some recipes for preparing henna contain coffee (instant coffee in most of them) to give brown/gold shades for hair. In fact it was funny to me to know that as a coffee addict! =) just imagine having some coffee on my head without touching/drinking it! In their wildest dreams! :)

As for the third: when I was a little girl like 6 to 7 years I'd always been hypnotized by the smell of coffee! So when I visited anyone with my family and he/she prepares them coffee I always wondered "where is my coffee cup?" Their responses were always the same: "if young girls drink coffee they are going to have mustaches when they grow up!" So I'd always imagined Mr.Pringles mustache over a young lady and had to keep silent about the coffee cup of my dreams!

~

Those are the weirdest things I'd heard about coffee =), what about you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just received in the mail 3-kg (6 bags) of Lom Haun 100% Arabica coffee beans (details provided earlier in this thread), which my wife ordered by phone.

OMB, does it smell good. Cost was about 1000 baht for all of it, including shipping. About 170 baht per 500gm bag.

A very good deal for excellent coffee, IMO.

Can't wait until coffee-time tomorrow morn :coffee1: