Thai Gov't Renews Threat Of Force Against Red-Shirts Protesters

webfact

Common guys ! It's not Thaksin who's the bad guy, Sondhi and his club are. You are all falling for the propaganda the Thai " Goverment " is spitting out.

This is a war between Thaksin and Sondhi supporters.

Sondhi is a right winger, how can right wingers be for Democracy? They never where... They caused great wars

Remember bloody may 1992? Sondhi was behind this.

Remember 2005? Sondhi started " PAD " Because he said he was loosing money because of Thaksin having the media in his faviour. PAD was the major player in the 2005–2006 Thai political crisis that led to the 2006 military coup that toppled the Thaksin government.

Remember 2008/2009 Airports/Govermenthouse ? PAD

"Thaksin failed on the populist movement and now I think he has resorted to some sort of assassination attempt."[54]

Kasit revealed that he had planned to have lunch with the Sondhi on the day of the attack. Kasit also claimed that himself, Abhisit, Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij, and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban were planned targets for assassination, and that he was guarded by several fully armed marines.[55][56]

Meanwhile, Thaksin had the following to say:

It's [the Abhisit] government that has been given the license to kill [due to the state of emergency]. And I have the impression that the phase of "cut-off killings" has begun -- in other words, they are eliminating anyone who knows too much about the conspiracy of those in power against me.[57]

Don't forget the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondhi_Limthongkul

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

engineer -----

I assume you may be quoting Wiki ..... fair usage rules require you to cite your sources. I also assume that you have never read ANYTHING that Thaksin has said and done.

You have no idea who your talking to.....

Huh? Please inform me, who am I "talking to"?

You have made comments about Abhisit after he resigns. You have quoted some random internet article without citing the source. You have not mentioned anything about Thaksin's statements about Democracy; such as, "Democracy is not my goal" :)

engineer -----

I assume you may be quoting Wiki ..... fair usage rules require you to cite your sources. I also assume that you have never read ANYTHING that Thaksin has said and done.

But now we know what he is talking to. :)

Edited by lannarebirth

engineer -----

You have made comments about Abhisit after he resigns. You have quoted some random internet article without citing the source. You have not mentioned anything about Thaksin's statements about Democracy; such as, "Democracy is not my goal" :)

Jdinasia It's midnight there in CM and 81 degrees F. You should get a life.

engineer -----

Be careful there! jdinasia never posts one liners and all his posts are considered. Just ask him. He'll tell you so. LOL

:)

Ah the accuracy of kjp --- I did recently say that I rarely post one liners (not that I never do.)

The above is really a three liner

1)I assume you are quoting wiki

2)I informed him of fair usage (quoting uncited sources that are published on the internet.)

3) I made an observation about his comments based upon his holding Thaksin up as a model for democracy :D

On the other hand you paraphrased me in a way that was not factual :D Some people might consider that flaming :D

engineer -----

Be careful there! jdinasia never posts one liners and all his posts are considered. Just ask him. He'll tell you so. LOL

:)

Ah the accuracy of kjp --- I did recently say that I rarely post one liners (not that I never do.)

The above is really a three liner

1)I assume you are quoting wiki

2)I informed him of fair usage (quoting uncited sources that are published on the internet.)

3) I made an observation about his comments based upon his holding Thaksin up as a model for democracy :D

On the other hand you paraphrased me in a way that was not factual :D Some people might consider that flaming :D

Funny that you make such a claim. I recall someone unnamed who several weeks ago accused me of actually wanting to see people killed. thats's a pretty disgraceful accusation. Don't you think?

engineer -----

Jdinasia It's midnight there in CM and 81 degrees F. You should get a life.

One can assume that you are not in this timezone and thus nowhere near Thailand because of that post :D The temperature reference would suggest where. The last line would just be flaming again. (similar to your remarks about me living near the Reds main base in CM that you took a oneline shot at in another thread :D

To help you out with some more personal information...

Yes, I am in Chiang Mai. I have airconditioning. I go to sleep late and still get up fairly early. I don't hear any noise from the red camp up here right now but I will go out for a cigarette soon and answer for you. I actually understand a lot about politics here in Thailand because I study it.

Now ... back to the topic and away from your silliness ......

The reds have been handed with an offer that Thais will see as reasonable. Should they decide to turn it down they have also been offered the 'stick".

It is after midnight here

Red Shirt movement is about peace/love :) , unfortunately the government likes to kill/maim innocents. :D

which planet are you referring to? which country?! peace and love from red shirt people?

watch the youtube video above... lots of peace and love.... :D

Brit knows the violence of the reds and has always known it. His one-liners are meant to inflame readers and nothing else.

That's very malicious of him.

Why on Earth would someone want to do that?

I want the red leaders, red guards and the black men arrested, brought to the court and have their punishment for what they have done to their home country and their fellow country men.

...immediately after the yellow leaders are brought to court and have their punishment for what they have done at the airports, govt house and fellow country men

The red leaders preceded the yellow leaders with the violence the red leaders created in July 2007. Chronologically, they should be dealt with first.

engineer -----

Arisman? Is that you?

:):D :D :D

getting old by now already .... thread ... nothing ... thread ....nothing in a month time probably still the same and they will start building this overpass and the area is going to be renamed to : little Baghdad

But only after some very serious threads from the government and a zillion more arrest warrants.

5th June....Government thread that it will mobilize the aircraft carrier to disperse the mob....Abhisit guarantees that normality will be back before the new century.....

Arrest Warrents????? Who's going to arrest them??????? LOL I hope your answer is NOT the BIB. lololoollool ah I crack myself up some times :-) Thai police :-) now there a joke.

"In order to enable foreign governments to better understand the ongoing political turmoil in the country, Mr Kasit said he would visit Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam soon while he had also ordered Thai envoys abroad to provide information to the host governments. (TNA)"

Well, that will certainly give the foreign governments a balanced view of the situation...no need for further worry there.

I am wondering to myself why the government spends so much on propaganda when it clearly isn't changing the minds of anyone, least of all foreign governments...perhaps the money to be spent on Mr Kasit's overseas jaunt would be better spent addressing poverty and inequality here in Thailand...just a thought!

"In order to enable foreign governments to better understand the ongoing political turmoil in the country, Mr Kasit said he would visit Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam soon while he had also ordered Thai envoys abroad to provide information to the host governments. (TNA)"

Well, that will certainly give the foreign governments a balanced view of the situation...no need for further worry there.

I am wondering to myself why the government spends so much on propaganda when it clearly isn't changing the minds of anyone, least of all foreign governments...perhaps the money to be spent on Mr Kasit's overseas jaunt would be better spent addressing poverty and inequality here in Thailand...just a thought!

Misguided fool :)

I want the red leaders, red guards and the black men arrested, brought to the court and have their punishment for what they have done to their home country and their fellow country men.

...immediately after the yellow leaders are brought to court and have their punishment for what they have done at the airports, govt house and fellow country men

The red leaders preceded the yellow leaders with the violence the red leaders created in July 2007. Chronologically, they should be dealt with first.

And Thaksin preceded them so Thaksins criminal cases should be done first, or?

Sangwan said it was unclear who shot her husband. "But if Abhisit hadn't ordered the dispersal operation, my husband would not have died," she said.

I especially like this "logic." If your husband wasn't part of an illegal "protest" that was ordered dispersed under an emergency decree, by the internationally recognized Government of Thailand, he wouldn't have died...

And if you didnt walk on the sidewalk when I drove there after a couple of ten bears, you wouldnt die either. In situations like this it is the international practice Mr Abhisit talks so much about that the more powerfull side - the state - also hold responsibility when pure incompetence and amateurship is shown in handling a crisis.

Did you see any european countries send armed soldiers against protesters on Mai 1st? No?

I disagree with you logic. It wasn't an accident caused by a drunk driver, it was a "protest." It was deemed illegal under the law! No, Thailand is not an EU nation, is it? The "protesters were order to disperse, but instead attacked The Royal Thai Armed Forces with weapons and there were disastrous results on both sides. Soldiers were killed as well as the "peaceful protesters."

This is from my US hometown newspaper on May 1st "protesters." But the police responded promptly. Unlike the Thai police... Plus it isn't the nations capital, just a small beach town in California.

Riot breaks out in

downtown Santa Cruz;

windows broken on dozens

of businesses, porch of cafe

set on fire

By Alia Wilson

Posted: 05/02/2010 01:45:50 AM PDT

SANTA CRUZ - A large group of protesters

demonstrating at a May Day rally for worker's

and immigrant rights downtown broke off into a

riot vandalizing about a dozen businesses

around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.

Many in the group were carrying makeshift

torches as they marched, breaking storefront

windows and writing "anarchist graffiti" on

buildings, according to Capt. Steve Clark. Many

businesses sustained multiple broken windows

including very large storefront windows at Urban

Outfitters and The Rittenhouse building. Police

believe at least 15 businesses suffered damage.

The violence was initiated from a group holding

a rally at the town clock for May Day. Windows at

Jamba Juice and Velvet Underground were left

shattered and graffiti including anarchy signs

were tagged onto buildings.

Because of the size and violent demeanor of the

crowd, Santa Cruz police asked for help from all

agencies in the county to break up the riot. At

one point, protesters lit a fire on the porch of

Caffe Pergolesi and blocked access to

firefighters, officers said. Police were able to

clear out the demonstrators before more

damage was caused.

A large rock sat outside Verizon Wireless on the

100 block of Cooper Street, where vandals tried

to break the window twice, according to Clark.

"The damage that was caused was without

purpose," Clark said. "It was senseless violence

that victimized a community who cannot afford

to be victimized in this manner. This did nothing

to add credit to whatever they believed their

cause was."

One person, 24-year-old Jimi Haynes, a

transient from Fresno County, was arrested for

felony vandalism for damaging a window. Haynes

is also wanted on a parole violation, Clark said.

Police are searching for others responsible for

the damage. Protesters cleared the downtown

area around midnight.

"Our entire team of investigators are processing

the scene of violence for evidence," Clark said.

"We will be looking at video available

to try to ID who's responsible."

Haynes was observed traveling with this group

and breaking windows at the Dell Williams Jewelry store. Haynes broke two large display

windows in the front of the store. The witnesses

followed him and called police. Haynes was

located by arriving Watsonville PD officers who

detained Haynes, Clark said.

Haynes is on parole out of Fresno County for

burglary. He has been in Santa Cruz for the past

several weeks where he has established an

arrest history, Clark said. Haynes admitted to

participating in the rally after receiving a flyer at

a local anarchist café. Haynes was booked into

Santa Cruz County Jail.

Once order was restored, police detectives

worked throughout the night to collect evidence

and document the damage to each of the

businesses, Clark said. The police department

guarded exposed storefronts, and arranged for

private security to watch the businesses until

windows could be boarded, and responsible

persons contacted.

The police department encourages anyone with

information (include any photos or video footage)

to make contact and report the information. The

police department will be working to identify and

prosecute additional individuals involved in the

march and subsequent violence.

Police ask anyone with information about the

incident to contact the investigations

department.

yes disagree also. the difference is that the protesters have guns also and M79 grenade launchers. they are not fighting people arms with a bit of wood. the are stopping protesters who make bombs and have M16's.

if that ladies husband did not expet money to demostrate he would still be alive. the thais must know that nothing is free. they take this so called free money but it is really danger money

:):D :D :D

getting old by now already .... thread ... nothing ... thread ....nothing in a month time probably still the same and they will start building this overpass and the area is going to be renamed to : little Baghdad

But only after some very serious threads from the government and a zillion more arrest warrants.

5th June....Government thread that it will mobilize the aircraft carrier to disperse the mob....Abhisit guarantees that normality will be back before the new century.....

Arrest Warrents????? Who's going to arrest them??????? LOL I hope your answer is NOT the BIB. lololoollool ah I crack myself up some times :-) Thai police :-) now there a joke.

I think with the compromise now, there will be no arrest warrants.

My bet is, everyone goes home. The leader with the pockets full of money. The gunmen with the pockets full of money.

The 1000 hurt people the relatives of the killed people?? Nothing...they can write a postcard to the red leaders....

The DSI will do the arresting as they are doing now, did you notiice that those they have picked up recently have not been released? The DSI spokesman on Tele said they have been held at an undisclosed location pending farther investigations.

Saw on Thai Tele this morning that there were more people in Chula Hospital outpatient waiting room than in front of the reds stage, tell you anything? Tells me the reds are dead and now all we wait for is the funeral. But of course the leaders will run, with their pockets full of money, before then possibly to Cambodia where Thaksin I have read is some sort of advisor.

Why do you think the Govt has proposed to hold elections in November? because the reds have had a win? , ahh well no. Smply because the Govt is ready for an election.

They will have policies, manifestos, candidates picked and plans to counter vote buying and intimidation by the opposition and they know very well that the only way a red backed party can win an election is by intimidation and vote buying.

Those who quote the population of Essan as a reason why a Red backed party would win seem to forget there are citys and towns in Essan and not everyone is a poor farmer under the control of a Poo Yai Bhan, Isnt Udon Thani (a part of Essan) the third or is it the fourth biggest city in the country?

A lot of these city people are educated and have good jobs and all in the citys have access to more news than that given them by the village (and in some towns this one included) speaker system.

In other words they can think for themselves and can see how much damage the reds have done to the country and with the freedom to vote as they choose not as they are told its not difficult to see which way they are likely to vote. Give that freedom to choose and access to information to everyone in Essan and see how much support the reds have.

One good thing is the Govt now has Thaksins money to help mitagate the economic loss caused by the reds.

Abhisit's announcement of early elections is potentially a tremendous victory for both sides, which is precisely how these things should be resolved. there is, however, one more thing that Abhisit has to add to his package to make this more than a show deal with no substance.

This could be a victory for Abhisit because he has played fair arbiter to the conflicting demands of his populace. Reds and Yellows hate each other, and if he manages to navigage politically between them his statemanship skills will be remembered.

It could be clearly a victory for the Reds, who have cut one year off the life of a government that, ultimately, is seen by them to owe its existence to an illegitimate coup.

But to make his offer genuine and create this win/win situtation, Abhisit needs to add full amnesty for all: Red leaders, including those who openly advocated violence; any Red who actually committed violence; and any other Thai who actually committed violence.

It is in the interest of all thailand to get this incident behind them as fast as possible and focus on free and fair elections. That simply cannot happen if Red leaders are being hunted down as common criminals.

There is nothing pleasant about letting those who advocate or commit violence to get away with it. But in the current context, in which violence and many illegal acts has been committed by both sides, it will be percieved as unfair to prosecute one side and not the other.

If Red leaders are to be put in jail, then why not the generals who committed the coup? That's the problem, and that is why a general amnesty is not only justified, it is critically important to begin the healing process.

Abhisit's announcement of early elections is potentially a tremendous victory for both sides, which is precisely how these things should be resolved. there is, however, one more thing that Abhisit has to add to his package to make this more than a show deal with no substance.

This could be a victory for Abhisit because he has played fair arbiter to the conflicting demands of his populace. Reds and Yellows hate each other, and if he manages to navigage politically between them his statemanship skills will be remembered.

It could be clearly a victory for the Reds, who have cut one year off the life of a government that, ultimately, is seen by them to owe its existence to an illegitimate coup.

But to make his offer genuine and create this win/win situtation, Abhisit needs to add full amnesty for all: Red leaders, including those who openly advocated violence; any Red who actually committed violence; and any other Thai who actually committed violence.

It is in the interest of all thailand to get this incident behind them as fast as possible and focus on free and fair elections. That simply cannot happen if Red leaders are being hunted down as common criminals.

There is nothing pleasant about letting those who advocate or commit violence to get away with it. But in the current context, in which violence and many illegal acts has been committed by both sides, it will be percieved as unfair to prosecute one side and not the other.

If Red leaders are to be put in jail, then why not the generals who committed the coup? That's the problem, and that is why a general amnesty is not only justified, it is critically important to begin the healing process.

1) Does the PPP owe their existence to an illegitimate coup, too?

2) Does that mean the last month and all the deaths and injuries has been waste of time for the reds? They had a year off the governments term after the first negotiations.

3) Their should be no amnesty for the likes of Arisman, and any reds involved in any violence.

But to make his offer genuine and create this win/win situtation, Abhisit needs to add full amnesty for all: <SNIP>

If Red leaders are to be put in jail, then why not the generals who committed the coup? <SNIP>

Lame argument there ‘pig’ (even for you and your posting penchants :) );

The generals who did the coup wrote their amnesty into the 2007 constitution which the thai population passed by referendum.

I think letting the sheep-like run of the mill red protestor go home isn’t a bad idea BUT:

The red-rabble leaders 24 core 'core leaders' who are currently facing arrest warrants (to name a few; Jatuporn, Kwanchai, Suporn, Arisman, whack-job-Weng, Veera, and especially Maj-Gen Khattiya; aka Seh Daeng), should NOT get a free pass to walk away, as they have been the instigators and have spouted some of the most vile hate filled violence encouraging rhetoric I’ve ever heard. They should and need to be held accountable for both the loss of life, and the MILLIONS of baht damages incurred to Bangkok due to their actions. Let the average thai protestor leave, IF they leave when the government says, but if they hold out, and the government has to rout them from the bamboo/rubber tire tree forts, I say NO MERCY.

No matter how you spin this, it's far from a 'victory' for the red-rabble. ..Abhisit in the early negotiations with the reds said December elections, and now he’s saying mid November ones, WOW a two week concession, lol.. :D

The time frame he offers is shrewdly AFTER the budget, AFTER General Anupong retires, and hopefully after they amend the constitution to strike a balance between the previous 1997 crap one and the 2007 one the thai people voted in. I hope the red leaders see this offer as something as good as it's gonna get for their hare-brained demands. I hope they cut their losses, let them put any p/r spin on it they want to play it up as a win, and tell their semi-loyal red-rabble protestors to go home.

And then hold elections as the red obviously will be the next government in Thailand. Like it or not that is why cowardly Abhisit wont hold elections.

[/quote

how does your foot taste?

Sangwan said it was unclear who shot her husband. "But if Abhisit hadn't ordered the dispersal operation, my husband would not have died," she said.

I especially like this "logic." If your husband wasn't part of an illegal "protest" that was ordered dispersed under an emergency decree, by the internationally recognized Government of Thailand, he wouldn't have died...

And if you didnt walk on the sidewalk when I drove there after a couple of ten bears, you wouldnt die either. In situations like this it is the international practice Mr Abhisit talks so much about that the more powerfull side - the state - also hold responsibility when pure incompetence and amateurship is shown in handling a crisis.

Did you see any european countries send armed soldiers against protesters on Mai 1st? No?

I didn't see any of the protestors in those countries with molotov cocktails, grenade launchers, setting up tires and barbed wire around their protest site, attacking television stations, setting up road blocks to stop and interegate average citizens, storming hospitals, kidnapping police, throwing contaminated blood around....should I continue to list all of the things NOT TO DO in a peaceful protest? I'm sure you understand the difference but I could be wrong.

Retardius how do you know that minds have not been changed? What would your best guess be as to the opinions of other countries on what is going on here/ Think they agree with the tactics of the reds? Iran would support this type of protest? any reason you have this fool on your profile picture?

Another day gone and no action WHEN IS THE GOVERNMENT GOING TO BRING AN END TO THIS fuc_kING MUPPET SHOW???????????

It hurts tens of thousands of Thais and expats who are trying to make an honest living out here

Herm my friend. The gov is the muppet show and hopefully thaksin will bring it to an end before he dies. if not, somebody else will because it cannot survive this even if they clear the streets tonight.

And don't get exite about south police do dirty work. they number not a lot and have many army and police from north in bangkok will stop them.

so tens of thousands in high end malls and big shops inconveience. haha, go live in Isaan for 2 months then come back and moan you cannot buy calvin cline and see naked lady on stage (also illegal but falangs don't mind that sort of illegal do they)

Somebody please tell me that was an attempt at humour :)

he's right

90,000 out of work - people that have nothing to do with the government, hospital patients awaiting transplants that couldn't get them and you call it an inconvenience eh? I know plenty of people from Issan that are not in support of these thugs btw so it's time for everyone to stop lumping them in all together as if all issan people are red because it's simply not the case.

Common guys ! It's not Thaksin who's the bad guy, Sondhi and his club are. You are all falling for the propaganda the Thai " Goverment " is spitting out.

This is a war between Thaksin and Sondhi supporters.

Sondhi is a right winger, how can right wingers be for Democracy? They never where... They caused great wars

Remember bloody may 1992? Sondhi was behind this.

Remember 2005? Sondhi started " PAD " Because he said he was loosing money because of Thaksin having the media in his faviour. PAD was the major player in the 2005–2006 Thai political crisis that led to the 2006 military coup that toppled the Thaksin government.

Remember 2008/2009 Airports/Govermenthouse ? PAD

"Thaksin failed on the populist movement and now I think he has resorted to some sort of assassination attempt."[54]

Kasit revealed that he had planned to have lunch with the Sondhi on the day of the attack. Kasit also claimed that himself, Abhisit, Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij, and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban were planned targets for assassination, and that he was guarded by several fully armed marines.[55][56]

Meanwhile, Thaksin had the following to say:

It's [the Abhisit] government that has been given the license to kill [due to the state of emergency]. And I have the impression that the phase of "cut-off killings" has begun -- in other words, they are eliminating anyone who knows too much about the conspiracy of those in power against me.[57]

Lol :) ? it was oh so liberal of Thaksin to declare a war on drugs, create a hit list and then execute some 2,000 people?

Nobody knows ,they have changed colours remember,also people staying because there ID cards have been confiscated is a myth if they want to leave they can!

The worst course of action is to try and use force now it wil not end with that and continue all over the city and country,this supposed government keeps making one bad decision after another the only way forward was to go to the country and see where that takes Thailand,i am not saying it is the answer but it will stop the bloodshed that is about to flow now.

NTD- How do you know that? Have you been talking to people at the site? Have you seen a credible report?

I have seen the suggestions that people's ID cards have been retained. It seems to me it's plausible. Do you have concrete information otherwise? (Genuine question).

Hi Slip,i have been to the area yes,the first time was when i dropped six of the extended family into Bangkok,(i never recieved any payment :) )two of which are still there,the information that has come back to me(Mrs Brother being still at the site)is that they have still got there ID cards and are staying on there own free will(and getting payment),the other 4 caught the train back as it started getting bloody and they had more pressing concerns at home to deal with(The train by the way was free for there journey home).So THEY still have there ID cards and so do many others...the proterters that are there now seem to me to be the hardcore fringe and will not tolerate acts like ID cards being taken ...they are there because they want to be there.

Also like my Mrs said to me when i asked her to ask them for info on this...everyone loses there ID card at some stage,and is not difficult to get another one! Which in essence answers your genuine question that if people wanted to leave even if they had had there card taken(no evidence to say this has happened only media spin)they would and just get a new card at home....easy! :D

So yes my info is pretty much from the horses mouth,and a genuine reply!

And Thaksin preceded them so Thaksins criminal cases should be done first, or?

Chronologically, yes, but that requires his presence in Thailand in order for them to proceed.

The red leaders, except Jakrapob, are all here in Thailand, so their case can proceed first.

• 3 weeks later...