Thailand Disappointed With Unchanged Status On Washington’s Priority Watch List

webfact

Has anyone ever tried to buy a legit copy of Microsoft Windows in BKK?

More hassle than it is worth.

Yes.

I did buy one and you are correct, it was not easy to do.

The Company where I bought my HP PC was loading ALL INTO THE COMPUTER, I bought.

When it was all loaded, I asked for the Microsoft Disc. I already had the HP disc. he told my wife in Thai, that they did not give out the discs. I then proceeded to tell the man calmly in English, that I would simply call Microsoft on the Phone write now. he then suddenly changed his mind and we were handed the Microsoft windows disc.

By the way--you really do need it.

If you want to do a repair, the disc can do it.

If you need to clear you computer and reload the operating system, you need it.

All the updates and so on are worth the money.

I have done all of it and am still using the real OS for XP.

Just demand the real one and in the end, you will save money and trouble.

This has been my life experience.

I agree. If buying original Windows, INSIST on the disk, preferably coming from a sealed box. The plastic around the disk should have an official looking seal on it. Of course, they could fake that too, but my impression is that you are usually OK that way. I also had a guy trying to sell me original windows but wouldn't give me the disk. That's crazy!

Has anyone ever tried to buy a legit copy of MicroSoft Windows in BKK?

More hassle than it is worth.

HAHAH! CSF.... you are right! And half the time, even the authentic versions are actually copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A disgrace!

It is a disgrace. You are right on.

I got my disc and made sure it was real by simply registering on line right at the store.

Several times in the last 5 years I have been able to repair and reload my PC using the disc.

Also, think about all of the updates you will not get if you do not have the real operating system.

Several times in the past 5 years I have used the disc. Imagine the cost and trouble of going to Plantip 3 times or more to repair. Imagine your trouble getting your PC up and operating the way you like it. Imagine losing information. Not getting the real OS costs a person money.

Just the make sure you get the real disc.

Register it.

Done.

I did and it has saved me money and trouble.

They significantly reduced DVD and CD sales in Silom only for a few months as window dressing expecting the USA to be fooled....what a joke !

Just like their politics and government. :)

You got that right :D

They significantly reduced DVD and CD sales in Silom only for a few months as window dressing expecting the USA to be fooled....what a joke !

Just like their politics and government. :)

You got that right :D

Recall the short-lived "crackdown" of a few months back where police were going in to offices and confiscating computers with pirated software. That was no doubt more window dressing, perhaps at about the time the USa Trade Representative was evaluating Thailand. As we can see now, that didn't work, and Thailand really doesn't want to be on the PWL (aka sh*t list) again next year. I'd predict that we will see a much more broad ranging crackdown this coming year. If your office hasn't yet come clean, you'd better be saving your satang to license everything before the next round happens.