Us$30 For An Electric Coffee Maker?

Grawburg

A lot of things are a lot more expensive here than they are 'back home'. You would probably find it cheaper at Robinsons though.

I was looking at toasters a while back and was surprised to see a run of the mill two slot toaster for around 5000 Bt. There were more expensive and cheaper options though.

Check Carrefour and Makro. They have adequate coffee makers (10 cup) starting

at 399 baht. Just bought one to replace same model I had been using here for the

last 9 years. No problems.

Yeah Big C also. Just bought one for 400 baht. It's not level because the plastic was not molded properly and the carafe is so poorly designed it spill every time I pour the coffee. Brand name is Otto. Other than that it works fine.

grawberg.

re ... Am I shopping at the wrong place? Tokyu wants US$30 for an electric coffee maker that I know I can get at home for $10.

...can this price be typical?????

yes ... when it starts to get cold here in november you can buy a fan heater for 6490 baht ( thats about 130 quid english )

or you can do like i did and have one bought and posted from the uk for about 45 quid total ... and save 85 quid

dave2 ... nice and warm in november, december last year , next year : )

grawberg.

re ... Am I shopping at the wrong place? Tokyu wants US$30 for an electric coffee maker that I know I can get at home for $10.

yes ... when it starts to get cold here in november you can buy a fan heater for 6490 baht ( thats about 130 quid english )

or you can do like i did and have one bought and posted from the uk for about 45 quid total ... and save 85 quid

Likewise I was walking around Central the other day came across the M&S concession they wanted ฿3000 (£60 at today's rate) for a pair of shoes, trouble was they left the UK price tag on it that stated they were £39.99 I just wait until I'm back in Blighty until I buy stuff like that. Can't find my shoes size in too many places out here.

grawberg.

Likewise I was walking around Central the other day came across the M&S concession they wanted ฿3000 (£60 at today's rate) for a pair of shoes, trouble was they left the UK price tag on it that stated they were £39.99 I just wait until I'm back in Blighty until I buy stuff like that. Can't find my shoes size in too many places out here.

There are few bargains/good deals at Central stores even through they have "XX% Off" signs everywhere. I know that might be a shock to you Central shoppers but Central prices are high! Shop at Big C/Lotus/Carrefour/HomePro/Makro for the best deals (or should I say generally the best deals available in Thailand and which are accessible country-wide).

Edited by Pib