Cannot Download From Youtube

miodo2009

In the past I used Realplayer to download clips from Youtube, but for unknown reasons I got the message "unable to download" on a Realplayer window. I reinstalled Realplayer, but to no avail.

Then I installed other download programmes like GOMplayer and VLC player but then I even didn't see a download button appear above the Youtube clips.

It can't be that difficult to solve this problem...What could be the cause and what to do ?

Edited by miodo2009

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10137

Do you mean something like this? This would allow you to, easily, download the clip from youtube for later or offline viewing.

Just installed it and after restarting Firefox and opening Youtube, I don't see a download button.

A few weeks ago I installed "1-click Youtube Video downloader", also an add-on : same story.

What went wrong ?

Edited by miodo2009

just looked at it , i used to use real player pro myself, its only giving you the option to download to imusic or itunes could you not down load to itunes the to ipod ? or maybe you need to upgrade to realplayer pro ? it automatically downloads for you.

u tube have changed their page layout , is it that you cannot find the download button ?

I am unable to download from YouTube using Google Chrome but I can when I use Explorer 7.

Try using Explorer rather than Chrome see if that works.

Have a great day.

NormanW.

It looks like I'm able to download clips now, after downloading almost every possible download program.

Thanks !

P.S. : clips are being downloaded to desktop... :)

As stated above the clips are now being downloaded by GOMplayer to desktop. I have been looking extensively into preferences etc. of this program about how to change this, but didn't find an answer.

Firefox "tools-options" says : "save files to downloads" so not to "desktop".

How to solve this ?

It looks like I'm able to download clips now, after downloading almost every possible download program.

Thanks !

As stated above the clips are now being downloaded by GOMplayer to desktop. I have been looking extensively into preferences etc. of this program about how to change this, but didn't find an answer.

How to solve this ?

Download Manager Tweak: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/

Thanks !

How to solve this ?

Download Manager Tweak: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/

Okay, thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I have see this kind of post reappearing in this sections, people who need a program to download from youtube !

I myself get the file from my local \Microsoft\temporary internet folder or wherever is in my internet options / browsing history

The last i got was

You should watch it Elkangorito, you will like it!

Anyway coming back to my post and letting the feral members devouring themselves in the

Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

Why so many people want a program to download from Youtube, when i do not need one ?

Edited by simcity

The last i got was

You should watch it Elkangorito, you will like it!

Why so many people want a program to download from Youtube, when i do not need one ?

Thanks for that Simcity :D I did enjoy it...very amusing :)

In the meantime, try these 2 links;

I used the complete URL because info in the page is relevant to this thread.

Flashgot website

Flashgot - Firefox add-on

"Flashgot" is a small & simple Firefox "add-on". Once installed, one does not need to fiddle about with searching for & renaming temporary files. It is excellent if used with "DownloadThemAll".

DownloadThemAll - Firefox add-on

Edited by elkangorito