Is Thaivisa Female-friendly?

bonobo

why should western women be worried? I never read anything here than bothers me personally. Why would it, none of the people posting their drivel are anyone I would have any involvement in my life. I don't need to take their nonsense & thats why they dislike me so. The fact that I also have some control over content on this website really get their goat too. I moderate their comments purely because it annoys them & prevents their little pals from carrying on with it leaving the forum free for all the majority, normal posters.

Suggest you get busy thaibeachlover on finding those other forums.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boo:

I don't need to take their nonsense & thats why they dislike me so. The fact that I also have some control over content on this website really get their goat too. I moderate their comments purely because it annoys them

:):D :D

There is an international forum for bargirls and strippers. Threads: 109,181, Posts: 1,669,721, Members: 64,906 . It is almost 95% women. Anyone can join and if you want to hear men bashing that is the place to go. I don’t think I should post the name here. I’ve been suspended there a number of times. The women don’t like it when I talk about Thailand. The men don’t like it either, I think it makes them feel stupid.

err... I don't understand what men are doing on a forum for bargirls and strippers with 95% female members ??

but if all what these men know is a western metropolis where these bargirls and strippers represent their most desirable goal in life, then yeah, I can understand why Thailand is not welcome as a topic there.

Edited by tgw

why should western women be worried? I never read anything here than bothers me personally. Why would it, none of the people posting their drivel are anyone I would have any involvement in my life. I don't need to take their nonsense & thats why they dislike me so. The fact that I also have some control over content on this website really get their goat too. I moderate their comments purely because it annoys them & prevents their little pals from carrying on with it leaving the forum free for all the majority, normal posters.

I think you just supported my view point, having insulted almost everyone on TV.

I think you just supported my view point, having insulted almost everyone on TV.

how have I insulted almost everyone on tv? I certainly don't hold your view that almost everyone on thaivisa posts drivel & nonsense. Is that what you are saying is your view?

bonobo says
evidence was presented that at least a few women have left here because of it.

Can you point me to the post that contained the 'evidence' please.

Or could you point me to any post on Thaivisa where the poster demonstrates "hatred towards women" ..... not peevishness, or a little bit annoyed

but outright hatred towards women. I'm pretty sure you can't.

Well, unless you are calling Boo an outright liar, then her post is pretty compelling.

And while the difference between "outright hatred" and "a little bit annoyed" is subject to interpretation, yes, I have read many such posts, but when I read them, they get deleted, so sorry, I can't go back and do a search for you.

Thaivisa would be "female friendly"...if more females posted, which is not the case at the moment.

Before anybody says something like, "More females would post here if there were not so many <insert appropriate word/phrase> males in the forum", I would simply suggest that females are not 'built the same way' as males.

Since there appears to be no 'formal' deterent toward females joining the forum, I think that 'nature' is taking it's course...as always.

Reason for edit: addition to initial post.

Edited by elkangorito

how have I insulted almost everyone on tv? I certainly don't hold your view that almost everyone on thaivisa posts drivel & nonsense. Is that what you are saying is your view?

No, I'm saying that that is apparently your view.

However, if I continue to follow this thread, I shall no doubt "cross the line" and get banned, so I will not be contributing to this thread anymore.

I will however be searching for one of the "many" other forums a previous poster referred to, on which I can feel free to say what I really think.

Or could you point me to any post on Thaivisa where the poster demonstrates "hatred towards women" ..... not peevishness, or a little bit annoyed

Well, here is one where a poster does post about hatred towards western women:

bonobo says
evidence was presented that at least a few women have left here because of it.

I'm sure there aren't any, but only because the posters desiring to post such know they'll get banned if they do.

I doubt if western women know how many western men hate them, for all the reasons that I can't write here, or it'll get deleted, but they should be worried.

No, I'm saying that that is apparently your view.

no not clearly my view. My posts is quite clear that anyone who posts women hating crap is in my opinion posting drivel & nonsense & no one I would have anthing to do with. How you manage to read that to say "almost all thaivisa members" I don't know but I can assure you that the majority of posters on thaivisa are normal with only a small percentage having emotional & mental issues :)

why should western women be worried?

That's a good, strong, feminist argument, one which is actually beneficial to women. Some feminist dogma I've read on this thread has to be seen to be believed, but a woman asking why women should be bothered about what men think of them should be applauded.

As I am neither fat nor bald, I couldn't care less how many women come on here slagging off men that fit that description. Why should any one care about something said on the internet, particularly if it isn't true?

If you're not fat/loudmouthed/moneygrabbing/bald/uncouth/shallow/vacuous/whatever you have nothing to worry about. If you are then I'd say it's better you got a cold, harsh, dose of reality and did something about it.

But wrapping our little precious's in cottonwool and telling them 'the nasty man/woman is wrong, you're really a wonderful human being who doesn't deserve this' is the head-in-the-sand PC way of modernity. And terribly good for profits.

Boo, I don't think that was the smartest thing to say at that time. Nonetheless, I too get 'emotionally entangled' from time to time. 'Tis a human trait. :)

Edited by elkangorito

Boo:
I don't need to take their nonsense & thats why they dislike me so. The fact that I also have some control over content on this website really get their goat too. I moderate their comments purely because it annoys them

:):D :D

There is an international forum for bargirls and strippers. Threads: 109,181, Posts: 1,669,721, Members: 64,906 . It is almost 95% women. Anyone can join and if you want to hear men bashing that is the place to go. I don’t think I should post the name here. I’ve been suspended there a number of times. The women don’t like it when I talk about Thailand. The men don’t like it either, I think it makes them feel stupid.

err... I don't understand what men are doing on a forum for bargirls and strippers with 95% female members ??

but if all what these men know is a western metropolis where these bargirls and strippers represent their most desirable goal in life, then yeah, I can understand why Thailand is not welcome as a topic there.

They have a separate forum for men/customers. Guys who enjoy being taken advantage of by women. Men are welcome to post on other forums but if they get even a bit out of line or suggest the tactics discussed for fleecing men may be a bit unfair they are banned. It is an interesting forum the ladies discuss the fastest way to separate a man from his money and justify it by the man’s low morals.

why should western women be worried?

That's a good, strong, feminist argument, one which is actually beneficial to women. Some feminist dogma I've read on this thread has to be seen to be believed, but a woman asking why women should be bothered about what men think of them should be applauded.

As I am neither fat nor bald, I couldn't care less how many women come on here slagging off men that fit that description. Why should any one care about something said on the internet, particularly if it isn't true?

If you're not fat/loudmouthed/moneygrabbing/bald/uncouth/shallow/vacuous/whatever you have nothing to worry about. If you are then I'd say it's better you got a cold, harsh, dose of reality and did something about it.

But wrapping our little precious's in cottonwool and telling them 'the nasty man/woman is wrong, you're really a wonderful human being who doesn't deserve this' is the head-in-the-sand PC way of modernity. And terribly good for profits.

I love irony :)

I do have an observation here which may seem off-topic, but I think it reflects on the issue which caused me to start this thread.

I take offense at all bashing by demographics.  And, as a moderator, I take more action when I find that than perhaps for any other reason.  And without knowing the facts, I probably take more action on female-bashing than any other moderator, male or female. 

Yet, despite this and the fact that I started the thread, I don't think I have taken any personal hits here.  Posters have disagreed with me, some very adamantly.  But no one has slagged me personally except for one poster calling me naive, and that is hardly a serious hit worth noting.

Yet I have seen many posters slag two of our female moderators. And I have read posts complaining about having posts deleted by "female mods."  Once again, this thread has nothing to do with moderation.  But why are posters slamming our female mods and not me, the one who actually takes this closer to heart and has taken more action on it?

Consider that, please.

hmm not rocket science is it bonobo. :D But thank you for raising this topic. It is something I have been thinking of for a while too & have also seen the increase in hater posters & this thread has been very enlightening :)

When I look at a post, I care not for the gender of the person.

Upon further posts by anyone, it may not or may be apparent (& therefore real) that the gender of the poster has much to do with how they respond/post/etc.

Men are from Mars...Women are from Venus...& never the twain shall meet.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. Women simply are not the majority of members on this forum...& I don't think anybody is to blame for this.

Bonobo, I tried to write a post slagging you off, but I couldn't go further than the first line.

But maybe this will do:

I actually witnessed your moderation actions in some threads, and I thought you were a feminist woman.

Maybe other posters also don't know that you are male and therefore complain about their posts being deleted by "female mods"?

Edited by tgw

I do have an observation here which may seem off-topic, but I think it reflects on the issue which caused me to start this thread.

I take offense at all bashing by demographics.  And, as a moderator, I take more action when I find that than perhaps for any other reason.  And without knowing the facts, I probably take more action on female-bashing than any other moderator, male or female. 

Yet, despite this and the fact that I started the thread, I don't think I have taken any personal hits here.  Posters have disagreed with me, some very adamantly.  But no one has slagged me personally except for one poster calling me naive, and that is hardly a serious hit worth noting.

Yet I have seen many posters slag two of our female moderators. And I have read posts complaining about having posts deleted by "female mods."  Once again, this post has nothing to do with moderation.  But why are posters slamming our female mods and not me, the one who actually takes this closer to heart and has taken more action on it?

Consider that, please.

I don't see how one can answer a question "why are posters slamming female mods?" without discussing moderation. And we can't discuss moderation. So what kind of an answer do you want?

Bonobo, I tried to write a post slagging you off, but I couldn't go further than the first line.

But maybe this will do:

I actually witnessed your moderation actions in some threads, and I thought you were a feminist woman.

Maybe other posters also don't know that you are male and therefore complain about their posts being deleted by "female mods"?

OK, point taken!  :)

I just thought that if the gender was shown in the member info next to the posts, it could encourage posters to be more polite towards female posters.

Maybe this is worth trying?

And at the same time less complaints about posts being deleted by "the female Mod Bonobo" :)

Edited by tgw

Yet I have seen many posters slag two of our female moderators. And I have read posts complaining about having posts deleted by "female mods."  Once again, this post has nothing to do with moderation.  But why are posters slamming our female mods and not me, the one who actually takes this closer to heart and has taken more action on it?

Consider that, please.

I don't see how one can answer a question "why are posters slamming female mods?" without discussing moderation. And we can't discuss moderation. So what kind of an answer do you want?

I don't really need a reply, but I just ask other posters to consider what I wrote.  If the shoe fits, so be it.  If it doesn't fit, so be it.

When I look at a post, I care not for the gender of the person.

Upon further posts by anyone, it may not or may be apparent (& therefore real) that the gender of the poster has much to do with how they respond/post/etc.

Men are from Mars...Women are from Venus...& never the twain shall meet.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

I tend to agree. I think the thing that winds a lot of men up is duplicity - it appears women can say ANYTHING about men, whereas men can't say jack about women.

Women are the fairer sex, whereas men are fair game.

I take offense at all bashing by demographics. And, as a moderator, I take more action when I find that than perhaps for any other reason. And without knowing the facts, I probably take more action on female-bashing than any other moderator, male or female.

Yet, despite this and the fact that I started the thread, I don't think I have taken any personal hits here. Posters have disagreed with me, some very adamantly. But no one has slagged me personally except for one poster calling me naive, and that is hardly a serious hit worth noting.

Yet I have seen many posters slag two of our female moderators. And I have read posts complaining about having posts deleted by "female mods." Once again, this thread has nothing to do with moderation. But why are posters slamming our female mods and not me, the one who actually takes this closer to heart and has taken more action on it?

Consider that, please.

Consider this; maybe you wind people up less? Boo has already admitted she deliberately targets people she dislikes - I don't see you doing the same. Maybe you are aiming the question in the wrong direction?

I just thought that if the gender was shown in the member info next to the posts, it could encourage posters to be more polite towards female posters.

This would be a truly biased situation. I liken it to Kow Towing to people of a perceived 'higher class'. It is nothing but extreme discrimination.

If a minimum amount of respect is shown by a human toward another, then gender, race, sexual preference etc does not immediately come into the equation. These things emerge later & at which point in time, may alter the conversation.

Edited by elkangorito

admitted she deliberately targets people she dislikes

did I? I think you'll find I soaid I don't tolerate the crap written about women & therefore remove the psts & moderate those people. It has the added effect of winding them up cause I am a women. That isn't my problem, its theirs.

A bit different to your claims but you have made your agenda perfectly clear on this subject imo so think what you want :)

This would be a truly biased situation. I liken it to Kow Towing to people of a perceived 'higher class'. It is nothing but extreme discrimination.

If a minimum amount of respect is shown by a human toward another, then gender, race, sexual preference etc does not immediately come into the equation. These things emerge later & at which point in time, may alter the conversation.

Interesting idea, and I'm glad someone is considering the issue seriously.  But I think I tend to agree with elkangorito, especially when he wrote this:

If a minimum amount of respect is shown by a human toward another, then gender, race, sexual preference etc does not immediately come into the equation

Coming back to the topic of bashing by demographics:

I moderate several forums, some of which are very sensitive, and I had to implement draconian moderation rules because many people are just too stupid to formulate their posts in a non-offensive way, or in a way that is backed by facts, and they always feel the need to add gratuitous insults.

It is mostly the feat of the more simple-minded.

Many of their bashing posts have a true basis, but they don't realize that most of their demographic-based bashing can be said in a polite & articulated way that is difficult to argue with.