Is Thaivisa Female-friendly?

bonobo

I have also met a good number of men who read the forum frequently, but are just too intimidated to post on TV. They feel that they will most likely be attacked and ridiculed, so they just don't bother. Thai Visa is pretty equal opportunity when it comes to bashing. :)

I have to agree,i must be the only one out of many many friends who enjoy the this forum.I like it because you could be seconds away from a bounce,good for the adrenelin rush lol.

There is a massive underlying racist attitude on here with some farangs and i can never understand why they dont get bounced for ever,maybe theyadvertise on here.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, you got me thinking Village People gay fantasy uniforms now

Let me think ... Native American, telephone repair man, motorcycle policeman ..... what were the others?

Perhaps you are lost and in the wrong sub-forum? :)

no I just thought that 80% of the females on this forum are mods or admins. And I was just wondering if they are mods/admons because they are female or because of something else.

Or are all the other girls just inactive

80% are not mods or admins.  It is less than one thousanth of one percent. 

25% of all females are mods/admins. Thats not 80% but still pretty high.

We have 96,000 members.  If we use the 10% are female, that means we have 9600 female posters.

6/9600 = 0.000625  or 0.0625%.

How do you use the 10% figure Bonobo, it seems a very high figure if the Thai Visa members list is correct.?.

According to the members list there are 4847 x 20 pages of members total which = roughly 96,940 members total, of those pages only 54 pages are female members which = 1080 female members, of those 112 are banned.

IMO most women don't use this site for certain reasons, mainly because of language barrier for Thais, farang women don't use the site because they probably see it as male dominated and farang women also don't use Thai Visa because they think that farang males have no interest in farang women and are only interested in Thai women.

It would be nice to see more women use the site but I can't see it happening in the near future..

According to the members list there are 4847 x 20 pages of members total which = roughly 96,940 members total, of those pages only 54 pages are female members which = 1080 female members, of those 112 are banned.

And on most forums and the internet in general, many (if not most) of those claiming to be women are in fact middle aged men.

I would guesstimate about 100 TV members are actually female.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Can it be for a simple reason: that is what many men experience here or in their home country?

In know, this is absolutely politically incorrect. It is also not my personal experience, but I know lots of men who have been fleeced back home or here. They should have a right to talk about it, and not censored away.

I believe you are missing the point here.

No one is censoring anyone else from relating his or her story. And if some man got fleeced in his supposed relationship with a Thai scam artist, and he wants to tell that story to the rest of the membership, that is fine.

The problems comes when that turns into "all Thai women are scam artists." Or "all English women let themselves go." Or "all women whatever."

There are extremely honest Thai women just as there are some of dubious morals. But just because a person found one on the more dubious side, that does not negate the fact that many are honest. And when all women are labeled one way or the other, that effects everyone.

I don't follow your logic. So, it's ok to relay personal experience, I but cannot extrapolate or generalise for ease of communication? If that's the case, we're in very dangerous territory indeed. We need to fight such linguistic semantics and see the bigger picture: this is a PC tool to prevent free speech, for personal profit. It is IMPOSSIBLE to curb abuse of power without being able to freely debate it.

To use your specific example, I doubt whether the following sentence would remain on here for 5 minutes, despite it being lifted from an academic study. "A new study published today suggests the majority of British women born since 1970 over-eat, take little or no exercise and, consequently, are more overweight than previous generations". As I cannot generalise, can I quote research that backs up my supposition? Can I repeatedly quote research that backs up my supposition? I suspect not. I suspect it's just another device to curb free speech. Black Swan, Blue Sky. Very, very dangerous.

Ever read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? I can't help but think of the Big Nurse when I read the comments of one or two of the usual suspects (the fact I have to use euphemism to get my point across without censor drives home how embedded and destructive PC is).

It's in your best interests...

It's for your own good...

It's for the good of all...

I know best...

Of course what she really means is

It's in my best interests...

It's for my own good...

It's for my benefit...

You know best but I don't like it...

It is truly frightening that I cannot use my eyes and ears and use my brain to instruct my mouth (or hands) to tell other people what I believe to be true. How did it come to this? :)

To use your specific example, I doubt whether the following sentence would remain on here for 5 minutes, despite it being lifted from an academic study. "A new study published today suggests the majority of British women born since 1970 over-eat, take little or no exercise and, consequently, are more overweight than previous generations".

wrong actually, what wouldn't be allowed though would be the multiple nasty comments using derogatory language that would follow. Hardly PC but then maybe some associate good conduct & manners with being PC now?

To use your specific example, I doubt whether the following sentence would remain on here for 5 minutes, despite it being lifted from an academic study. "A new study published today suggests the majority of British women born since 1970 over-eat, take little or no exercise and, consequently, are more overweight than previous generations". As I cannot generalise, can I quote research that backs up my supposition? Can I repeatedly quote research that backs up my supposition? I suspect not. I suspect it's just another device to curb free speech. Black Swan, Blue Sky. Very, very dangerous.

The study's finding is not a generalization.

They talk about "the majority of British women born since 1970" and not about "British women" in general or "all British women".

Intellectually honest statements stay away from generalizing.

I'm with Boo about all the stupid comments this statement would attract.

But that wouldn't be a reason to censor people from mentioning the study and its findings.

Edited by tgw

To use your specific example, I doubt whether the following sentence would remain on here for 5 minutes, despite it being lifted from an academic study. "A new study published today suggests the majority of British women born since 1970 over-eat, take little or no exercise and, consequently, are more overweight than previous generations".

wrong actually, what wouldn't be allowed though would be the multiple nasty comments using derogatory language that would follow. Hardly PC but then maybe some associate good conduct & manners with being PC now?

Give me the truth over "good manners" any day. The definition of "good manners" shifts over time, being distorted to fit the pervading paradigm. The truth does not.

They talk about "the majority of British women born since 1970" and not about "British women" in general or "all British women".

Actually, did someone ever made a statement here at TV "all british women are...." "all Thai women do...."

I don't remember that has ever happened.

Political Correctness is like the emperor with no clothes. Everybody knows, nobody is allowed to say.

It is indeed a dangerous development in the West. Here at TV you can be banned - a mild punishment. In your Western homeland you can lose your job or end in court.

Read in George Orwell's books where that ends.

you can even go as far as saying the average western european woman (or american or whatever) is fatter than the average Thai woman.

This can easily be proven by medical statistics, just divide average weight by average height and compare.

And, by the way, the same is true about men.

So...?

Intellectually honest statements stay away from generalizing.

I'm with Boo about all the stupid comments this statement would attract.

But that wouldn't be a reason to censor people from mentioning the study and its findings.

But, according to Bonobo, we are able to use personal experience. So, if, when debating why western males come to thailand, for instance, I posted the results of the study, and 100 fellow posters followed up with "the majority of western women I've had personal experience of are fatter than thai women", would that be allowed? Using one mod's methodology - yes. Using another mod's methodolgy - no.

You can't help but conclude what is and isn't allowed comes down to the individual preference of the mod, which is dangerous territory.

There are more and more fat thai women than what i saw 6 years ago,unless i was walking around with my eyes shut.I certainly didnt come to Pattaya to have a relationship with a thai woman but found my ideal partner,and it could have been a farang woman but many more fee thai ladies than foreign ladies.Would have been great to have met a lovely blonde russian woman who was rich but not meant to be lol.To be honest us foreign men get terrible remarks off women too and never seen one banned,and i dont think the farang women want us they want thai guys,so great news all round

And on most forums and the internet in general, many (if not most) of those claiming to be women are in fact middle aged men.

I would guess that 10 are female, but they have lots of power. Aren't a few of them moderators? or such?

I always use the rule on the NET that every REAL user probably has a dozen avatars. Then you have active members? How many active 'real men' and 'real women' on TV? Maybe 20-50 on average?

Let's get real here.

I always tell women if you want fun go to Spain or Italy. Its the same, I know lots of 70 year old women that have 40 year old boyfriends. In Italy its common to see a 40 year old woman with a 20 year old man? Why? Because its real hard for the man to find a 20 year old female.

Italy is completely opposite to Thailand.

So boyz go to Thailand, and its paradise for men. But there is paradise for women in place like Italy. So what's the big deal?

Female Friendly? NET? As a computer scientist engineer, I can say that this is a MALE dominated techno world, sure there might be a female board out there, but I don't think that be TV? Right?

Before the female mod ban's me read what I write? I really think the problem in thailand is the farang in is zealous treatment of women as sex toys.

But paradise does exist for men and women.

Thailand is paradise for men, but is hel_l for women. Fact. Especially farang women.

Most of us men come here and fall in love with Thailand.

I really do hate this argument I see over&over on these boards that somehow farang women are bad, and thai women better. I have found just the opposite, its how you treat the women. It's all the same.

You get these guys coming from UK, who are fat and lazy, and couldn't find a woman under any circumstance, and they come here and talk bad about the ex-wife. Then they treat the thai-woman the same, and guess what, same thing happens!

Why else can you explain why in Pattaya you see 1,000's of fat farang men sitting in bar's all day by themselves?? Drinking at 10am?

I rest my care. Thailand is paradise for men. Because of Asian culture that women can love an older man. But that man MUST give the Asian woman comfort and love, for her love to be REAL. The majority of men who come from farang-land have not a clue about listening or loving a woman, or taking care of her.

So the thai woman, takes the only thing she can get from the farang, ... nid-noy money. Everyone gets what they deserve.

Yes, I feel for ALL women on this board, because the majority of ALL men whether farang, or thai are same-same. It's largely an educational problem, but where do you start? In Thailand its just too easy for a man of any age to get sex. So nobody does any work. When the women gets angry the man runs to there boards and says bad things about women.

Lastly, this is why some Asia women want an older man. The things I talk about here are understood by smart women. Younger men generally don't 'get it', but some older men do. Then there are the older men, like the 10's of 1,000's that only love their beer by day in Pattaya bar's, those are the lonely men, in UK, and in Thailand.

Thai women want to be loved, and taken care of. Find out what those two things mean, and you'll be on the road to real happiness. But then a smart man, knows that ALL women want this thing.

I think that men want the same thing, but they're incapable of self knowledge, in general.

I would guess that 10 are female, but they have lots of power. Aren't a few of them moderators? or such?

I always use the rule on the NET that every REAL user probably has a dozen avatars. Then you have active members? How many active 'real men' and 'real women' on TV? Maybe 20-50 on average?

Let's get real here.

I always tell women if you want fun go to Spain or Italy. Its the same, I know lots of 70 year old women that have 40 year old boyfriends. In Italy its common to see a 40 year old woman with a 20 year old man? Why? Because its real hard for the man to find a 20 year old female.

So boyz go to Thailand, and its paradise for men. But there is paradise for women in place like Italy. So what's the big deal?

Female Friendly? NET? As a computer scientist engineer, I can say that this is a MALE dominated techno world, sure there might be a female board out there, but I don't think that be TV? Right?

Before the female mod ban's me read what I write? I really think the problem in thailand is the farang in is zealous treatment of women as sex toys.

But paradise does exist for men and women.

Thailand is paradise for men, but is hel_l for women. Fact. Especially farang women.

Most of us men come here and fall in love with Thailand.

I really do hate this argument I see over&over on these boards that somehow farang women are bad, and thai women better. I have found just the opposite, its how you treat the women. It's all the same.

You get these guys coming from UK, who are fat and lazy, and couldn't find a woman under any circumstance, and they come here and talk bad about the ex-wife. Then they treat the thai-woman the same, and guess what, same thing happens!

Why else can you explain why in Pattaya you see 1,000's of fat farang men sitting in bar's all day by themselves?? Drinking at 10am?

I rest my care. Thailand is paradise for men. Because of Asian culture that women can love an older man. But that man MUST give the Asian woman comfort and love, for her love to be REAL. The majority of men who come from farang-land have not a clue about listening or loving a woman, or taking care of her.

So the thai woman, takes the only thing she can get from the farang, ... nid-noy money. Everyone gets what they deserve.

Yes, I feel for ALL women on this board, because the majority of ALL men whether farang, or thai are same-same. It's largely an educational problem, but where do you start? In Thailand its just too easy for a man of any age to get sex. So nobody does any work. When the women gets angry the man runs to there boards and says bad things about women.

Lastly, this is why some Asia women want an older man. The things I talk about here are understood by smart women. Younger men generally don't 'get it', but some older men do. Then there are the older men, like the 10's of 1,000's that only love their beer by day in Pattaya bar's, those are the lonely men, in UK, and in Thailand.

Thai women want to be loved, and taken care of. Find out what those two things mean, and you'll be on the road to real happiness. But then a smart man, knows that ALL women want this thing.

I think that men want the same thing, but they're incapable of self knowledge, in general.

I must be very smart then

I dont' find Thailand a hel_l at all bilbobaht.

Never have. In fact, in many ways, i think Thailand is far easier for me than for a western guy. There are no assumptions by Thais as to my reasons for being here, and yes, I get plenty of attention from both Thai and western guys when out and about alone. I am generally treated with respect and most Thais, men and women, are very helpful and kind. I've only ever really had one Western man be out and out rude to me but then I figured that is his problem, not mine.

So, no, no hel_l here, I've lived here for over 20 years now and still enjoy it quite a bit, thanks very much.

Actually, did someone ever made a statement here at TV "all british women are...." "all Thai women do...."

I don't remember that has ever happened.

Political Correctness is like the emperor with no clothes. Everybody knows, nobody is allowed to say.

It is indeed a dangerous development in the West. Here at TV you can be banned - a mild punishment. In your Western homeland you can lose your job or end in court.

Read in George Orwell's books where that ends.

Amen brother.

When I am king, I know who'll be first against the wall...

I dont' find Thailand a hel_l at all bilbobaht.

Never have. In fact, in many ways, i think Thailand is far easier for me than for a western guy. There are no assumptions by Thais as to my reasons for being here, and yes, I get plenty of attention from both Thai and western guys when out and about alone. I am generally treated with respect and most Thais, men and women, are very helpful and kind. I've only ever really had one Western man be out and out rude to me but then I figured that is his problem, not mine.

So, no, no hel_l here, I've lived here for over 20 years now and still enjoy it quite a bit, thanks very much.

Wasn't it you who started a thread on why you didn't love thailand?

..men are incapable , all women want ...""

These generalizations are not conducive to a real discourse on the subject.

Perhaps a dozen or so women have moved over to Chickynet, which disturbingly does not allow men. ( and gawd, I can't stand that name, Chicky..) that would cut the enrollment of TV females by a significant percentage.

Why do you write there no women in Italy?

Edited by TigerWan

I'll show her, " extreme" ... No one is more feminista than me !! :)

Are you sure about this ? I see your recent post about married titles, I believe I read married women in Thailand can now call themselves some Thai language alternative to 'Ms' if they want.

How do you feel about the usage of the word 'farang', this applies to both sexes equally so it's a positive thing right ?

see my above post. Thaivisa could attract a lot more women who live in Thailand if it were not for the minority of posters who feel the need to blame women at every turn for every thing that has messed up in their life. Why are forums like chickynet & farang girls in thailand attracting huge amounts of women who live in Thailand? becuase they don't have the stupid "all women are xyz" negatives being posted whenever someone feel like airing yet again whatever little problem they have ever had with a women in their life.

Do those sites run campaigns encouraging more male posters? Do those sites seek to modify the behaviour of their existing members in order to attract more male members?

No? Oh.

:)

Edited by thepanicandthevomit

I believe I read married women in Thailand can now call themselves some Thai language alternative to 'Ms' if they want.

My wife (assuming I'm really a man and am really married) insisted on going to the amphur office and changing here name .... to my surname .... but title nong sow (Miss), head of amphur says ..... leow tur chan (up to her)

Go figure!

Thaivisa could attract a lot more women who live in Thailand if it were not for the minority of posters who feel the need to blame women at every turn for every thing that has messed up in their life.

Or you could just start up a new site that appeals to women who want to shag younger men and blame men for everything that messed up their life.

(Gambiavisa.com ?? menareallpigs.com ??)

Edited by sarahsbloke

tigerfish

whats the percentage ratio of males v female mods/ admin on this forum?

bet it isnt 90%- 10%

9 admin - 1 woman

32 moderators - 5 women

you can do the math :)

More interesting is the ratio female admins/mods vs regular female members.

And don't tell me it's positive discrimination.

????

Percentage of regular female members: 10 %

Percentage of Admin females: 10%

Percentage of Mod female members: 13.5 %

What is so interesting about that? Pretty much in line with normal distribution ratios.

Alright, if it is in line with "normal distribution ratios", how many are gay/lesbian and what is the right/left political split?